General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Downloading Outer Worlds on my £1 game pass [emoji4] 
Cheers [mention=53803]SweeperDee[/mention] :thumsup2 

You probably already know but once the month is up you have to pay the full price (think it’s £3.99 or £4.99) per month to keep the games you download.

You probably already know but once the month is up you have to pay the full price (think it’s £3.99 or £4.99) per month to keep the games you download.
Yes, cheers. If I like it I'll probably buy it but this let's me try it out for a quid :)

If fm2020 appears I might keep up the subscription anyway

Read the review on ign for Death Stranding earlier, seems like a pretty dreadful game (although scored 6.8 out of 10). Essentially looks like constant fetch quests and ridiculous inventory management!

On 01/11/2019 at 16:04, spud131 said:

Read the review on ign for Death Stranding earlier, seems like a pretty dreadful game (although scored 6.8 out of 10). Essentially looks like constant fetch quests and ridiculous inventory management!

I've seen a few videos and read a couple of reviews and they all seem to be along the lines of "I like it.......but you may not".   Even some reviews which gave it high scores.....still called it tedious and boring.

A lot seem to want to like it (or at least to be seen to be wanting to like it) because of who is behind it and all the hype that was built up over the past few years.

Edit - EDGE Magazine have said they won't give it a score as it was too boring to be completed.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

I've seen a few videos and read a couple of reviews and they all seem to be along the lines of "I like it.......but you may not".   Even some reviews which gave it high scores.....still called it tedious and boring.
A lot seem to want to like it (or at least to be seen to be wanting to like it) because of who is behind it and all the hype that was built up over the past few years.
Edit - EDGE Magazine have said they won't give it a score as it was too boring to be completed.

Yeah the impression that I got was that if it had been from an unknown developer without the hype it would have prob been a 4 or 5 at best.
Bit of a cop out from edge there, surely they need to give it a score based on what they played then mark it down for not being able to finish it.

I'm normally critical of the ability of journalists but kudos to them for finding new and inventive ways to avoid saying that Death Stranding is shit. It can't be that surprising if it's just plain odd and a letdown as Kojima is clearly the developer most in need of a ruthless editor.

Edited by NotThePars

TBF, the embargo stated they had to finish the game before giving it a review.....

Fair enough.
I thought the ign review was bad but then I saw the gamespot review. A lot ofention of interpretation and representation etc however didn't make the game sound like a lot of fun. They also seemed to gloss over over a lot of the negative points made in the (mostly positive) ign review.
This game intrigues me because of its uniqueness but absolutely nothing I've seen so far actually makes me want to play it.

13 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Considering IGN (are we also forgetting they have a penchant for plagiarism?) gave WWE 2k20 7/10, I’ll wait and see what the game is actually like. emoji23.png

Not a wrestling fan, but that game looks amazing from the videos I've seen. I can't stand reaction videos, but I'd love to see the faces on people who pre-ordered that and played it with no advance warning of the quality product they were about to receive.

Can't wait to download a totally legitimate, unpatched copy that I'll absolutely have paid money for.

10 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Needs nerfed ASAP.

Without trying to sound all salty it is just god awful now. Absolutely doing my nut in dropping into a lobby of folk running around with that on. 

Also people playing ground war and getting their tent & campfire out on top of a building for the full thing rather than playing the objective.