General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

On 20/03/2021 at 18:29, Miguel Sanchez said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever seen someone talk about Driver without complaining about the opening mission. It's not that hard.

I agree, I do also agree it's not the bog standard tutorial though. It's to get you to a semi decent standard for the game.

1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

How is the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster?

I'd probably prefer to play the original, but its not on Steam. Would I be missing out on much playign the remaster instead?

I don't think there's anything in the original that isn't in the remaster. You can even choose whether you want the original OST or the remastered one.

When I played Final Fantasy XIII (I rented it initially - I had decided to rent God of War III but they didn't have it so I ended up with that, I'd never rented a game before in my life but I decided I was doing it here) I ended up with the idea that I'd play all the Final Fantasys before that. Spent about forty quid on 1 through 9 when they were on sale once. I think the first four or five are on the PSP which doesn't work anymore. Think I made it about a third of the way into the first one. 

33 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

When I played Final Fantasy XIII (I rented it initially - I had decided to rent God of War III but they didn't have it so I ended up with that, I'd never rented a game before in my life but I decided I was doing it here) I ended up with the idea that I'd play all the Final Fantasys before that. Spent about forty quid on 1 through 9 when they were on sale once. I think the first four or five are on the PSP which doesn't work anymore. Think I made it about a third of the way into the first one. 

I made the same decision but last year and because I'd owned loads of them for years on varying consoles and despite that had only ever rolled credits on X and the VII Remake. So far since I've managed to roll credits on IX, XIII, XIII-2 and XV. Reckon I'll probably get through the rest of them by the end of the year.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I made the same decision but last year and because I'd owned loads of them for years on varying consoles and despite that had only ever rolled credits on X and the VII Remake. So far since I've managed to roll credits on IX, XIII, XIII-2 and XV. Reckon I'll probably get through the rest of them by the end of the year.

Yeah but you seem to like this kind of thing

26 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Watch Dogs Legion is free to play on all formats this weekend.

I'd recommend picking it up to have a fun weekend with it.  They tried something new with the "recruit everyone" gimmick, and it was quite enjoyable.  Ultimately a gimmick though, and it doesn't hold up to the number of hours you're required to put in to finish such a game these days. Also pick it up if you're a fan of faithfully created real-world locations.  London looks brilliant in it, great to stand in spots in game that you've stood in the real world and have them look exactly the same.

I'd recommend picking it up to have a fun weekend with it.  They tried something new with the "recruit everyone" gimmick, and it was quite enjoyable.  Ultimately a gimmick though, and it doesn't hold up to the number of hours you're required to put in to finish such a game these days. Also pick it up if you're a fan of faithfully created real-world locations.  London looks brilliant in it, great to stand in spots in game that you've stood in the real world and have them look exactly the same.
I will definitely have a go. I've pre installed it. I enjoyed the first and second ones enough and would have probably bought this at some point.

Depends on what you're playing
If it's competitive against other people, always prioritise frame rate
If not, do what you want
Borderlands 3 on series x. Got a new TV and the console and wanting best experience on a new play through.
Settled for 60fps at 4k with hdr turned on.
Beautiful.
I recall xiii on the game cube being nice for the style but this is something else

In their continuing spree of buying all the things GAMING Microsoft are in exclusive talks with Discord over purchasing the company for $10 billion. Epic & Amazon are reported to have spoken to Discord in the past.

Would be Microsoft's second biggest acquisition only bested by it's $26 billion purchase of everyone's favourite vapid bullshit business speak platform Linkedin.

1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

I'm about 7 hours into Final Fantasy X. 6 hours of that feel like they have been cutscenes. Have to say I'm disappointed so far. Even when there is gameplay, it's extremely linear. Feels like an interactive movie not a game so far.

The linearity never really disappears (although that's something that doesn't really bother me tbh) but it feels like the game gets going after Luca in my experiences.