General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Just now, Pato said:

😄 aye probably.

I would love to be wrong but how does this release on time without serious crunch unless they ask Microsoft to do what they're probably doing with Halo Infinite and bringing in every independent studio not currently working on something else

My thoughts on what I've saw of E3 thus far:

Space games & Chernobyl type games are this years thing
Devolver Digital's presentation was one big glorious shitpost
The all digital format has led to what feels like an overload of games. There's one or two things I saw & interested me I can't remember the name of.
Style of the PC Gaming show presentation was cringe.
PUT ALL THE THINGS ON XBOX GAME PASS!
Troy Baker is a DILF.

Games of interest to me:

Tiny Tina's Wonderland

Borderlands spin off meets D&D. Seems like the excellent BL2 DLC Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep as a fully fledged game.

Shadow Warrior 3

Gorey.

Gloomwood

FPS stealth game that as the developers put it 'thief with guns'.

Severed Steel

Stylized aracadey FPS with a cyberpunk aesthetic.

Atomic Heart

Sci-fi FPS with a flare for the absurd, surreal & bizarre.

Pioner

Sci-fi FPS with a touch of Stalker

Warcry Challenges

Doom meets Super Meat Boy

Harold Halibut

Game play wise this adventure game isn't my thing but worthy of a mention because visually & aesthetically it's bloody fucking gorgeous. Built using handmade stop motion.

Edited by GNU_Linux

6 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Moved back to PlayStation for the first time since PS2. 

What's the ins & outs with PS plus & PS now? Worth it?

PS+ gives you 2 free PS4 and 1 free PS5 games a month that you can access for as long as your subscription lasts. You just missed the Days of Play sale where there's 25% off a year of it so uh... no joy. It's also needed for playing online.

PS Now lets you stream lots of PS3 & PS4 games for a reasonable price, I've never used it but as far as I can tell there's a large selection of games for a comparatively small charge.

11 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

PS+ gives you really good games month on month. They've had like Control and the FFVII Remake in recent months.

PS Now is a bad Game Pass. Much more limited selection but worth a look for what's on there to see if there's some must-play games you fancy playing at a reduced price.

24 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Cdkeys does discount on ps+, i always get my sub from there

Also, do you know someone else with a playstation, someone you trust, cause you can gameshare with them making it well cheaper to get games etc, plus the ps sub is shared as well so you would only need one between two accounts

Pioneer looks very closely related to Metro. I know it probably isnt, but the Russian language isnt helping the similarities.

I'll be shocked if Starfield isnt anything other than an absolute mess. Been in development for far too long and with too many different project staff to be anything other than a sprawling mess.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'll be shocked if Starfield isnt anything other than an absolute mess. Been in development for far too long and with too many different project staff to be anything other than a sprawling mess.

Also, Bethesda's game have been increasingly poor over the past decade. Some would say for longer than that. It'll be a real surprise if it's anything other than mediocre at best.

Still, it's always fun to see the usual display of NPCs turning inside out and pinging off into the atmosphere like Neo at the end of The Matrix.

Also, Bethesda's game have been increasingly poor over the past decade. Some would say for longer than that. It'll be a real surprise if it's anything other than mediocre at best.
Still, it's always fun to see the usual display of NPCs turning inside out and pinging off into the atmosphere like Neo at the end of The Matrix.
The only Bethesda gamed that get pass marks from me is the Wolfenstein series (bar Cyber Pilot and Young Blood)

5 hours ago, Tri-TON said:
7 hours ago, BFTD said:

The only Bethesda gamed that get pass marks from me is the Wolfenstein series (bar Cyber Pilot and Young Blood)

I was just meaning the games they develop themselves; id appear to be having a renaissance, although I'm still waiting for a Quake reboot/proper sequel.

Since Skyrim, they've given us The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout Shelter, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and The Elder Scrolls: Blades. Hardly a stellar line-up, and it seems like there are plenty of Elder Scrolls fans who say Skyrim was a disappointment after Oblivion, which was a disappointment after Morrowind...

They've also fully jumped onboard the live service bandwagon, which ought to dump cold water over anyone's future expectations.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I was just meaning the games they develop themselves; id appear to be having a renaissance, although I'm still waiting for a Quake reboot/proper sequel.

Since Skyrim, they've given us The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout Shelter, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and The Elder Scrolls: Blades. Hardly a stellar line-up, and it seems like there are plenty of Elder Scrolls fans who say Skyrim was a disappointment after Oblivion, which was a disappointment after Morrowind...

They've also fully jumped onboard the live service bandwagon, which ought to dump cold water over anyone's future expectations.

Fallout 4 isnt terrible, although it took a lot of patches to make it really playable. Its just that outside of the core game it's very patchy and the idea of building your outposts was really badly implemented, probably because they felt that they had to rather than because it actually worked in the game. Pretty quickly you get really fed up of grinding through the same Preston minutemen quests and building is only really good if you've modded the game.. 

"I'm with the minutemen. I'm here to help"

Like the dozen times I've already been to the same settlement and got rid of the same raiders from the same location. Like they couldn't have varied things a little? Outposts remembering that you've already helped them, that they're already aligned to the minutemen and that its not the first time visiting them every time you visit them for a repetitive Preston grinding mission.

Pioneer looks very closely related to Metro. I know it probably isnt, but the Russian language isnt helping the similarities.

I might be wrong but I don’t think Starfield has actually be in development for that long which is my issue here. I don’t know how they ship on time in a playable state which tbf isn’t a problem for Bethesda traditionally!

ETA: by which I mean actual building the game, I think it was in the pre phase for quite a while.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A bargain compared to what Squenix are wanting from their own website. Probably a lesson in there somewhere.

Square Enix. That's all I have to say when I hear about whatever latest nonsense they've got up to.

On 16/06/2021 at 08:51, BallochSonsFan said:

Fallout 4 isnt terrible, although it took a lot of patches to make it really playable. Its just that outside of the core game it's very patchy and the idea of building your outposts was really badly implemented, probably because they felt that they had to rather than because it actually worked in the game. Pretty quickly you get really fed up of grinding through the same Preston minutemen quests and building is only really good if you've modded the game.. 

"I'm with the minutemen. I'm here to help"

Like the dozen times I've already been to the same settlement and got rid of the same raiders from the same location. Like they couldn't have varied things a little? Outposts remembering that you've already helped them, that they're already aligned to the minutemen and that its not the first time visiting them every time you visit them for a repetitive Preston grinding mission.

Aye, it was a game that I started out really enthused by, before being gradually ground down by the annoyances, writing, and poor mechanics compared to prior entries. Eventually I just drifted away from it long before the end. Maybe I'll give it another go someday with mods.

Folk argue too much about whether Fallout 3 or New Vegas was the better game, when the real story is the direction Bethesda and Fallout have taken since then. If they ever do a proper Fallout 5, I can't see it turning out to be something I'd be interested in.

On 16/06/2021 at 12:12, NotThePars said:

I might be wrong but I don’t think Starfield has actually be in development for that long which is my issue here. I don’t know how they ship on time in a playable state which tbf isn’t a problem for Bethesda traditionally!

ETA: by which I mean actual building the game, I think it was in the pre phase for quite a while.

Christ, is this another Cyberpunk 2077/Mass Effect Andromeda situation? "Working" on a game for years before cobbling something together in the final stages?

Christ, is this another Cyberpunk 2077/Mass Effect Andromeda situation? "Working" on a game for years before cobbling something together in the final stages?

I’m going to be positive because I liked the short teaser and their focus. Same with Stalker’s Russian dialogue and mostly non-combat focus if they release a sci-fi and Tarkovsky rip off both filled with vibes I will be very happy.