General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Yet again on Days Gone I have no idea what I should be doing. I've arrived at a camp and I now have no missions available, have slept for 2 days and wandered round the camp, I'm guessing it wants me to free roam but considering it's a game filled with zombies and finite resources I dont exactly want to aimlessly wander around on a jolly. 
How far in are you? I'm still pretty early on* and have not long arrived at Iron Mike's camp. There hasn't been a period so far where I haven't had a mission to do. Is there not an orange line automatically coming up for you?

* I've done a fair few missions but watched a YouTube video of the game yesterday and their map was about 3 times as big as mine so there must be a lot more left!

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

How far in are you? I'm still pretty early on* and have not long arrived at Iron Mike's camp. There hasn't been a period so far where I haven't had a mission to do. Is there not an orange line automatically coming up for you?

* I've done a fair few missions but watched a YouTube video of the game yesterday and their map was about 3 times as big as mine so there must be a lot more left!

So I'm at the second camp with the old lady, the orange line went away when I completed it, I guessed right though and I left the settlement and the second I did the walkie talkie went with a new mission. I still don't like the layout of the interface but I am really enjoying the game so far, just stumbled upon a cave, went to venture in and explore cue an absolute horde of zombies chasing me, I actually had to pause the game to compose myself 😂

So I'm at the second camp with the old lady, the orange line went away when I completed it, I guessed right though and I left the settlement and the second I did the walkie talkie went with a new mission. I still don't like the layout of the interface but I am really enjoying the game so far, just stumbled upon a cave, went to venture in and explore cue an absolute horde of zombies chasing me, I actually had to pause the game to compose myself [emoji23]
Tip: When you get skill points aim to get the one that lets you see enemies when you press R3. Think it's one of the Survival ones. It saved my arse not long ago, I was scavenging in some bit and heard a Freak so went to tackle it. Hit that button and there's a whole fucking horde behind the train. Absolutely cacked it and slowly pissed off. If I hadn't got that perk I'd have went round the corner and been mauled [emoji38]

I think because the map isn't fully open that it makes it difficult to decide what to do. There's cloudy patches everywhere. I'm just going with the orange lines and burning any nests en route. I sometimes go towards a question mark. I can see it becoming a bit samey unless there's a change soon but I'm like you in that I am enjoying it.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tip: When you get skill points aim to get the one that lets you see enemies when you press R3. Think it's one of the Survival ones. It saved my arse not long ago, I was scavenging in some bit and heard a Freak so went to tackle it. Hit that button and there's a whole fucking horde behind the train. Absolutely cacked it and slowly pissed off. If I hadn't got that perk I'd have went round the corner and been mauled emoji38.png

I think because the map isn't fully open that it makes it difficult to decide what to do. There's cloudy patches everywhere. I'm just going with the orange lines and burning any nests en route. I sometimes go towards a question mark. I can see it becoming a bit samey unless there's a change soon but I'm like you in that I am enjoying it.

Is that the train near one of the first medical centres? I had a similar "oh shit" moment there. 

I've totally ignored the skill points like an idiot, I'll be upgrading all that tomorrow. There's something about the fact you could run out of petrol in the middle of nowhere that I really like, I'd imagine it's boring for some people but for a zombie survival game it's great immersion having to play every time you go out incase you run out of fuel. 

Is that the train near one of the first medical centres? I had a similar "oh shit" moment there. 
I've totally ignored the skill points like an idiot, I'll be upgrading all that tomorrow. There's something about the fact you could run out of petrol in the middle of nowhere that I really like, I'd imagine it's boring for some people but for a zombie survival game it's great immersion having to play every time you go out incase you run out of fuel. 

No, it's a different one! I'm sure you'll stumble across it soon. I couldn't believe how quiet they were. Aye having to fill the bike is both frustrating and excellent. I've pulled the map up a few times to see if I'll make it where I want to go so there is a wee bit of planning required in the game. It does add a bit of intensity to the game which is needed in a survival game. I've only ran out of petrol once but was walking distance from a camp thankfully.

Trying to get plat trophy on ff8 remastered, pretty much most are achievable as you play other than some side quests that need done before the disc 4 beginning, however one of them is to read old copies of magazines you find lying about (timber maniacs) 

One of them is situated in a one time only scene (the white SeeD ship) and now that im past that i cannot go back

Fucking infuriating when trophies are designed like this, i dont usually plat games but this one i thought was a good one to achieve, now im going to have to do another play through just to plat the game, 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Vice City still one of the best soundtracks in gaming? 

TBF, it's The Greatest Hits of the 1980s, so it can't really get better or worse.

How does it play these days?

23 minutes ago, Mr X said:
5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Is Vice City still one of the best soundtracks in gaming? 

I'll see your vice City and raise you THPS

Are we rationing vowels now?

Fucking Brexit.

39 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Besides the music the adverts & talk shows in GTA are excellent, usually parodying something.

"that dirty big fool gave me the clap, I'mma getchu Tyrone! Radio Los Santos!"

TBF, it's The Greatest Hits of the 1980s, so it can't really get better or worse.
I put it on a few years back for a bit of nostalgia. The map is absolutely tiny. I remember at the time it felt absolutely massive (which it was of course) but we've been ruined with OW games now and as a result VC feels so small.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I put it on a few years back for a bit of nostalgia. The map is absolutely tiny. I remember at the time it felt absolutely massive (which it was of course) but we've been ruined with OW games now and as a result VC feels so small.

I sometimes think that games could use a smaller map that's packed full of buildings with content, rather than the massive worlds with huge empty spaces that you aren't meant to spend too much time looking at, lest the spell be broken. Cyberpunk 2077 springs instantly to mind.

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Still crazy to me that Vice City came out less than a year after GTA III.

Yeah, I don't think I'd realised that. Nine months.

Wonder if Rockstar were running 100+ hour weeks back then.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

I sometimes think that games could use a smaller map that's packed full of buildings with content, rather than the massive worlds with huge empty spaces that you aren't meant to spend too much time looking at, lest the spell be broken. Cyberpunk 2077 springs instantly to mind.

Yeah, I don't think I'd realised that. Nine months.

Wonder if Rockstar were running 100+ hour weeks back then.

Rockstar have been the open world kings since then and other than some one hit wonders no one has gotten close. I'm including Witcher 3 as a one hit since Cyberpunk is gubbins as OW games go.