General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I couldn't get into the last God Of War game. Still have it and will go back to it.

Feel bad as it was a gift

The start of it was a bit of a trudge in trying to get the combat mechanics worked out but I maybe had the advantage of literally not having anything else to do between October-April so I stuck it out. 

On 09/09/2021 at 22:03, Miguel Sanchez said:

Gran Turismo 7 now has a release date:

How do I buy a PS5?

I never understand that "photos" section of the game where you pick your car, then pick a setting then take a photo of it. What's the fucking point?

Game looks incredible though, hopefully the c**t sticks to that date, at least we've got a minimum of 6 months to try and source a PS5.

I've started selling off these trading cards that Steam gives you for some reason, and just noticed that I've made £7.51 so far. Anyone else bother doing this?

I've got one that's apparently worth £3+. For a virtual trading card. Madness.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've started selling off these trading cards that Steam gives you for some reason, and just noticed that I've made £7.51 so far. Anyone else bother doing this?

I've got one that's apparently worth £3+. For a virtual trading card. Madness.

I sold a mask for a Dota character for over £100. I have a load of other cosmetic shit worth over £20 a pop as well. 

I just wish the UI on Steam was a million times easier to use, I have literally thousands of items I'd happily get rid of for a couple of pence each but you need to sell them all individually which is not worth the time it takes. 

I've been slowly playing Days Gone.

Just enjoying the riding from A to B to doing the task and then slowly enjoying the storytelling...

Spoiler

I've got to a point where I had to go south. The snow is a pain in the arse. There are now crows that attack me and most annoyingly I have found out Sarah is alive and she seems like a mad army freak. I was expecting her to be in a NERO lab or some shit towards the end of the game but I must have a fair few hours left and she's an Army weirdo. It might have just ruined the game for me.

On 13/09/2021 at 14:34, The Moonster said:

I never understand that "photos" section of the game where you pick your car, then pick a setting then take a photo of it. What's the fucking point?

Game looks incredible though, hopefully the c**t sticks to that date, at least we've got a minimum of 6 months to try and source a PS5.

One of the problems I had with GT5 (and 6 to a greater extent) was the feeling that it had stopped being about driving or racing and was all about presentation and image. The graphics side of Gran Turismo has always been a focus and a strength and GT Sport is easily the best looking sim(cade) there is, even being nearly four years old. 

This hyper-focus on one aspect of the game's presentation is actually one of GTS's biggest flaws - the reason there's no dynamic time or weather is because of the ray tracing system they use for the light. This and Scapes mode is fine, but it's all pretty irrelevant. When I was watching the Showcase and that trailer started I was incensed by the focus the Scapes got. Some of the pictures people take and share in-game are spectacular and there's definitely a place for them, but trying to make it a selling point of the game to this extent is stupid.

I've been slowly playing Days Gone.
Just enjoying the riding from A to B to doing the task and then slowly enjoying the storytelling...

Spoiler

I've got to a point where I had to go south. The snow is a pain in the arse. There are now crows that attack me and most annoyingly I have found out Sarah is alive and she seems like a mad army freak. I was expecting her to be in a NERO lab or some shit towards the end of the game but I must have a fair few hours left and she's an Army weirdo. It might have just ruined the game for me.

I hate snow in any game. Absolutely detest the stuff.

Stick with it though. Without giving spoilers, I felt the same when we met Sarah again but just go with it.

I did enjoy Days Gone but felt it was almost a mini hybrid of RDR2 combined with TLOU. If it had come out before these two games it would have likely received more praise.

The hordes gave me the absolute fear and I think I only managed to destroy 2 before shitting it and leaving the rest.

Why?

I like it when a game has a snow section, as long as I'm playing it in winter.

Because it feels like you are moving at a snails pace and it's extremely boring to look at/you can't see as far.

I just hate the stuff. It was comfortably the worst part in RDR2 and as much as I love TLOU, the whole snow section was a complete ball ache.

I'm sure there was a CoD or Battlefield game that had a section of snow as well and again I truly hated it.

Because it feels like you are moving at a snails pace and it's extremely boring to look at/you can't see as far.

I just hate the stuff. It was comfortably the worst part in RDR2 and as much as I love TLOU, the whole snow section was a complete ball ache.

I'm sure there was a CoD or Battlefield game that had a section of snow as well and again I truly hated it.
COD MW2 had a few snow sections, I quite enjoyed them though.

You've reminded me of a particularly spiteful snow section in Death Stranding.  Won't go into the details (it would be baffling and sound fucking stupid) but you're without your main tool for sensing the game's enemies, and heading to a shack on a mountain to retrieve it.  A storm is rolling in that just keeps getting worse as you climb higher.  Towards the end of the section there is literally zero visibility as you're trying to pick your way through.  Effective, but utterly miserable.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

^^^ MudRunner fan

On 14/09/2021 at 18:16, Miguel Sanchez said:

May as well tag @BFTD too just to show him 40 minutes' worth of reaction to 2 and a bit minutes' of trailer.

You couldn't make me sit through that even if it was about Bloodlines 2, with the promise of a release date at the end!  :lol: