General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a lot of hype and rave reviews for Yakuza 0... So bought it off amazon for 20 quid. 

Does it get better as it goes on? I played about an hour last night and it was possibly the most boring hour of gaming I've had in a long time. 

Just bought Assassin's Creed Black Flag off PlayStation Store. Have never played an AC game before and bought it purely on the back of watching Black Sails. Is it any good? Hoping to get started on it next weekend. 

It's possibly the worst game of the whole series tbh. 

Pish! It's probably the best! It's been the most refreshing game they've brought out to date that's for sure. You could argue that it was the game that saved the franchise. AC3 sold well but was horrible and is the only (main) game I've yet to complete. If they didn't bring out a cracker after that I reckon they'd have been in serious bother. The ship battles were superb and the world itself was incredible.

My own personal favourite is AC2 as it seemed to get rid of the annoying repetition from the first one (even though that's still a flaw of the franchise) and was just an incredible game. Black Flag would certainly be second.

Each to their own of course but there is no way Black Flag is anywhere close to being the worst.

14 hours ago, #Gary said:

It's possibly the worst game of the whole series tbh. 

The franchise is infamous for sticking to a tired formula and never changing and you hate the one game that shook it up? AC4 is easily the best AC game because it tries very hard not to be an AC game

The Assassins Creed games are not great but calling Black Flag the worst of the bunch is a bit hyperbolic. Many fans of the franchise highlight it as the best the games have been and that's without making mention of the technical issues that plagued Unity.

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

The franchise is infamous for sticking to a tired formula and never changing and you hate the one game that shook it up? AC4 is easily the best AC game because it tries very hard not to be an AC game

Doesn't tried hard enough.  I like the sailing parts, but those stalking/tailing/following missions are ten a penny and I quit just a few hours in.  I'm done with crap like that.

Edited by bunglebonce

Playing Skyrim on expert atm, trying a stealthy mage character, banning myself from using any bows or crafting gear, cause its far too easy to become overpowered/rich/high level that way and the games progression seems to become really screwed up and you end up with either foes you can one shot or insanely OP ones because your levelling was screwed up by focusing on too many skills

But if you take your time and force yourself to focus on your build then the game seems to progress more smoothly, its weird because Skyrim was the game that really allowed you to become a jack of all trades, if anything it seemed to encourage it, but doing so totally screws your game up. So my character build is all about illusion, getting enemies to kill each other, fury etc. If that fails i'll summon a atronach and/or raise dead and spam destruction at my target. Its really fun.

But the more i play Skyrim, the more i wanna play Oblivion again. Weird that.

Oblivion_9ea9bc_6353290.gif

I saw Dues Ex (PS4) for a fiver in Tesco earlier. Not sure if its any good but its not much of a risk at that price.

It's a bit meh. Great atmosphere to it, fun game play but the story is just boring and I feel no link to the original.

Apparently "e sports" aka insanely over the top competitive games such as DOTA2, Hearthstone etc are being seriously considered to become part of the Olympics, mainly due to them being included in the next Olympics in asia including them as a special one off but without medals, but based on their success and popularity they may become a medal event in future games.

Now i love videogames, not so keen on the games listed, not really my kinda thing but i don't think they should be a proper Olympic event, for me the Olympics is all about athletic achievement, no such thing exists in gaming as far as i am concerned. Might just be me tho

Recently picked up the Hitman season for about £17 on the PS Store sale. What a fucking steal. Spent about an hour or so on each mission just exploring and when you get the mechanics and the style down it makes for some very satisfactory gameplay. Massive, immersive levels and enough content for literally hours of gameplay.

Bargain.

Apparently "e sports" aka insanely over the top competitive games such as DOTA2, Hearthstone etc are being seriously considered to become part of the Olympics, mainly due to them being included in the next Olympics in asia including them as a special one off but without medals, but based on their success and popularity they may become a medal event in future games.

Now i love videogames, not so keen on the games listed, not really my kinda thing but i don't think they should be a proper Olympic event, for me the Olympics is all about athletic achievement, no such thing exists in gaming as far as i am concerned. Might just be me tho

Nah I'm with you mate, eports and the culture around it is really cringy and no way should it be near the Olympics.

Also unrelated but f**k twitch and streamers

1 hour ago, XIII said:

Nah I'm with you mate, eports and the culture around it is really cringy and no way should it be near the Olympics.

I've never bothered with streamers either, i like watching Youtube lets play's, but full series ones where they aim to complete a game etc rather than "funny moments" or short snippets. I tend watch them like a tv series and maybe grab a episode before i got to sleep or in the morning

Yeah mate being 22 and earning a living from computer games, super cringe that.

Although I agree it doesnt belong in the Olympics its a legitimate competitive activity with a lot of money on the line.

4 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Yeah mate being 22 and earning a living from computer games, super cringe that.

Although I agree it doesnt belong in the Olympics its a legitimate competitive activity with a lot of money on the line.

Nae bother with people earning the living, have more issue with the idiots who throw money at these people. Like the feeders, basically people who send food to the streamer they like so they can watch them eat. I really don't understand it, or people who give to patreon