General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

12 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I loved the Skate series, I remember playing the first one in my last year of school. This will be brilliant!

Aye they were magic! I remember playing Tony Hawks and enjoying it but after Skate came out their was no comparison. 

2 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Aye they were magic! I remember playing Tony Hawks and enjoying it but after Skate came out their was no comparison. 

Yeah that flick system they introduced was superb. I never skated or anything growing up, but it felt a lot more real than the likes of Tony Hawks. 

7 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah that flick system they introduced was superb. I never skated or anything growing up, but it felt a lot more real than the likes of Tony Hawks. 

Yeah 100%. On Tony Hawks you could do a grind around the whole map all whilst doing handstand manuals and various backflips and gymnastic stunts that would make an Olympian proud just by spamming all of the buttons at once where as on Skate even pulling off anything more than a kick flip felt like a well executed manoeuvre.

There's a move called a Hippy Flip where you basically jump over something and the board flips underneath it, they introduced this into Skate 2 and you just had to press a button to do it but in Skate 1 they didn't have it as a move in the game but it was possible to brute force with the psychics by timing your flip just right. Can remember spending hours with my mates just trying to do this one move, on the game of course. 

Bought Mass Effect legendary edition as I'm off work on holiday for the next fortnight.

Pretty mixed bag so far. There's plenty to like. The game world and plot works really well. I'm about 6 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface. There's a ton of stuff to dislike too. I've never played a game that makes it this difficult to identify mission objectives. I'm currently on Feros and about to try and help the colony restore power, water and get food. Normally there would be options for these side missions in the mission log. I'd select which one I want to do and it would show the relevant markers on my map. Not Mass Effect though. The map is about as much use as a marzipan dildo. I'm finding the weapons to be pretty meh tbh and the upgrade options for armour to be less than useful. It's just niggly and detracts from the playing experience. I also find controlling Shepherd to be really slow. The run options are pretty pointless and don't really get you out of trouble much, particularly the first time you take a Krogan on when saving the blue archaeologist girl. There's also the bugs. - really annoying when sound suddenly disappears.

I'll stick with it, but I expect that if I had a swear box then Mass Effect would bankrupt me.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

20 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Bought Mass Effect legendary edition as I'm off work on holiday for the next fortnight.

Pretty mixed bag so far. There's plenty to like. The game world and plot works really well. I'm about 6 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface. There's a ton of stuff to dislike too. I've never played a game that makes it this difficult to identify mission objectives. I'm currently on Feros and about to try and help the colony restore power, water and get food. Normally there would be options for these side missions in the mission log. I'd select which one I want to do and it would show the relevant markers on my map. Not Mass Effect though. The map is about as much use as a marzipan dildo. I'm finding the weapons to be pretty meh tbh and the upgrade options for armour to be less than useful. It's just niggly and detracts from the playing experience. I also find controlling Shepherd to be really slow. The run options are pretty pointless and don't really get you out of trouble much, particularly the first time you take a Krogan on when saving the blue archaeologist girl. There's also the bugs. - really annoying when sound suddenly disappears.

I'll stick with it, but I expect that if I had a swear box then Mass Effect would bankrupt me.

Combat is bad in that game and the inventory is hopeless. Worth sticking with it though as they get better as the game goes on.

11 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I just got it as well and I'm in the middle of going through the first game. I played it years ago but aye, as much as the story, world-building, choices and characters are excellent, there are some serious rough edges in the first one. Combat and movement generally feels very 'floaty', you spend a huge amount of time wondering around the same planet, with the same enemy bases but expect this one's red. I like the level of customization of armour and weapons but the whole system is a mess, like when you go into shops and everything is on one big list, it's not like pistols, armour upgrades and weapons upgrades are bunched together. Infuriating at times.

The story's good enough for me to ignore most of these things and, from what I remember most of those rough edges are really smoothed out in 2 and 3.

Thank f**k they improved the Mako sections though. I remember crying tears of rage the last time as I failed for the 6th time to get over a particular mountain range on some shitty planet. You seem to get stuck far less often this time.

I hated the Mako in the 1st game and actually prefer the planet scanning in 2 to it. A lot of time wasted driving around and occasionally getting your ass handed to you by a thresher maw. 

The combat compared to the next 2 does feel a bit clunky, but the story and character building are what makes this gold. Stick with it, talk to all of your crew in between missions on the Normandy and do all the side missions. Also, when it comes to a certain choice it should be obvious what do do! Also remember to have a particular romance partner in mind, depending who you choose it can lead to some funny cut scenes. 

I finished it recently with MaleShep, full paragon. Started almost immediately after as FemShep for a full on renegade playthrough but I need to give it a few months before I tackle it, just not enough time in between for me.

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also, when it comes to a certain choice it should be obvious what do do! Also remember to have a particular romance partner in mind, depending who you choose it can lead to some funny cut scenes. 

Spoiler tags for those who haven't got there yet but I'm assuming that everyone....

Spoiler

Let's Kaiden die

and

Spoiler

Whichever way your Shephard swings, at least fucks an alien.

Also, I'm definitely having another crack at 'romancing' Miranda when I get to 2. Gave it my best shot last time and fucked it up and she shut the door on me. Mass Effect 2 - MGTOW edition.

Edited by Gordon EF

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Spoiler tags for those who haven't got there yet but I'm assuming that everyone....

Reveal hidden contents

Let's Kaiden die

and

Reveal hidden contents

Whichever way your Shephard swings, at least fucks an alien.

Also, I'm definitely having another crack at 'romancing' Miranda when I get to 2. Gave it my best shot last time and fucked it up and she shut the door on me. Mass Effect 2 - MGTOW edition.

She's no Triss, but I've gone for Liara.

10 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I've run out of grenades on Feros. Going to have to shoot a colonist. 

Haha, I'm a few hours ahead of you. I used all my anti-Thorian grenades on the fucking creepers and then ran out by the time I reached the colonists. I slaughtered all but three of them and then everyone was saying what a hero I was afterwards.

Spoiler

image.png.855ae8ae3b6ef1c50e4b082c1e686e36.png

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Same. You've just reminded me this is the second game where I've asked for a threesome and been slapped down for it.

Amazing how realistic things things are nowadays.

Just received an email from Microsoft to say that I've been selected for the Halo Infinite Flight which is being launched this weekend. The Flight is basically the online beta version of the game and allows 343 Industries to check for bugs and receive community feedback prior to release. Will be interesting to see how it plays as I was a massive fan back in the day

On 25/07/2021 at 23:08, NotThePars said:

Combat is bad in that game and the inventory is hopeless. Worth sticking with it though as they get better as the game goes on.

Christ, they didn't fix the inventory in the new version? Running about the ship between everyone's lockers, distributing new weapons & armour, trying to work out which things to painstakingly sell out of the hundreds you've picked up...that was the worst part of ME1.

On 26/07/2021 at 12:43, BallochSonsFan said:

I've run out of grenades on Feros. Going to have to shoot a colonist. 

Couldn't you just pistol-whip them unconscious?

On 26/07/2021 at 22:13, BallochSonsFan said:

In the first game, Liara always gave me jailbait vibes, even though she was something like 100 years old. She acted more like a studious fifteen year old schoolgirl, so my Shepard gave that a hard pass.

Of course, Ashley's a mad space racist and Kaiden's an uber-sincere drip, so it was long nights alone in the cabin for Shep until ME2. Shame Dr Chakwas wasn't interested.