General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Any recommendations for a decent linear (non RPG) title? I have Ghost of Tsushina on the list but I want a wee break from OW the now.

Dunno what it says (either about me or gaming in general) that I can’t think of a game that doesn’t have RPG elements these days.

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Any recommendations for a decent linear (non RPG) title? I have Ghost of Tsushina on the list but I want a wee break from OW the now.

Jedi Fallen Order was good fun if you're in to that but I'd imagine if you are you'd have got round to it already. 

Yahtzee Croshaw made an entertaining video about Ark years ago.
Stick with it, there's a couple of good belly laughs in there.

I haven't watched yahtzee in ages. Loved his stuff. Just fully going mental at little bits of games.
Used to watch a bit of the angry video game nerd and at the moment it's whatculture gaming (jules stuff mainly as he's quite funny)

Jedi Fallen Order was good fun if you're in to that but I'd imagine if you are you'd have got round to it already. 
Will add it to the list. As I rent I don't care about trying titles I wouldn't ordinarily purchase.

I just wish I could get into RPG but I'm one for overthinking decisions/wanting to know if I choose another option so they drive me mad [emoji38]

I always whack the brightness right up til I can see that logo clear as day. Hate any game that makes you go into caves where you cant see anything and get lost. 
I do that as well but as you can see in the photos, the blackness is the exact same 0 - 100. Not even as much as a glimpse of a logo [emoji38]

On 14/02/2021 at 15:18, eindhovendee said:

In case you didn't already feel old, Lemmings is 30 today.

220px-Lemmings-BoxScan.jpg.cd12c165643ca56431fdd9facdac1631.jpg

Well I just posted I'd never been able to find this on android, but having read the thread and just looked it seems it does exist. Not sure what I'd been taking that made me think I'd tried to find it. 

Are any of the versions out there any good? 

There used to be a port for Windows that fitted on a single floppy disk (yes, Lemmings is so old that it had to be ported to Windows). However, it's now so old that it doesn't work on modern versions of Windows, as it no longer supports 16-bit applications  :(

Considering I'd likely never even play it, and it's easy enough to get hold of an emulated copy, I'm curiously outraged at not being able to buy a Windows native copy of Lemmings (and Lemmings 2) on GOG for two bob or whatever.

Has anyone played Stranded Deep? Got this on PS Now yesterday and finding it frustratingly good. Haven't found my feet yet and can't get past Day 1 yet [emoji38] Like the idea of it but will need to start figuring out how to be good at it soon!

I played Stranded Deep in the summer, I really enjoyed it. It is difficult to start with but you gradually get used to what is required. The only thing I find really frustrating is the lack of a map, I tried drawing one myself but I'm no cartographer.
Had a slight rage quit there with it due to a massive glitch. I was getting the hang of it and had got to an Island I wanted to get off of ASAP. Got what I needed and got on my dinghy. A hammerhead shark bumped me off it and the system glitched. I eventually surfaced but was back on the original Island with no dinghy. Managed to scrape together enough wood to build myself a raft. Tried to save/sleep but it wouldn't let me and the raft I built just floated and again it wouldn't let me paddle. Raging. I'll try again tomorrow.

This game sounds interesting. 
I take it I can't get it cheap yet.
£9.59 on PS Store apparently. I signed up for the free week of PS Now (to play Little Nightmares originally) so am playing for free the now. It's keeping me interested though and if it continues I'll probably sign up for a month.

I played Stranded Deep in the summer, I really enjoyed it. It is difficult to start with but you gradually get used to what is required. The only thing I find really frustrating is the lack of a map, I tried drawing one myself but I'm no cartographer.
Agree with this. Particularly once you decide to settle somewhere and have to find your way back/what other islands you've explored.
This game sounds interesting. 
I take it I can't get it cheap yet.
At that price I can't recommend it enough. I'd have been chuffed paying that price already and I'm still finding my feet.

I'm absolutely gripped by this game right now. Have made it to Day 14 and am slowly starting to feel like I'm thriving as opposed to just living. In the middle of building a house and water and food are becoming less of a struggle (since discovering you need to put palm leaves under the still ffs). I won't lie, I made the wildlife passive rather than default. I don't mind them being a big threat but when you can't freeze time to craft it becomes really annoying being attacked by giant crabs every 2 minutes. Even without that constant threat the game is really challenging.

The mechanics aren't the greatest but I just really love that you are constantly doing something. That there are no tasks and you are in full control of what you do is great for me.

On 22/02/2021 at 21:38, BFTD said:

There used to be a port for Windows that fitted on a single floppy disk (yes, Lemmings is so old that it had to be ported to Windows). However, it's now so old that it doesn't work on modern versions of Windows, as it no longer supports 16-bit applications  :(

Considering I'd likely never even play it, and it's easy enough to get hold of an emulated copy, I'm curiously outraged at not being able to buy a Windows native copy of Lemmings (and Lemmings 2) on GOG for two bob or whatever.

I had Lemmings on floppy disk for an old PC that ran on Windows 95 (the best Windows incidentally). 

Loved it. Great game and the music was catchy as f**k!

There's some wee Lemmings statue type things in Dundee to commemorate the game (as it was made in Dundee).