19QOS19

General nonsense gaming edition.

On 08/10/2020 at 11:33, Stellaboz said:

Getting intrigued into getting AC: Unity. But I haven't properly played AC since 3, where I didn't finish it as Connor was boring as f**k. 

Absolutely loved Ezio's story, and the games where he's involved. Should I play something else before Unity to really enjoy it? 

Play Black Flag. It's the highlight of the series. Hasn't been topped.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Rogue Company is worth a download for a free game. I know it's not an original idea, but I find it quite engaging, and I'm interested to see how it develops.

I haven't played a call of duty since MW3. 

I've lost track of the most recent ones and I want to get one for Christmas. Which one IS everyone playing at the moment or is there any coming out?

Also can anyone recommend a driving game to play with with my 8 year old son.  Fun rather than technical. Don't mind if it's out a while as I can pick it up 2nd hand.

Xbox 1 

Modern Warfare/Warzone is what everyone is playing at the moment. Black Ops: Cold War is coming out next month, but if the beta is anything to go by it is no where near as good as MW.

Got Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 for just under £18 on Steam.

I had these games for console but hadn't played them for years. Great memories!

Why is the PS Store so fucking expensive? I wanted to get either the FF8 remaster or The Last of Us on my PS4 and both were €20. WTF! Plumped for the Last of Us because I only played it through once like 5 or 6 years ago. 

Why is the PS Store so fucking expensive? I wanted to get either the FF8 remaster or The Last of Us on my PS4 and both were €20. WTF! Plumped for the Last of Us because I only played it through once like 5 or 6 years ago. 
If the store was reasonable I'd just get a digital PS5 but it's a rip off like you say. They do do regular deals where you can pick up a bargain but for the most part the prices are ridiculous. Missing a trick big time. If it was £5/10 cheaper than everywhere else they'd make a fortune as everyone would surely use it.

They'll have thought carefully about that one and decided there's enough people happy to pay the extra for the convenience/immediacy of downloading online to make it more profitable.

Mental. Utterly mental.

Actually I really fancy playing through the Journey on Fifa, having played the first one on 17 and a little on 19, but they're not even available to download. Trying not to clutter up the place with game boxes so downloading is preferred.
If I was in my own place, would happily go grab them for a couple of euros somewhere but aye.

Apparently the PS and Microsoft stores are generally better in other countries or there’s good digital alternatives. Apart from CD keys which hasn’t been decent for a few years I can’t think of any alternatives that make getting the cheaper next gen consoles worthwhile. Really don’t want to be at the mercy of occasional store sales.

That said, neither store is anywhere near as bad as Nintendo’s and both are far better for playing older titles.

The Last of Us Remastered is currently £15.99 on the store. That seems reasonable for a title like that, although it's still dearer than a physical copy of the game from amazon right now (11.99). 

You can always use a website like https://psprices.com/ to better judge your game purchases, unless you need to play something immediately. 

Apparently the PS and Microsoft stores are generally better in other countries or there’s good digital alternatives. Apart from CD keys which hasn’t been decent for a few years I can’t think of any alternatives that make getting the cheaper next gen consoles worthwhile. Really don’t want to be at the mercy of occasional store sales.

That said, neither store is anywhere near as bad as Nintendo’s and both are far better for playing older titles.
I just checked the Indonesian store for Last Of Us Remastered and it is £14.60 with the currency exchange.

The games are definitely cheaper over here on the PS Store.

5 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

They'll have thought carefully about that one and decided there's enough people happy to pay the extra for the convenience/immediacy of downloading online to make it more profitable.

*waves*

I don't buy games that often, but I've probably not bought an actual physical copy in years.  I'll happily pay extra for the convenience of being able to essentially buy instantly (I know you'll have the download time, but even day 1 physical releases need you to download updates now) and not have to switch disks around.  Managed to pick up quite a few good ones in their sales too, even if they are mostly populated by utter guff.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Was going to say, you think PSN is bad, Nintendo are fuckng ludicrous.  It's interesting to see how being a well-thought-of company lets you get away with so much.  

Was going to say, you think PSN is bad, Nintendo are fuckng ludicrous.  It's interesting to see how being a well-thought-of company lets you get away with so much.  

Between their first party titles saying at 50+ quid, selling digital titles for a limited time, and their back catalogue being ludicrously expensive even at second hand I really can’t be gassed. I was looking at a copy of Pokemon Black 2 (hardly the most sought after title) and its 55 quid in CEX.

My PSN thing is due up at the end of november. 

and decent deals on them?

£42.99 on CD Keys the now. I got mine for £35 the last time but can't remember where now! I haven't renewed mine this year so far.

Prob wait till black Friday at the end of November, usually a few deals floating about for Ps Plus.

They've finally updated the PlayStation app (def for android, not sure about ios) and its a million times better. Actually has some useful functionality and you can browse the Psn store and download games from your library to your console from it!