General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

What's the deal with PS5 can I play my PS4 games on it, I'm guessing only ones I've got the disc for or can I transfer over my digital copies? 

Pretty sure you can play digital and physical games on it. Think there is a handful of titles (fairly obscure ones) that won't play on the PS5 tho.

On 11/12/2020 at 15:36, Miguel Sanchez said:

Has anyone ever ordered anything online from Game and had a problem with it? Their complaints system is awful.

Yes my PS5 was bundled with the headphones. No headphones in box when delivered. 

They seem to make it as hard as possible to get in touch, it's like you are sending stuff into a black hole.

Several weeks of chasing up looks like they will be sending some out but if I don't get some indication that it is on its way over the next day or two I will need to chase them again. 

Won't use them again.

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Yes my PS5 was bundled with the headphones. No headphones in box when delivered. 

They seem to make it as hard as possible to get in touch, it's like you are sending stuff into a black hole.

Several weeks of chasing up looks like they will be sending some out but if I don't get some indication that it is on its way over the next day or two I will need to chase them again. 

Won't use them again.

Got a reply to my emails today! A week later. Can only agree that it seems to be this difficult on purpose, it surely takes an effort to have a system this bad.

Quick question regarding the new Call Of Duty. 

Are all editions cross generation? I've seen some that are a cross gen bundle that seem to be about £10 more than the standard edition. 

If I buy the standard edition, could I play mates on other consoles? 

35 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Quick question regarding the new Call Of Duty. 

Are all editions cross generation? I've seen some that are a cross gen bundle that seem to be about £10 more than the standard edition. 

If I buy the standard edition, could I play mates on other consoles? 

I think that's about upgrading your edition to the next generation. So Xbone to Series X or PS4 to 5. Crossplay is across everything.

On 15/12/2020 at 16:34, Have some faith in Magic said:

Won't use them again.

On 15/12/2020 at 16:37, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got a reply to my emails today! A week later. Can only agree that it seems to be this difficult on purpose, it surely takes an effort to have a system this bad.

An update! I have an address to send it to and I have to include a cover letter stating whether I want a refund or a replacement. All sounds good, but I can't wait to see how they deal with reimbursing me for the postage.

Been trying to source a ps2 to play old games, but eBay have locked me out of my account. When I try to get access to the account they give me a number to phone, but which then doesn’t accept incoming calls. 
There's quite often some on the local Facebook sales and wants pages down here. Or, you'll be able to get one online from cex

On 18/12/2020 at 17:01, Miguel Sanchez said:

An update! I have an address to send it to and I have to include a cover letter stating whether I want a refund or a replacement. All sounds good, but I can't wait to see how they deal with reimbursing me for the postage.

I am now awaiting refund or replacement, doesn't look like they have any stock available so waiting for a refund. I am not sure how long they will wait before processing....

Have started playing Valhalla, but not particularly enjoying it. Haven't played Assassins Creed in a few years, but seems to be much the same as past editions. I'll keep going, only put a few hours into it, but may have a copy for the Xbox available if somebody did want it. 

I did play a ridiculous amount of COD this weekend, and stupidly thought I was getting quite good. Tonight I played a friend who plays it on the PC. It was like he was playing another game. He says it's far easier on the PC, but even still, it was pretty impressive. 

10 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Have started playing Valhalla, but not particularly enjoying it. Haven't played Assassins Creed in a few years, but seems to be much the same as past editions. I'll keep going, only put a few hours into it, but may have a copy for the Xbox available if somebody did want it. 

I did play a ridiculous amount of COD this weekend, and stupidly thought I was getting quite good. Tonight I played a friend who plays it on the PC. It was like he was playing another game. He says it's far easier on the PC, but even still, it was pretty impressive. 

is "warzone" cross platform?

The amount of folk who I think must be cheating is unreal. 

19 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am now awaiting refund or replacement, doesn't look like they have any stock available so waiting for a refund. I am not sure how long they will wait before processing....

Posted it off yesterday and I'm going to send another email confirming I sent it. I get the feeling I may as well have dropped it into a portal to another dimension.

Set up my PS5 today. Loved Astro's Playroom. I love the new controller so much. 

Was stunned when checking the new PS Plus Hub you get access to loads of PS4 games for free like Days Gone and Drake 4 and some other top games I never got round to playing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 20:21, die hard doonhamer said:

I've ordered RDR2 and Witcher 3, will see how I get on with them. Cheers for the suggestions folks.

I haven't touched Witcher yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying RDR2. Find myself easily losing 2 or 3 hours of an evening in it, which I haven't done with a game for a good while.

I haven't touched Witcher yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying RDR2. Find myself easily losing 2 or 3 hours of an evening in it, which I haven't done with a game for a good while.
I used to go on RDR with a task in mind (normally hunting for an animal for 100% or the hat list) and get distracted. 2 hours later I'd be thinking about wtf I'd spent the last 2 hours doing. I don't think I've ever 'got' a game as much as Read Dead 2.