General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

3 minutes ago, spud131 said:
10 hours ago, Boostin said:
Argos Black Friday sale got Spiderman, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn to collect tomorrow for £28. 

Good haul of games for £28, God of War is fantastic.

Decided I won't get PS5/4K TV until Spring probably so will catch up on some games I've seen mentioned a lot before then.

Witcher 2 and outer worlds are reduced on xbox at the moment, anyone played them and think it will be a good way to spend money and pass time??
Witcher 2 is a great story and a must if you want to truly enjoy the third. Takes a while to get used to the controls though, stick at it.

Here's a question: how much are you willing to drop on a game when you're not sure if you'll like it, or you don't know much about it?
I used to think 15 quid if the setting appealed to me, but I'm much tighter now, I would probably only spend a fiver now. I blame steam/gog bloat and lack of QC.
This is where Twitch is great. If I'm unsure I'll watch a bit on there to decide if I fancy it or not. Though that was when I could play games all the time. I don't get as much time now which is why I rent games instead. Far cheaper in the long run and it's not a gamble if I take a game I don't like.

I got bored with outer worlds. It's not as open world as it seems. It's already free on game pass
Unfortunately due to my xbone being used as an entertainment centre in addition to games, I get limited time to play it, so I have not got live or gamepass or I would.
Witcher 2 is a great story and a must if you want to truly enjoy the third. Takes a while to get used to the controls though, stick at it.
I played the two worlds games (and enjoyed them) so weird controls and odd content isn't a problem for me.

Ended up getting both and will try and get peace to play over next few days

Looking for a recommendation. I don't game much, but fancy a new game to get in to. I have a PS4, and haven't really got in to any games properly since GTA V. Looking for a decent story to get in to, no interest in online play. What should I be looking at?
If it's story based then I'm obviously going to recommend The Last of Us. If you have time to get totally emersed in a game then it would have to be RDR.

I'm sure there are lots of RPG games with great stories but they aren't my forte so I'll let someone else suggest from that category.

41 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Looking for a recommendation. I don't game much, but fancy a new game to get in to. I have a PS4, and haven't really got in to any games properly since GTA V. Looking for a decent story to get in to, no interest in online play. What should I be looking at?

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

If it's story based then I'm obviously going to recommend The Last of Us. If you have time to get totally emersed in a game then it would have to be RDR.

I'm sure there are lots of RPG games with great stories but they aren't my forte so I'll let someone else suggest from that category.

I suggest you ignore his first suggestion and just jump straight to RDR2.

I suggest you ignore his first suggestion and just jump straight to RDR2.
I would recommend RDR first as well but if you really want to get into the game you need a lot of free time. TLOU is a good story based game but about 80 hours shorter [emoji38]

14 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Here's a question: how much are you willing to drop on a game when you're not sure if you'll like it, or you don't know much about it?

I used to think 15 quid if the setting appealed to me, but I'm much tighter now, I would probably only spend a fiver now. I blame steam/gog bloat and lack of QC.

I simply buy games I want to play.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would recommend RDR first as well but if you really want to get into the game you need a lot of free time. TLOU is a good story based game but about 80 hours shorter emoji38.png

I had RDR at one point but never managed to get in to it. Felt like I spent loads of time doing nothing but travelling. Is RDR2 better in that regard?

I had RDR at one point but never managed to get in to it. Felt like I spent loads of time doing nothing but travelling. Is RDR2 better in that regard?
Big time. If RDR2 sucks you in it's just incredible. It's like you're part of the world rather than playing a game. The snow part at the beginning is a drag but once it gets going it's brilliant.

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

No. 

I don't know if you want to buy physical or digital but Game currently have more things on sale I'd recommend than Amazon. The Bayonetta/Vanquish collection is £15 on Game which is a good price for two games that are engaging and challenging. You can also get the Arkane Collection for 17.99 which is the three Dishonoreds and Prey. I was ambivalent about Dishonored but lots of other people seemed to like it, and it's certainly a technically impressive game. There's an assortment of PlayStation Hits games on sale there too for 7.99 each, Horizon, God of War, all the generic big name popular things from the PS4. 

Do not buy a Ubisoft sandbox.