General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

With hindsight, the best thing about owning an Atari ST was the seethe from Amiga owners, who blamed the ST for virtually all of the shite games on their machine  [emoji14]
I see there's still a bit of that going on with my fellow golden-haired Aryan PC brethren, who blame the dirty console mudbloods whenever the latest all-format extravaganza doesn't make their bleeding-edge graphics card cry. Bless.
You owned an ST?
Still got a "chipped" Dreamcast in storage somewhere.
I'd be happy to take it off your hands ;)

24 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

I remember getting pit fighter in what everyone wants with my pocket money one day , waste of a fiver

Ooft. Aye, I ended up with that one for about the same price. IIRC, the Megadrive version was OK, but the SNES conversion was an abomination.

Pit-Fighter generally gets a bad rap, but I went on an entertaining school trip where we all spent most of our cash on some cafe's arcade cab. Hours spent desperately thrashing the shite out of each other's dodgy digitised avatars  :thumsup2

Ooft. Aye, I ended up with that one for about the same price. IIRC, the Megadrive version was OK, but the SNES conversion was an abomination.
Pit-Fighter generally gets a bad rap, but I went on an entertaining school trip where we all spent most of our cash on some cafe's arcade cab. Hours spent desperately thrashing the shite out of each other's dodgy digitised avatars  :thumsup2
We did both Sega and Nintendo. I had one set my brother had the other (though opposite handhelds)
Never saw it for mega drive, it was awful on snes. Which was weird for the time.
I remember getting killer instinct and then being blow away by arcade.
Same with worms and ps1 version

I never had a fully chipped PS1. I had some kind of weird system where you started a game with the tray open and it tricked the system into it being the real game. Great times.
Think that was called swap magic or something along those lines, have a homebrew original xbox aswell which I believe can be turned into a decent emulator machine.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Mr X said:
I'd be happy to take it off your hands default_wink.png

You wish, I want to go back when I'm 40 and play Sonic and Crazy Taxi.

Im already 40, so give it to me now and I'll give you it back when you get there ;) 

One of my biggest regrets, certainly in gaming, was getting rid of all my old consoles :( 

ETA - seeing as you didnt mention Shenmue, you dont deserve it. You wont be getting it back

Edited by Mr X

I've got a collection featuring many of the consoles mentioned lately. They've never been used for anything other than testing games before sale.

I mention this purely because of how sad realising this has made me. When did I get so old and boring? I used to be young and...boring  :mellow:

On 18/07/2020 at 14:44, Empty It said:

Just noticed Capcom had a sale on xbox, picked up Resident Evil 0 remastered for £4, never played before but looks like the classic layout rather than when they changed it to more of a shooter which is a bonus.

It is, and it's pretty decent, though some heavy edgelord vibes in places.

Still, pretty enjoyable.

On 18/07/2020 at 14:48, Ludo*1 said:

The item management is an absolute chore in that game. No boxes.

Ugh, this! I had one room where I left most of the shit. Basically a room was a box.