General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

The new consoles might be horrendously ugly, but the almost complete silence from them is fantastic. My external HD drives make more noise than the consoles themselves now 

I turned on my original model 360 recently and was convinced it was about to take off.

The new consoles might be horrendously ugly, but the almost complete silence from them is fantastic. My external HD drives make more noise than the consoles themselves now 
I turned on my original model 360 recently and was convinced it was about to take off.

I’ve not heard a peep from either my series S or X. Brilliant hardware.

On 22/06/2022 at 12:59, SweeperDee said:

I’ve not heard a peep from either my series S or X. Brilliant hardware.

My series x fan kicked in last night for the first time I can remember, it was 2078ad on civilisation vi on a massive map, and I was at war with another country 

It was on 30 seconds max

After finishing the plot of God of War, and knowing that actually finishing everything else and earning the platinum will probably take three times as long, I'd like to offer the Zero Punctuation review as a prelude to my own:

Abridged version: Game is arse in literally every way.

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

After finishing the plot of God of War, and knowing that actually finishing everything else and earning the platinum will probably take three times as long, I'd like to offer the Zero Punctuation review as a prelude to my own:

Abridged version: Game is arse in literally every way.

I was pleasantly surprised he's still going, hadn't seen him in years and went down a YouTube hole watching them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally installed Fifa 22 after it was one of the free games on Playstation Plus a few months ago.  I've not played a Fifa game  for a good few years (other than the odd game on my wee boy's Switch).

f**k me it's bad.  When did these games become so slow?  Nothing feels natural about it.

36 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Finally installed Fifa 22 after it was one of the free games on Playstation Plus a few months ago.  I've not played a Fifa game  for a good few years (other than the odd game on my wee boy's Switch).

f**k me it's bad.  When did these games become so slow?  Nothing feels natural about it.

I gave up on them sometime in the early 2000s.

I even bought a cheap copy of FIFA 18 to simulate the World Cup on here. Never actually played it, and I was so bored at the time that I was playing out virtual football matches for a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I did, however, install Sensible World of Soccer a while back, and that really has not got old.

Recently dug out Minecraft and had been making characters that the eldest likes Mario, Sonic etc. Had done a good job at them I thought and were pretty cool. Had made a massive airplane years ago and had almost completed Jack Skellington sitting on one of the wings. The youngest turned the PS5 at the plug and when I put it back on the data was corrupted. Hours and years of data completely gone in an instant. Absolutely fucking furious doesn't cover it tbh.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Recently dug out Minecraft and had been making characters that the eldest likes Mario, Sonic etc. Had done a good job at them I thought and were pretty cool. Had made a massive airplane years ago and had almost completed Jack Skellington sitting on one of the wings. The youngest turned the PS5 at the plug and when I put it back on the data was corrupted. Hours and years of data completely gone in an instant. Absolutely fucking furious doesn't cover it tbh.

Ouch. No hope of re-downloading any cloud saves if you have PS plus or something like that? 

Ouch. No hope of re-downloading any cloud saves if you have PS plus or something like that? 
I'll look in to it. I was just too annoyed that I turned the console off and sat quietly so I didn't explode with her.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

I'll look in to it. I was just too annoyed that I turned the console off and sat quietly so I didn't explode with her.

Sell her on ebay. 

13 hours ago, Clown Job said:

That new Saints Row is full of glitches

Crashed on me 4 times yesterday 

Graphically I’m far from impressed, it really doesn’t look like a new generation game 

I was probably going to download Saints Row over the weekend but reading this has put me off. I haven't played Saints Row since the second one either so it's been a while.

I downloaded the Tony Hawks remaster from PS Plus a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it, brings back a lot of memories! I also got the Yakuza game on PS Plus but still to try that.

55 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I was probably going to download Saints Row over the weekend but reading this has put me off. I haven't played Saints Row since the second one either so it's been a while.

I downloaded the Tony Hawks remaster from PS Plus a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it, brings back a lot of memories! I also got the Yakuza game on PS Plus but still to try that.

Tried a few hours again tonight on coop with a mate

Crashed 3 times 

Glitches such as enemies not spawning, including the police 

being unable to enter a vehicle with your friend.

Events disappearing off the mini map 

Customisations just disappearing mid game 

If you die you’re spawning at the other end of the map from your friend. 

It’s pretty terrible

42 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Tried a few hours again tonight on coop with a mate

Crashed 3 times 

Glitches such as enemies not spawning, including the police 

being unable to enter a vehicle with your friend.

Events disappearing off the mini map 

Customisations just disappearing mid game 

If you die you’re spawning at the other end of the map from your friend. 

It’s pretty terrible

Sounds standard for modern gaming. Developers releasing an unfinished/unpolished product and patching it to f**k over time to fix it to an acceptable standard.

I've seen ads for the new Saints Row online and it looks like a focus-grouped Fortnite clone. It looks unbearable enough even if it were actually functional.

In other equally heartening news, the PS5's price is going up because of the world: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/25/ps5-price-to-increase-in-select-markets-due-to-global-economic-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

Two years since it released and not only can I not get one, I can't afford and don't need one. It's a great console generation, this.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez