DNE pitch

FuzzyBear

They f@cked up trying to cash in. Get over it you didn't see all these posts when Shotts turned up at Linlithgow a few seasons ago and it was frozen solid with no chance of being played. Your whole management team couldn't believe your committee didn't call an inspection in the morning. It happens and you move on. No great for fans but it's not the 1st and won't be the last time a team takes the gamble for whatever reason. Players missing/ hospitality booked etc

10 minutes ago, Cass_Sba said:

They f@cked up trying to cash in. Get over it you didn't see all these posts when Shotts turned up at Linlithgow a few seasons ago and it was frozen solid with no chance of being played. Your whole management team couldn't believe your committee didn't call an inspection in the morning. It happens and you move on. No great for fans but it's not the 1st and won't be the last time a team takes the gamble for whatever reason. Players missing/ hospitality booked etc

Third time in less than a year for us - only a total of 760 miles for hee haw.

And the difference is DNE knew the game would be off but needed the folk in hospitality. The Rose v Shotts game should have been played. It was only a tiny area where the asst ref was running that was "not playable".

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Third time in less than a year for us - only a total of 760 miles for hee haw.

And the difference is DNE knew the game would be off but needed the folk in hospitality. The Rose v Shotts game should have been played. It was only a tiny area where the asst ref was running that was "not playable".

I can assure you the rose v shotts game had no chance of being played. I was the 1st member from Shotts too arrive at the ground and couldn't believe the area covered by the stand was solid. When your management team arrived they couldn't believe the decision and had a heated debate with your senior committee members in front of everybody. I can understand your frustrations if this is the 3rd time but I don't think any team would go out and do it deliberately. DNE could end up being fined more than the made from hospitality. Good luck when the game does go ahead  

DNE knew exactly what they were doing, failure to get in a local ref to inspect the pitch was a shocker because they knew what he would have said, it was all down to money with the 100 odd Linlithgow fans paying for hospitality. 

They should get the book flung at them as it's a lot of money we are talking about here .

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Your all pussies anyway. Used to play on far worse frost in my day. Also a summer bare pitch is just as hard.

In that case every game every week should be on. 

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:18, Cass_Sba said:

I can assure you the rose v shotts game had no chance of being played. I was the 1st member from Shotts too arrive at the ground and couldn't believe the area covered by the stand was solid. When your management team arrived they couldn't believe the decision and had a heated debate with your senior committee members in front of everybody. I can understand your frustrations if this is the 3rd time but I don't think any team would go out and do it deliberately. DNE could end up being fined more than the made from hospitality. Good luck when the game does go ahead  

I agree with you on this - good intentions are all very well. 

The fact remains clubs should adhere to rules and if any doubt call for an inspection or at least liaise with their opponents on the situation.   Shotts is 20 minutes up the road - so a decision could have still been taken nearer the game and still saved all the hassles caused.

Archived