General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

• 2 weeks later...

Been waiting ages for a dccent snooker game to come out. Used to play WSC Real 09 and, even though it was ridiculously easy and you could only play as yourself against about four different players, it was a great game to speed through while listening to podcasts. 

So took a punt on Snooker 19. It looks great and has every aspect of the game today with all ranking tournaments included and 128 players. But the game play goes at an absolute snail's pace and the tutorial's basically just Mark Selby taking three different shots.

No real way of practicing except in an actual match either. I went Ronnie O'Sullivan against some sub 100 jobber just to get used to it and it took me a full five minutes to make a 30 break. 

Things required:

- An option to speed through opponent's time at the table. 

- A bird's eye view of the table. 

- More indication of where the cue ball will finish, at least tt as an option for beginners. 

- A practice table

And then I'd have a game I could play for about 12 hours straight. It must be very difficult to make a good snooker game and this is certainly a decent effort, but as it stands just feels unfinished. 

Been waiting ages for a dccent snooker game to come out. Used to play WSC Real 09 and, even though it was ridiculously easy and you could only play as yourself against about four different players, it was a great game to speed through while listening to podcasts. 
So took a punt on Snooker 19. It looks great and has every aspect of the game today with all ranking tournaments included and 128 players. But the game play goes at an absolute snail's pace and the tutorial's basically just Mark Selby taking three different shots.
No real way of practicing except in an actual match either. I went Ronnie O'Sullivan against some sub 100 jobber just to get used to it and it took me a full five minutes to make a 30 break. 
Things required:
- An option to speed through opponent's time at the table. 
- A bird's eye view of the table. 
- More indication of where the cue ball will finish, at least tt as an option for beginners. 
- A practice table
And then I'd have a game I could play for about 12 hours straight. It must be very difficult to make a good snooker game and this is certainly a decent effort, but as it stands just feels unfinished. 

The older snooker games had all those things, cant believe they have taken them out. Was gonna buy that game as well but might just get an older ps3 version instead.

Got Katana Zero the other day - very enjoyable so far. Think I'm likely going to Google the plot when I'm done because it's pretty, ah, wild, can't make much sense of it.

Would recommend it, reasonably low price for a game that's got some neat gimmicks, interesting characters, a plot that (from what little my poor brain can piece together) while mental is strangely engaging, and a very well curated soundtrack. Really like the graphical art direction too.

I need a game I can waste hours on.

I mean f**k about and not really do anything on too
Read Dead Redemption 2. Failing that, getting a helicopter and sniping people from the top of buildings is something I could easily do for hours on end.

I have finished RDR2 and I did waste hours on it but I have got into the habit of fucking about on Minecraft and wasting time like that. I also have that ARK game for the ps4 but it's fucking hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing through Celeste.

Jesus, you need to pick something like this up every now and then to remind you exactly why you love gaming. Don't let the old 8 bit home PC graphics fool you. It's an absolutely fantastic experience, solid gameplay mechanics, challenging and a wonderful wee story to tell.

What a work of genius it is.

I'm currently trying to finish off Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, and was reading something on Wikipedia which led me to discover that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is out very soon (21 June). I didn't know they were remaking CTR, I've heard absolutely nothing about it. 

Yup not sure ... went back to this.. still stuck  
Ignore. 10 year old just helped me :-(
Was it the turn the lights out guy??

I'm currently trying to finish off Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, and was reading something on Wikipedia which led me to discover that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is out very soon (21 June). I didn't know they were remaking CTR, I've heard absolutely nothing about it. 

Quite surprised that you haven’t been aware of the CTR remake. I’ve stopped looking at all the trailers and gameplay because I feel I have ruined the experience by seeing so much already. I have never been more hyped for a game in my life though so really looking forward to a remake of the best game of all time. Although out in France just now watching the women’s World Cup so if the qualify for the R16 I won’t get it to play it on release.

On 6/14/2019 at 21:14, 19QOS19 said:

I've just bought Outlast 2 (Switch this time) and this made me chuckle at the beginning.

IMG_20190614_211311454.jpg

Highly recommend both Outlast games, particularly on Switch.  Played them on PS4 and could appreciate them, but never really gave them much time.  On Switch if you're playing in handheld, everything's much closer, and you're on headphones, and it's all just lovely.

CTR out tomorrow. Thoroughly looking forward to getting baw deep in it tomorrow evening with a couple of cans.