General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

One for PS4 owners. Xbox may get them as well. Does anyone ever get PM that start with some weird philosophical message and end up (if you respond) with a link to some sex chat website? Kind of freaks me out a bit that they actually respond and it isn't generic ones.

I have an Xbox and PS4 and get them all the time on the latter but never on the former.

Anyone played via Stadia yet? I kept seeing ads on YouTube videos for it, so just signed up to their free two-month trial of Stadia Pro, meaning I can play some games for free. Going to give the Stadia-exclusive GYLT a bash this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Anyone played via Stadia yet? I kept seeing ads on YouTube videos for it, so just signed up to their free two-month trial of Stadia Pro, meaning I can play some games for free. Going to give the Stadia-exclusive GYLT a bash this afternoon.

I didnt know they'd open it up with general free trials. Just signed up, but the list of free games is pretty dissappointing.

Theres a thread on game streaming already

15 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Holy crap look at unreal engine 5

Thank Christ the wean only bothers with Roblox these days. I shudder to think what the specs to run that on PC will be.

Still, good to see the kind of thing I'll be able to play in ten years' time.

NBA 2K20 is on the Playstation Store for £4 reduced from £49.99. Not really a huge interest in basketball, but I've bought it anyway just cause it's so cheap. Hopefully the Story Mode will be a good laugh.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

NBA 2K20 is on the Playstation Store for £4 reduced from £49.99. Not really a huge interest in basketball, but I've bought it anyway just cause it's so cheap. Hopefully the Story Mode will be a good laugh.

Got a previous one free with PS plus and there was no tutorial, had no idea what I was doing. Does this have one? 

Got a previous one free with PS plus and there was no tutorial, had no idea what I was doing. Does this have one? 

I haven’t started playing yet, but apparently if you go on to “play now” and select 2KU (as in University) that’s all the tutorial / practice sections there.

I’m going to finish RDR2 before I play that. Think it’s the best game I’ve ever played, to the point I’m not even wanting to play the main story just so I can make it last longer.

I haven’t started playing yet, but apparently if you go on to “play now” and select 2KU (as in University) that’s all the tutorial / practice sections there.

I’m going to finish RDR2 before I play that. Think it’s the best game I’ve ever played, to the point I’m not even wanting to play the main story just so I can make it last longer.
I've done that. I bought the guide book and am making my way through the side tasks/collectables. I rarely do that with a game but like you I don't want it to end.

Guide book? You have heard of this new thing the kids call the internet?
That's a ball ache though. With the guide I just cross off when I've found things in that area eg. Bones, treasure, cigarette cards. Think it'd be a lot more complicated to do that with a website.

Not sure if there's enough interest to justify a full thread but Sony have released 18 minutes of gameplay footage from Ghost of Tsushima which is coming out in July.

Looks like a mix of RDR2 (samurai style) and Assassins Creed with abit of old school Tenchu thrown in.

The visuals and atmosphere look spot on as well. Fingers crossed it reviews well.

That's a ball ache though. With the guide I just cross off when I've found things in that area eg. Bones, treasure, cigarette cards. Think it'd be a lot more complicated to do that with a website.
Probably easier to just dress as a cowboy and run round the garden TBH ;) [emoji14]

In other news, there's a companion app that links to your game and let's you browse the map, journal etc on your phone while playing.

Why am I 50% through the game before I found this out?

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
14 hours ago, Mr X said:
Guide book? You have heard of this new thing the kids call the internet?

People tend to post lists of collectibles online for folk to print out and check off. I keep finding my old Skyrim checklist that I'll likely never go back to. Bit cheaper than the player's guide things they sell in Game and such. I know some folk like them for looking at the pictures too, for some reason.

I still remember when they made adventure games ludicrously hard (combine chicken with combine harvester and insert into disgruntled elf to proceed. Oh, and if you didn't pick up the combine harvester on the first screen, you can't complete the game. Sorry, start again) so people would have to shell out for a hint book bought directly from the publisher. Early example of the DLC/microtransaction mindset, there.

Probably easier to just dress as a cowboy and run round the garden TBH default_wink.png [emoji14]

In other news, there's a companion app that links to your game and let's you browse the map, journal etc on your phone while playing.

Why am I 50% through the game before I found this out?
Make sure your phone is compatible. Mine wasn't :( Apparently it's good if bounty hunters are after you as you see them from a distance.
People tend to post lists of collectibles online for folk to print out and check off. I keep finding my old Skyrim checklist that I'll likely never go back to. Bit cheaper than the player's guide things they sell in Game and such. I know some folk like them for looking at the pictures too, for some reason.
I still remember when they made adventure games ludicrously hard (combine chicken with combine harvester and insert into disgruntled elf to proceed. Oh, and if you didn't pick up the combine harvester on the first screen, you can't complete the game. Sorry, start again) so people would have to shell out for a hint book bought directly from the publisher. Early example of the DLC/microtransaction mindset, there.
I don't have a printer. I'm not a guide book kind of person tbh but after getting about 5 hours in I knew it'd be worth it for this game. I do use the net to get a more specific location though.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Make sure your phone is compatible. Mine wasn't :( Apparently it's good if bounty hunters are after you as you see them from a distance. I don't have a printer. I'm not a guide book kind of person tbh but after getting about 5 hours in I knew it'd be worth it for this game. I do use the net to get a more specific location though.

The phone is compatible but the app is a little disappointing.  It works well enough but other than the map, its not all that useful and Ive got into the habit of using the on-screen map so much the app doesnt really add much.

On 14/05/2020 at 10:26, J_Stewart said:

that still £4?

Thank Christ the wean only bothers with Roblox these days. I shudder to think what the specs to run that on PC will be.
Still, good to see the kind of thing I'll be able to play in ten years' time.
Apparently it's able to run on the switch. Just not as pretty.
It will run on all current gen and even mobiles. Just scaled to system ability