General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

47 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Was always going to happen, they 3 were their crown jewels at one point, probably make them an absolute killing as well, vice city being remastered will be utterly glorious

Yeah I'm happy to see it as long as it doesn't mean longer for GTA6! Never played 3 or Vice City's missions so would be cool to go back to. 

Yeah I'm happy to see it as long as it doesn't mean longer for GTA6! Never played 3 or Vice City's missions so would be cool to go back to. 

You can already buy these games on PS5 I think I have San Andreas on my hard drive.

If its like the original resi remaster then nice one, maybe a change in some missions or whatnot but really just mega improved graphics and physics will be good

I am very confident that won’t happen it’ll be a light touch up and a £25 price tag or something.

11 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You can already buy these games on PS5 I think I have San Andreas on my hard drive.

I am very confident that won’t happen it’ll be a light touch up and a £25 price tag or something.

Aye I wouldn't want to play them now as they are in fairness I was just presuming they would properly redo them with good graphics and stuff like that. If they did that I fear for how much time I'd spend playing SA. 

https://artofrally.com/

Just a wee heads'up that as well as the original PC version, AoR has now been released on both Switch and Xbox, along with the new Kenya update.

It's a fantastic fun wee game, and amazing piece of work considering it's been developed entirely by one guy who lives in a campervan :)

If you are into driving games, Rally, or looking for something that is both fun, relaxed, and a real challenge if you want to push it, then I can thoroughly recommend it.

I’m pretty much at a loose end in terms of games. Games that I used to love aren’t holding my interest anymore and I’m struggling to really find something that motivates me to play it/enjoy it. I don’t know how to find that spark and enjoy games again.

9 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I’m pretty much at a loose end in terms of games. Games that I used to love aren’t holding my interest anymore and I’m struggling to really find something that motivates me to play it/enjoy it. I don’t know how to find that spark and enjoy games again.

I'm the same. I haven't touched my PS4 in months and my desire to get a PS5 when they became available has diminished.

I'm the same. I haven't touched my PS4 in months and my desire to get a PS5 when they became available has diminished.

I have a series S that I bought recently and I have games installed but like I said no desire to play. Hopefully it’s just a dry spell and something catches my eye/imagination soon.

I have a series S that I bought recently and I have games installed but like I said no desire to play. Hopefully it’s just a dry spell and something catches my eye/imagination soon.

It’s also a very quiet year relatively for video games. I’ve found it myself recently where I’ve been replaying games as opposed to starting many new ones. That said I think I might finally finish stuff like Fallen Order that I put off for ages.

2022 might be a year to get back into it what with the Game Pass day one releases really gearing up.

It's come to my attention that Tetris Effect is on Xbox Game Pass. I know there are some Xbox punters here, so I am absolutely begging you to give this a try. Whether you like Tetris or not, whether or not you've played it, this is completely worth it. 

The Connected mode that was exclusive to Xbox and PC has now been released on all platforms this week and it has crossplay, so there's lots of opportunity to play against/with people too, and the multiplayer modes are just as engaging as the single player Journey mode. Give it a try.

No idea where to put this but here seems fine.
What age is okay for kids to say play games such as GTA and call of duty? Can name otherw but these are the games in question/ debate 

I got right in to GTA Vice City in S1 so would have been about 12/13.

I don't believe this 'video games causes violence' line but in the same breath I'd certainly be keeping an eye on how it's affecting the kid in question. I'm not saying make sure they aren't running pedestrians over in cars. But my nephew's rage is quite shocking at times when he plays Fortnite. It has followed over into 'real life' though and at that point I'd be pulling him away from that game.

TL;DR, I think it's all about moderation.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I got right in to GTA Vice City in S1 so would have been about 12/13.

I don't believe this 'video games causes violence' line but in the same breath I'd certainly be keeping an eye on how it's affecting the kid in question. I'm not saying make sure they aren't running pedestrians over in cars. But my nephew's rage is quite shocking at times when he plays Fortnite. It has followed over into 'real life' though and at that point I'd be pulling him away from that game.

TL;DR, I think it's all about moderation.

No kids so can't answer with anything worth while but I agree with this. 

I started gaming on PS1, would have been just about under the age of 10 and my maw had to confiscate it after I would get really pissed off when losing at Tekken and would break stuff.

(I can still remember that detestable auld b*****d, was bullshit)

Since then I barely ever raged at a game even in my sweaty teenage years, probably played GTA for the first time 12+ so was conscious as to most of the humour and the fact that it was a silly violent video game. I think my parents did really well with allowing me to watch or play stuff but of course if there was the need to step in they would. 

I think if I had children I'd be comfortable with them playing shooter games like Cod or Fortnite at practically any age as long as they were moderated and didn't fly off the handle when losing but would probably keep them away from the GTA or the more gratuitous games til they had a bit of maturity about them.