General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Can anyone advise how long a refund from PSN normally takes?

PS Plus auto renewed for me on 02.01 as I’d forgotten to turn this off, but I’m not needing it just now and requested the refund. Received the below email. I’ve not used anything but wary of them not replying within the 2 weeks and refusing the refund, anyone any experience of this?

72BE660A-3D79-4319-8836-13C036EF9BB4.jpeg

Can anyone advise how long a refund from PSN normally takes?
PS Plus auto renewed for me on 02.01 as I’d forgotten to turn this off, but I’m not needing it just now and requested the refund. Received the below email. I’ve not used anything but wary of them not replying within the 2 weeks and refusing the refund, anyone any experience of this?

72BE660A-3D79-4319-8836-13C036EF9BB4.jpeg.734e2b77fe09c2ac8ac65862f34bac58.jpeg
My nephew purchased items off the PS Store a few years ago without his parents knowing at the time. When they found out, they contacted PS and were effectively told tough shit. Slightly different to yourself but don't be shocked if you get the same response.

PSN, Xbox etc are notorious for being like "tough shit, have better parental controls". People then come to their bank and there isn't much they can do either.

Card refunds can take up to 15 calendar days once they have been actioned, they usually are a lot quicker. That sounds like they have a massive queue. 

Cheers folks.

Not really the biggest issue if I keep it, just not really £50 I wanted to spend at this time. Especially when you can usually get it for £40 or so from CD keys and the likes!

fully expect a “tough shit, we’ll keep your money and still cancel PS Plus for you” so I’d need to buy it again at a later date anyway. I’ll give it the 2 weeks or so and see what happens. 

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

PSN, Xbox etc are notorious for being like "tough shit, have better parental controls". People then come to their bank and there isn't much they can do either.

Card refunds can take up to 15 calendar days once they have been actioned, they usually are a lot quicker. That sounds like they have a massive queue. 

Massive queue probably from all the cyberpunk refunds needing looked into and dealt with lol

Downloaded a game called Lonely Mountains: Downhill last week for something a bit different. Really enjoyable game and really well built IMO.  I've spent hours trying to nail certain sections of track. £14.99 off the PS store, been out since October 2019 and I think there is additional content available for a fiver too. 

Seen that, gonna be good or gonna be the gaming version of Crystal skull, surprised there hasnt been an indy game in recent years other than the lego ones
I recall playing the spectrum one. But didn't see any others other the lego one. Given uncharted and tomb raider games I am also surprised noone took a chance on the franchise.

There have been quite a few Indiana Jones games. Off the top of my head:

• Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari 2600, which looks as shit as anything on the 2600, but was apparently particularly bad.
  • Temple of Doom got a pretty fun quasi-platformer in the arcades, which got converted to just about everything in the mid-Eighties.
  • Last Crusade got an action platformer on the home computers, which was pretty poor, and an adventure that's considered a classic, launching Lucasarts' reputation as kings of the genre. They followed it up with a new Indy adventure, Fate of Atlantis, which is still sometimes called the best adventure game of all time.
  • There were a couple of attempts to rip off (re-rip off?) Tomb Raider in the early Aughts - Emperor's Tomb, and...something else, I forget. Apparently pretty mediocre, and considered poor in comparison to Lara Croft's outings.

I'd imagine there haven't been any lately because the last few weren't big successes, the Crystal Skull film was shit, and the rights are probably quite expensive. Plus, what would you really do with a modern Indiana Jones game? Guess we'll find out.

I think we can all agree that nobody wants to see the grimdark Henry Jones, Jr origin story, possibly involving childhood neglect and a kinda-sorta close encounter with rape.

Speaking of which, we should be safe from anything to do with Indy's first encounter with Marion Ravenwood  :shutup

On 07/01/2021 at 15:01, Acon said:

Cheers folks.

Not really the biggest issue if I keep it, just not really £50 I wanted to spend at this time. Especially when you can usually get it for £40 or so from CD keys and the likes!

fully expect a “tough shit, we’ll keep your money and still cancel PS Plus for you” so I’d need to buy it again at a later date anyway. I’ll give it the 2 weeks or so and see what happens. 

Pleasantly surprised to receive this email today...

9D0DAD92-9541-45EF-A5A1-32D22193925A.jpeg

Still got their chance to be arsey about it, but hope to see the refunded dosh in the next few days 👍🏼

Edited by Acon

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Star Wars RPG from Ubisoft has been announced. Probably years away from it but that'll be a belter. 

I want this.

Got Fallen Order the other day. Will give that a blast soon.

Edited by Busta Nut

49 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I want this.

Got Fallen Order the other day. Will give that a blast soon.

I loved Fallen Order, great wee game, surprisingly difficult if you're doing it on the harder setting.

39 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I wonder how many people will be sexually abused during its creation

No problem; Yves Guillemot has that in hand. Nothing happened, and even if it did, it's all sorted out now.

It's fine. It's all fine.

Fine.

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

*grabs Bethesda and repeatedly smacks head off desk*

ELDER SCROLLS 6. ONLY ELDER SCROLLS 6. 6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.6.

There's going to be hell to pay when they announce that, "due to popular demand", The Elder Scrolls 6 is...a next-gen expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online!

Still, it'll be fun to play Skyrim again with that raytracing mod, huh? Good times.