Talbot v Pollok. Cup replay.

Larky55

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say, that was emphatic, should have been more than four. Have read some stuff about Talbot playing effective but unattractive football, Talbot are unatractive, but only to opposition. Some of their play today was sublime and as they always do, grow stronger as the season goes on. Looked strong all over the park today, bring on Beith, fancy Talbot will now take them. 

Have to say, that was emphatic, should have been more than four. Have read some stuff about Talbot playing effective but unattractive football, Talbot are unatractive, but only to opposition. Some of their play today was sublime and as they always do, grow stronger as the season goes on. Looked strong all over the park today, bring on Beith, fancy Talbot will now take them. 

No doubt talbots win was 'emphatic' today - but not sure I would get over confident regarding playing Beith. That will be really tough and they will put up a much better showing than we did - which today was embarrassing.

Overall out of all the west teams I have seen - I think Glenafton look strong and wouldn't surprise me if they catch a few teams out this season and sneak up to win a some trophies while everyone is talking about other teams.

7 minutes ago, superpollok said:

No doubt talbots win was 'emphatic' today - but not sure I would get over confident regarding playing Beith. That will be really tough and they will put up a much better showing than we did - which today was embarrassing.

Overall out of all the west teams I have seen - I think Glenafton look strong and wouldn't surprise me if they catch a few teams out this season and sneak up to win a some trophies while everyone is talking about other teams.

The flag will fly over "God's Little Acre"

The flag will fly over "God's Little Acre"

It possibly will be Talbots league again, but just offering my opinion on what team I have seen come to newlandsfield and boss us.

Probably will be wrong and AT will win the league this season but I am sure everyone at Glenafton is quite happy no one is concerned about them as they go about their business winning most weeks

Shhhhhh! [emoji38] Hopefully glens have a good season, for me if we get 26-27 points and go from there, anything after thats a bonus.
Rob Roy and Beith are the best two teams I've seen this season and Beith seem to have a bit of metal about them to back up the ability.
Took in today's bot v polok game due to work commitments and it was an entertaining game.

8 hours ago, superpollok said:

Not over confident as Beith have proved a hard nut to crack, especially in their own environment which as we all know has one of the more prominent pitch quirks. Two things though that make me now think Talbot can overcome this difficult hurdle. Having watched Tucker's teams over the years they normally have a sticky patch early in the season, however they gradually start improving and start gaining momentum which increases as the business end of the season approaches. That momentum has started and once it starts is very difficult to stop. It's like taking the hand break off a juggernaut and gently pushing it on to a slight incline. The current Talbot team are just over that incline and starting to move and are just about past the area when it is possible to stop it. Whilst Talbot yesterday moved through the gears Beith were getting a bit of a pumping. OK, it was from a team in the second league in the country, however they must have thought at home they would have made a better fist of it. No matter what they say about Morton being away above them in the rankings, that will have hurt and knocked seven bells out their confidence. Anyway, we shall see. 

Loks learning curve to rebuild the almost permanent damage inflicted by the appointment of Willie Irvine has to continue.Auchinleck are still the side to beat and second half yesterday steamrollered us.It will take a very good side to topple them.

Isobel is spot on about Talbot building momentum mid season. Tucker has taken a while longer this season to find his best 11 but now the engine is up and running. Beith are definitely affected by the loss of their left back who gave talbot all sorts of problems in the Scottish cup games. If the teams played next week Talbot would be favorites but a lot can happen in 6 weeks including some squad additions and injuries.

Isobel is spot on about Talbot building momentum mid season. Tucker has taken a while longer this season to find his best 11 but now the engine is up and running. Beith are definitely affected by the loss of their left back who gave talbot all sorts of problems in the Scottish cup games. If the teams played next week Talbot would be favorites but a lot can happen in 6 weeks including some squad additions and injuries.

Well you should know

Archived