General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

You not think Malenia is tougher than Radahn?

Aye but I was about level 180 when I fought her so I ended up staggering her to death really quickly. 

The toughest boss is Maliketh imo. 

On 13/04/2022 at 14:20, Gaz said:

Anyone with a bit of love for 16-bit RPGs will no doubt have heard of Chrono Trigger, widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time and second only to FF7 on my favourite games ever list.

Anyway, Chrono Trigger got a little-known sequel (of sorts) called Chrono Cross which has up until now been unavailable in the UK without importing / emulation. It's just been released on the PS Marketplace for about £15.

It really is excellent, it was the first ever thing I bought from eBay. Cost me about £60 to get it imported, that was back in 1999!

Oofftt i mind that, might need to give this a wee swatch

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Finally started playing PGA 2K21 after it was on PS+ last year. I think I've finally got the hand of the difficulty to make it challenging but still winnable. I might be able to turn it up once I figure out how the spin works.

It's a surprisingly addictive game. Was on it like a crack fiend for a few months straight til I burnt out. 

Never bothered with the spin and managed to win everything I could. I found the career mode a bit confusing considering I know nothing about golf, I felt like it was leading up to something big and then the season just restarted. 

A major PTTGOMN in games is killing a boss/mini boss who will drop a weapon that isn't an upgrade on what you already have. Surely they could program it in such a way as to reward you with better weapons.

On 18/04/2022 at 13:18, 19QOS19 said:

A major PTTGOMN in games is killing a boss/mini boss who will drop a weapon that isn't an upgrade on what you already have. Surely they could program it in such a way as to reward you with better weapons.

Me on Elden Ring right now. 

I've been running the same two weapons since about hour 10 of the 80 I've put in. I've beaten countless bosses and I use just about none of their stuff. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I've been running the same two weapons since about hour 10 of the 80 I've put in. I've beaten countless bosses and I use just about none of their stuff. 

That's more to do with the nature of your build and the fact that in ER the scaling on a weapon changes as you level it up, which seems silly to me.

Embracer group are buying Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix Montreal & Eidos Montreal plus over 50 pieces of IP from Square Enix for a relative bargain of $300 million. Western IPs have failed to meet Square Enix's expectations with most growth coming from Japanese developed smartphone games & MMOs. The Square Enix statement to the shock of no one contains the requisite buzzwords of AI, blockchain & cloud.

The IP in the deal includes properties such as Deus Ex, Legacy Of Kain, Thief, Tomb Raider & the real big hitter Gex.

Embracer Group have been on a buying spree the past few years & has names such as Gearbox, Koch Media (Deep Silver, Volition, Flying Wild Hog), Saber Interactive (3D Realms & 4A Games) & THQ Nordic under their wing. The current overal count of studios under their brand is 112.

On 26/04/2022 at 10:07, well fan for life said:

Is this an easy game to play? 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Is this an easy game to play? 

It's easier than other From Software games. Definitely more approachable than Bloodborne/Dark Souls/Sekiro but still hard as nails in parts. It isn't easy as such but there's a lot more checkpoints and scope to go level your character before coming back to a difficult part.

You don't need to go full Atrioc and spend 7 hours on the first enemy.

Edited by well fan for life

On 02/05/2022 at 11:34, GNU_Linux said:

Embracer group are buying Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix Montreal & Eidos Montreal plus over 50 pieces of IP from Square Enix for a relative bargain of $300 million. Western IPs have failed to meet Square Enix's expectations with most growth coming from Japanese developed smartphone games & MMOs. The Square Enix statement to the shock of no one contains the requisite buzzwords of AI, blockchain & cloud.

The IP in the deal includes properties such as Deus Ex, Legacy Of Kain, Thief, Tomb Raider & the real big hitter Gex.

Embracer Group have been on a buying spree the past few years & has names such as Gearbox, Koch Media (Deep Silver, Volition, Flying Wild Hog), Saber Interactive (3D Realms & 4A Games) & THQ Nordic under their wing. The current overal count of studios under their brand is 112.

There are a few publishers, high from huffing their own farts, who seem to think they're ascending beyond the world's largest entertainment industry to greener pastures.

It's probably a bad thing to have so many IPs and developers being accumulated by a handful of monstrous investment groups, but there's certainly a big fat pile of cash to be had by doing so. But when you find yourself saying "Tomb Raider hasn't made enough money for us", it's maybe time for capitalism to give itself a wee shake.

Originally mentioned in the shite things about modern gaming thread but probably better served here: Always buy physical

ps1.png.63c0a7d0f9dd1e5614972c7c6108c316.png

(Maw Sanchez decided that selling my PS2 to buy my PS3 was an idea)

ps3.png.5b3fe3675ffb3957dd919332e7f91c09.png

ps4.png.e40d36e7bd687cf6e4b0458fd26e6ac2.png

Getting my SNES and Game Boy games out would be a bit of a hassle and nobody really cares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty niche news, but I know there are a few other Giant Bomb fans on here.

Jeff Gerstmann has left Giant Bomb:

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/giant-news/1100-6230/

This news has felt inevitable since the rest of the old school crew left last year.

I like the current crew and will tune into hear about the changes tomorrow, but I fear the site doesn't have very long to go now.

Anyone played God of War? I've just tried it there and my PS4 Pro is the loudest I've ever heard it. Even louder than the times where I'd die in Ace Combat 7 and the fan would glitch. Like unplayable levels of noise. Constant too, not like it's going up or down or different in menus or anything.

Anyone played God of War? I've just tried it there and my PS4 Pro is the loudest I've ever heard it. Even louder than the times where I'd die in Ace Combat 7 and the fan would glitch. Like unplayable levels of noise. Constant too, not like it's going up or down or different in menus or anything.

How old is the PS4? Could just be struggling, it’s a pretty awesome game visually but would imagine it would strain any PS4 model besides the Pro.