General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

The Last of Us looks like an amazing game. I'm like you, don't play often, get the Cod/FIFA's most years but I'll always get the odd game I'll like. Buzzing for Red Dead and still play GTA 5. But TLOU looks superb, watched a walk through on YouTube the story was that gripping. There's also a second one coming out.

I'm looking to get back into gaming too, looking for a wee something to play before my RDR2 comes. Used to play non stop when I was in my teens but when you get to late teens/early twenties you find yourself out all the time. Mid twenties now and slowly getting boring so want to get back into it.

I'm Xbox One so thinking Fallout or something. Would've played Detroit become human and Spider-Man but they seem to only be for PS4 unfortunately
This sounds very much like me.

I'm a stickler for, if I like a game, I'll keep playing it.
I still play Rory McIlroy golf regularly ffs.
GTA V I got when it came out and play the odd time but I've got to the stage in life now that some nights when the Mrs is back shift and the weans are sleeping I've maybe got an hour or 2 to kill and I fucking hate watching shite on tele for the sake of it so I'm giving it a go.
I watched Limmy streaming that Detroit game, but some of it looked absolute cactus, but I do like the fact that any decisions made have an impact on the game outcome, that's the kids d of thing Im looking for.
I used to have an Xbox and played COD MW2 most nights on the party chat with about 6 or 7 guys from my old work.
That Detroit: Become Human is down to £26 on PS store the now so I might get involved in that.

Didn't really know what thread to put this in...
So I've decided after a couple of years of it gathering dust, I'm going to try a bit if gaming on my ps4. Play the usual odd game of Fifa and the COD campaigns but after watching a few live streams of folk playing games I'm going to give it a go and immerse myself in something.
After a chat with my uncle and cousin who are massively into gaming, I've decided to start with the Original "Unchartered" game, I had like £2 odds left on my wallet on the PS store after the weans bought their "v bucks" on fortnite and the original game was only £6.49 on PS store so it really only cost me just over £4 for the game yesterday.
Played it for an hour last night, enjoyed it and looking forward to a few pints tonight and a wee go at it.
Might be a stupid question, but if I enjoy it and finish it, should I just work through the other games in the series, or is there any that people would recommend me trying? My wee cousin strongly recommended "The Last Of Us" saying it was the best story type game he's played. Quite liked the look of BloodBorne and possibly the Witcher 3, but don't want to just go balls deep into something like that if I'm not really ready for it and end up leaving the controller sitting for another 2 years.

I'd recommend playing all the Uncharted ones before you play the masterpiece that is the 4th and final installment. There are a few nods to the previous games in the final one so it's a nice touch if you've played the earlier ones. The first one is quite dated now but still enjoyable, the 2nd is a big improvement and still plays very well.

The Last of Us is another masterpiece that every PS4 owner should play. Red Dead Redemption 2 is out in 14 days (can you tell I can't wait?) and that will be a glorious game considering Rockstar are in charge. Give the Batman titles a go as well, another stunning franchise.

I'd recommend playing all the Uncharted ones before you play the masterpiece that is the 4th and final installment. There are a few nods to the previous games in the final one so it's a nice touch if you've played the earlier ones. The first one is quite dated now but still enjoyable, the 2nd is a big improvement and still plays very well.

The Last of Us is another masterpiece that every PS4 owner should play. Red Dead Redemption 2 is out in 14 days (can you tell I can't wait?) and that will be a glorious game considering Rockstar are in charge. Give the Batman titles a go as well, another stunning franchise.
Appreciate the info, thanks [emoji106].

I've never played RDR before and I'm thinking maybe I should. But I think I've got my next few months planned out with all the unchartered's and the Last of us after them.

My Mrs will be over the moon.

I've never played RDR before and I'm thinking maybe I should. But I think I've got my next few months planned out with all the unchartered's and the Last of us after them.

The new RDR is a prequel so I'm not expecting many nods to the previous title. We apparently meet the previous game's protagonist though. Sony not having RDR on backwards compatibility is a b*****d right enough. It would definitely have got another run through by myself (and loads other I expect).

Yeah even without RDR you'll be kept busy for a good while with those titles. You certainly get your money's worth with Naughtydog titles :D

Have a look and listen to some RDR2 stuff on YouTube, I think it's going to be groundbreaking. I've been all over it haha.

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

After a chat with my uncle and cousin who are massively into gaming, I've decided to start with the Original "Unchartered" game, I had like £2 odds left on my wallet on the PS store after the weans bought their "v bucks" on fortnite and the original game was only £6.49 on PS store so it really only cost me just over £4 for the game yesterday.
Played it for an hour last night, enjoyed it and looking forward to a few pints tonight and a wee go at it.

Might be a stupid question, but if I enjoy it and finish it, should I just work through the other games in the series, or is there any that people would recommend me trying? My wee cousin strongly recommended "The Last Of Us" saying it was the best story type game he's played. Quite liked the look of BloodBorne and possibly the Witcher 3, but don't want to just go balls deep into something like that if I'm not really ready for it and end up leaving the controller sitting for another 2 years.

Uncharted is probably a good series to try to get into.  It's got the feel of a big blockbuster film.  Some of the puzzles can be difficult to understand what they want from you, or where you should go without getting an explanation for what to do.  Don't be afraid to use YouTube or a guide when you are stuck and don't be afraid to play any of these games on easy to start with.

I've only played Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.  Out of those three, 2 is the best-made.

If you want to play through the series, I would recommend playing them in order.  You should bear in mind that Uncharted is 11 years old now and won't have aged well compared to modern titles, so IMO go from the earliest onwards rather than going the the newest and working back.  The stories aren't that inter-woven, so if you wanted to go from 1 to 4 then I don't think you would miss out on that much.

Uncharted 4 and the follow-up The Lost Legacy are the only ones in the series that will get the most out of your PS4 and I expect that they are a big jump in quality from the PS3 titles.

The Last of Us is one of my favourite ever games.  It's not that different from Uncharted in terms of how the game is structured around moments of action and more quiet sections, but I prefer the more gritty themes and I think the story is more believable.

My advice is to stay away from Bloodborne until you have more experience of playing action games again.  The whole game is designed around punishing you and mastering the systems.  The Witcher 3 has lots of systems to experiment with but in its easy mode you don't need to worry about those and can just enjoy the experience.

I'd recommend looking at Red Dead Redemption 2 when it comes out.

Uncharted is probably a good series to try to get into.  It's got the feel of a big blockbuster film.  Some of the puzzles can be difficult to understand what they want from you, or where you should go without getting an explanation for what to do.  Don't be afraid to use YouTube or a guide when you are stuck and don't be afraid to play any of these games on easy to start with.
I've only played Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.  Out of those three, 2 is the best-made.
If you want to play through the series, I would recommend playing them in order.  You should bear in mind that Uncharted is 11 years old now and won't have aged well compared to modern titles, so IMO go from the earliest onwards rather than going the the newest and working back.  The stories aren't that inter-woven, so if you wanted to go from 1 to 4 then I don't think you would miss out on that much.
Uncharted 4 and the follow-up The Lost Legacy are the only ones in the series that will get the most out of your PS4 and I expect that they are a big jump in quality from the PS3 titles.
The Last of Us is one of my favourite ever games.  It's not that different from Uncharted in terms of how the game is structured around moments of action and more quiet sections, but I prefer the more gritty themes and I think the story is more believable.
My advice is to stay away from Bloodborne until you have more experience of playing action games again.  The whole game is designed around punishing you and mastering the systems.  The Witcher 3 has lots of systems to experiment with but in its easy mode you don't need to worry about those and can just enjoy the experience.
I'd recommend looking at Red Dead Redemption 2 when it comes out.
Fantastic post IMO.

Eating my dinner there and the mother in law text my wife.... "Is there any ps4 games I can get Craig's for Xmas".

It was a firm RDR2 from me, by that time I'll have hopefully worked through a good few and will be fully " immersed" [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Fantastic post IMO.

Eating my dinner there and the mother in law text my wife.... "Is there any ps4 games I can get Craig's for Xmas".

It was a firm RDR2 from me, by that time I'll have hopefully worked through a good few and will be fully " immersed" emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Worth noting RDR2 is apparently 105GB, so make sure you'll have that much space on your console.

Aye the size of RDR is bonkers. Game* are doing a midnight release and I'll go get it then with absolutely no intention of playing it on the Friday night, just so I can have it downloaded for the Saturday.

* I fucking loathe Game but Dumfries has no other options and I didn't want to risk ordering online and not getting it :(

I’m a bit of a CoD fanboy and bought it out of habit as I do most years.

Wasn’t expecting much but tbh the multiplayer has been brilliant. The Blackout (Battle Royale) is great fun. Graphics are shite for this but I blame the size of the maps.

However it’s great fun, like Fortnite for adults and without the stupid building shite.

The general multiplayer has been good fun aswell with the TDM playing well.

Would recommend it.

21 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’m a bit of a CoD fanboy and bought it out of habit as I do most years.

Wasn’t expecting much but tbh the multiplayer has been brilliant. The Blackout (Battle Royale) is great fun. Graphics are shite for this but I blame the size of the maps.

However it’s great fun, like Fortnite for adults and without the stupid building shite.

The general multiplayer has been good fun aswell with the TDM playing well.

Would recommend it.

Cheers, I’m sold. Perfect weekend for it too with shite weather and internationals.

Downloaded COD last minute Thursday night in a sort of impulse fashion. I'm finding the online multiplayer rather difficult, usually I'm a pretty assured COD player but it seems I land 8 shots and I get killed with 3..(typical eh). Enjoying Blackout though, only played a few games but finished 4th, looks to be a good addition to the game.

Working my way through Uncharted, really enjoying it, very easy to control and it basically holds your hand on the way through so you can't really get lost or deviate too much.
Uncle was up visiting before they head to Sri Lanka for 5 weeks and dropped of Uncharted 4 and "sky rim elder scrolls v" for a wee shot of while they're away. Anyone played this, is it any good or will I stick to the uncharted for now?

Working my way through Uncharted, really enjoying it, very easy to control and it basically holds your hand on the way through so you can't really get lost or deviate too much.
Uncle was up visiting before they head to Sri Lanka for 5 weeks and dropped of Uncharted 4 and "sky rim elder scrolls v" for a wee shot of while they're away. Anyone played this, is it any good or will I stick to the uncharted for now?
I've never played Skyrim but by all accounts you become immersed in the game it's so big. Probably best finishing Uncharted first.

I've never played Skyrim but by all accounts you become immersed in the game it's so big. Probably best finishing Uncharted first.
The thing is, I'm the absolute worst for chopping and changing, I'll no doubt play another game or 2 of Uncharted, then fire in skyrim to get blootered into that before they come back their holiday, forget about uncharted 1, and dive right Into the last of us.