Talbot v Pollok. Cup replay.

Larky55

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In keeping with the Larky vibe, as the great Matt Munro sang "on days like these" well it's on days like these I love being a supporter of Junior football. I like football at this time of year, today is a perfect winter's day for a game and the type of day reminds me of great games in the past. Beechwood will be respledent hosting two of the grades heavyweights in an early winter Scottish tie. Can't wait, close affair with Talbot , of course, edging it by the odd goal in three. 

Was only going to be one winner today. Talbot could have been 3/4 up at half time. Bossed the game and the 2nd half was one way traffic. Pollok would have had no complaints if it finished 7 or 8 nil. 

Good performance the day and onto the next 1. 

35 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

Talbot were exceptional, very well done.

You must have upset Geo big man. That's the first time I have seen him being dragged away from a beefburger to argue with somebody. Also if you had have stopped for a few moments you would have met the great Isabel Goudie

Best Talbot performance I've witnessed for ages, George. 

Pollok had a couple of decent scoring chances in the 1st half, but Talbot had at least 3 good chances to score, not counting Craig McCracken's header  from Mark Shanklands left wing corner.

2nd half Talbot were awesome. Craig headed home a 2nd in the 46th minute when he headed home from 6yds,after half the Talbot team showed terrific hunger to win possession, leading to a great cross coming into the box from the left wing.

65mns Craig completed his hat trick when he forced the ball over the line from close range. He left the pitch soon after to a standing ovation. 

75mns Gordon Pope blasted home through a ruck of bodies from 10yds to complete a miserable day for the visitors.

MOM he was only on the pitch for an hour, but it can only be Craig McCracken, he was crackin.

I was also very impressed with Talbots 2 Dylan's Dylan Stevenson, & Dylan Pooler,, both did very well.

Special mention for Steven White, game after game he plays to a very high standard, he did better than that this afternoon.

Difficult to estimate the attendance, probably around 1,100. 

Officials handled the game very well.

Enjoying The Talbot Story, & Murray''s Diluted Match Report,in The Match Magazine. 

Beechwood Park looked in super condition as well.

Talbot are still the best team in scotland pollok are a decent team but top 5 will be doing well in league you don't win things in August and September but you can lose leagues n cups just ask hurlford beith were poor first few month of last season just need to look at the medda result

1 hour ago, Larky55 said:

Best Talbot performance I've witnessed for ages, George. 

Pollok had a couple of decent scoring chances in the 1st half, but Talbot had at least 3 good chances to score, not counting Craig McCracken's header  from Mark Shanklands left wing corner.

2nd half Talbot were awesome. Craig headed home a 2nd in the 46th minute when he headed home from 6yds,after half the Talbot team showed terrific hunger to win possession, leading to a great cross coming into the box from the left wing.

65mns Craig completed his hat trick when he forced the ball over the line from close range. He left the pitch soon after to a standing ovation. 

75mns Gordon Pope blasted home through a ruck of bodies from 10yds to complete a miserable day for the visitors.

MOM he was only on the pitch for an hour, but it can only be Craig McCracken, he was crackin.

I was also very impressed with Talbots 2 Dylan's Dylan Stevenson, & Dylan Pooler,, both did very well.

Special mention for Steven White, game after game he plays to a very high standard, he did better than that this afternoon.

Difficult to estimate the attendance, probably around 1,100. 

Officials handled the game very well.

Enjoying The Talbot Story, & Murray''s Diluted Match Report,in The Match Magazine. 

Beechwood Park looked in super condition as well.

Larky, The Talbot story will break your heart for the next programme

Archived