General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

5 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

They'll have thought carefully about that one and decided there's enough people happy to pay the extra for the convenience/immediacy of downloading online to make it more profitable.

*waves*

I don't buy games that often, but I've probably not bought an actual physical copy in years.  I'll happily pay extra for the convenience of being able to essentially buy instantly (I know you'll have the download time, but even day 1 physical releases need you to download updates now) and not have to switch disks around.  Managed to pick up quite a few good ones in their sales too, even if they are mostly populated by utter guff.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

That said, neither store is anywhere near as bad as Nintendo’s and both are far better for playing older titles.

Was going to say, you think PSN is bad, Nintendo are fuckng ludicrous.  It's interesting to see how being a well-thought-of company lets you get away with so much.  

Was going to say, you think PSN is bad, Nintendo are fuckng ludicrous.  It's interesting to see how being a well-thought-of company lets you get away with so much.  

Between their first party titles saying at 50+ quid, selling digital titles for a limited time, and their back catalogue being ludicrously expensive even at second hand I really can’t be gassed. I was looking at a copy of Pokemon Black 2 (hardly the most sought after title) and its 55 quid in CEX.

My PSN thing is due up at the end of november. 
and decent deals on them?
£42.99 on CD Keys the now. I got mine for £35 the last time but can't remember where now! I haven't renewed mine this year so far.

They've finally updated the PlayStation app (def for android, not sure about ios) and its a million times better. Actually has some useful functionality and you can browse the Psn store and download games from your library to your console from it!

• 2 weeks later...

Codemasters have spent the past few years buying up lots of racing licenses and studios, ultimately putting out increasingly similar and generic games. Last week's Dirt 5 being the most recent example:

I don't think this is going to help things any.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

I loved (this might have been LMA 2 rather than 1, correct me if I'm wrong) how the stadium profiles on the info screen were realistic e.g. Raith had their weird main stand etc. 
Aye it was not bad actually. Pretty sure Raith and Dundee's were almost identical.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

you are like little baby

Codemasters games were all shit back in the day. They were just absolutely brilliant at publicity.

Which isn't to say that they aren't shit now too; I just haven't played one since 1990.

Codemasters games were all shit back in the day. They were just absolutely brilliant at publicity.
Which isn't to say that they aren't shit now too; I just haven't played one since 1990.
Wash yourself mouth out. Some of the early codemasters games were great

Did they not kicked off the 99p/£1.99 games?

42 minutes ago, GiGi said:

That looks worse than the original Dirt games. I played the first 2, and like GRID, the career mode just becomes more of a waste of time with every game.

Dirt Rally 2.0 is a good rally game, even if half of the content from DR1 was held off as DLC. There's loads of content and it's great to drive. And as far as the Dirt lineage goes, the original Colin McRae Rally was also a very good rally game. I still have my copy:

Grid got rebooted last year and was effectively met with a giant meh. It was dull and just sort of... there.

Project Cars 3 released this year after Codies bought Slightly Mad Studios - who produced PCars 1 and 2, plus the Need for Speed: Shift games on the previous generation of consoles. PCars were both serious simulators and both very good at it despite their various bugs. PCars 3 is a broken, ugly mess of an arcade game which looks and plays like a worse version of the Grid reboot.