General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Need some advice here as Santa will be getting the bairn a console for her Christmas.
Should he opt for the XBox One route or the PS4 route or does it matter not a fucking jot?

PS4 if they don’t want to be bullied.

Need some advice here as Santa will be getting the bairn a console for her Christmas.
Should he opt for the XBox One route or the PS4 route or does it matter not a fucking jot?
There really isn't much difference in quality now. Best thing, if possible, is to find out what console his pals have as he'll likely play online with them at some point. Both consoles have pretty much the same range of games as well.

If it doesn't matter about what console his pals have then go for whatever is the cheapest/best deal for you.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

There really isn't much difference in quality now. Best thing, if possible, is to find out what console his pals have as he'll likely play online with them at some point. Both consoles have pretty much the same range of games as well.

If it doesn't matter about what console his pals have then go for whatever is the cheapest/best deal for you.

Some of her pals have Xboxes I believe so veering towards that route.

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Whatever one is best for the games Santa wants to play. The bairn will have to lump it and be grateful.

On 18/10/2019 at 15:50, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Xbox have beefed up their Game Pass which gives you over 100 games that you can download for like a fiver a month. I think it's a tenner with the Xbox Live access which would let them play with their pals.

36 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Xbox have beefed up their Game Pass which gives you over 100 games that you can download for like a fiver a month. I think it's a tenner with the Xbox Live access which would let them play with their pals.

Sounds good for me, erm her.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Any positives for a Nintendo Switch?

Portable, loads of stuff geared towards kids and I just want to emphasise again it's portable. Nintendo's own games can be pricy though and rarely go on sale.

It just comes down to which machine has the games you're most interested in, surely. If you're into all that Mario and Zelda stuff, the Switch is the only way to go. Otherwise, I hear the PS4 is better than the Xbox One for a wider choice of exclusive titles, is that correct?

Ger her a 48k Speccy, Mozza, and tell her to be grateful Santa didn't drop off a Dragon 32.

22 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Any positives for a Nintendo Switch?

If you value portability in any way, then I'd really recommend the Switch.  If that doesn't matter to you, then I'd stay away from it.  You can likely get better games on PS4/XBox, but being able to take it anywhere really give the Switch the edge if you like the games you can get from it.  

In a roundabout way I feel you get games cheaper on the Xbone or PS4 but the portability of the Switch and the Nintendo main titles are impossible to oversell. The PS4 has more exclusives worth getting the Xbox is really user friendly and as I've already said the Game Pass is tremendous value especially with it adding titles like Gears 5 and Outer Worlds on launch day!

What about the All Digital XBox?  I suppose still having an optical drive means I can shop for in CEX and the likes
The all digital one doesn't have a disc drive as far as I know.

Game pass is decent with a lot of good games on it.