General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/08/2018 at 09:01, KnightswoodBear said:

Picked up Star Wars Battlefront II on one of the PSN sales recently.  Enjoying it more than the first one.  The campaign is pretty enjoyable so far.  Certainly worth the £15  or whatever it was I paid for it.  

The winter updates look good, id advise playing strike a lot first before galactic assault to get usex to the whole objective thing, tbh strike is the best mode, no hero spamming, starfighter assault is next best

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing Rayman Legends (one of the free ps plus games a few months ago) and absolutely loving it. Always thought Rayman games were for kids but bloody hell they'd struggle with the majority of levels in the game!

On 05/08/2018 at 15:56, Miguel Sanchez said:

Just had a nice race on Gran Turismo Sport against someone named possilproddy whose introduction in the chat was the Billy Boys

Charming

On 28/08/2018 at 18:48, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Modern Warfare 2 has just been made backwards compatible on Xbox 1.

So has Gran Turismo Sport, apparently. 

14 hours ago, spud131 said:

Started playing Rayman Legends (one of the free ps plus games a few months ago) and absolutely loving it. Always thought Rayman games were for kids but bloody hell they'd struggle with the majority of levels in the game!

They're absolutely marvellous if you like that type of game.  Very well put together.

Gutted to see Telltale Games shutting down. I think most people had gotten sick of their formula but i still bought and enjoyed nearly all of their games.

Episode 2 of the last season of the walking dead was due out next week but looks like the final two episodes after it may never come out. Only a skeleton crew left now and it appears unconfirmed whether they’re there to finish The Walking Dead or the Minecraft game they were making for Netflix.

So after finally building up an office that actually has space rather than a room everything gets chucked into, I've bought the components to build a desktop.  It's not going to be top of the line, but it'll be enough to play most games out there in at least a good way, if not fantastic.

So, having been largely away from PC Gaming for ages, and already having a PS4 with a lot of the main titles on, what should I be looking to experience on Steam?  Preferably something that is close to PC-only, or at least has something you can't get anywhere else, like particular mods.  Not against picking up a game that I've already got on PS4 if it offers me something different (I've had to stop myself buying the Witcher just to see how good it looks) but definitely erring on the side of not buying huge, sprawling open world games given I'm unlikely going to be able to spend hours and hours on them.  Something I can dip in and out of would be good.

12 hours ago, forameus said:

So after finally building up an office that actually has space rather than a room everything gets chucked into, I've bought the components to build a desktop.  It's not going to be top of the line, but it'll be enough to play most games out there in at least a good way, if not fantastic.

So, having been largely away from PC Gaming for ages, and already having a PS4 with a lot of the main titles on, what should I be looking to experience on Steam?  Preferably something that is close to PC-only, or at least has something you can't get anywhere else, like particular mods.  Not against picking up a game that I've already got on PS4 if it offers me something different (I've had to stop myself buying the Witcher just to see how good it looks) but definitely erring on the side of not buying huge, sprawling open world games given I'm unlikely going to be able to spend hours and hours on them.  Something I can dip in and out of would be good.

Skyrim and Fallout are the obvious ones for mods but you've already said no to them! There are some decent mods for Witcher too which totally changed the game for me.

Alien Isolation has a couple of graphic mods but, I think, they are more designed for high end machines.

The Telltale games are definitely worth picking up, especially considering the post above yours :( 

On 21/09/2018 at 23:55, Rodhull said:

Gutted to see Telltale Games shutting down. I think most people had gotten sick of their formula but i still bought and enjoyed nearly all of their games.

Episode 2 of the last season of the walking dead was due out next week but looks like the final two episodes after it may never come out. Only a skeleton crew left now and it appears unconfirmed whether they’re there to finish The Walking Dead or the Minecraft game they were making for Netflix.

That truly is gutting. The first WD game was an absolute masterpiece. I've been playing the more recent one and it hasnt really gripped me, if Im honest, but I definitely wanted to see the story through

That truly is gutting. The first WD game was an absolute masterpiece. I've been playing the more recent one and it hasnt really gripped me, if Im honest, but I definitely wanted to see the story through
Take it you know that Telltale are shutting down and that episode 2 of the current series (4) will be the last episode despite them having planned 4 episodes in this series.

2 minutes ago, spud131 said:
3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Take it you know that Telltale are shutting down and that episode 2 of the current series (4) will be the last episode despite them having planned 4 episodes in this series.

I replied to a post saying Telltale are shutting down ;)

Seems like they are touting the WD series around to 3rd party developers to get it finished though, whilst screwing over their ex-employees :angry:

Read a couple of articles about Telltale this morning, a lot of which didnt make pretty reading.

I replied to a post saying Telltale are shutting down [emoji6]
Seems like they are touting the WD series around to 3rd party developers to get it finished though, whilst screwing over their ex-employees :angry:
Read a couple of articles about Telltale this morning, a lot of which didnt make pretty reading.
Ignore me!! Finished nightshift this morning and tiredness has obviously got the better of my reading skills!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't really know what thread to put this in...
So I've decided after a couple of years of it gathering dust, I'm going to try a bit if gaming on my ps4. Play the usual odd game of Fifa and the COD campaigns but after watching a few live streams of folk playing games I'm going to give it a go and immerse myself in something.
After a chat with my uncle and cousin who are massively into gaming, I've decided to start with the Original "Unchartered" game, I had like £2 odds left on my wallet on the PS store after the weans bought their "v bucks" on fortnite and the original game was only £6.49 on PS store so it really only cost me just over £4 for the game yesterday.
Played it for an hour last night, enjoyed it and looking forward to a few pints tonight and a wee go at it.
Might be a stupid question, but if I enjoy it and finish it, should I just work through the other games in the series, or is there any that people would recommend me trying? My wee cousin strongly recommended "The Last Of Us" saying it was the best story type game he's played. Quite liked the look of BloodBorne and possibly the Witcher 3, but don't want to just go balls deep into something like that if I'm not really ready for it and end up leaving the controller sitting for another 2 years.

Didn't really know what thread to put this in...
So I've decided after a couple of years of it gathering dust, I'm going to try a bit if gaming on my ps4. Play the usual odd game of Fifa and the COD campaigns but after watching a few live streams of folk playing games I'm going to give it a go and immerse myself in something.
After a chat with my uncle and cousin who are massively into gaming, I've decided to start with the Original "Unchartered" game, I had like £2 odds left on my wallet on the PS store after the weans bought their "v bucks" on fortnite and the original game was only £6.49 on PS store so it really only cost me just over £4 for the game yesterday.
Played it for an hour last night, enjoyed it and looking forward to a few pints tonight and a wee go at it.
Might be a stupid question, but if I enjoy it and finish it, should I just work through the other games in the series, or is there any that people would recommend me trying? My wee cousin strongly recommended "The Last Of Us" saying it was the best story type game he's played. Quite liked the look of BloodBorne and possibly the Witcher 3, but don't want to just go balls deep into something like that if I'm not really ready for it and end up leaving the controller sitting for another 2 years.

The Last of Us looks like an amazing game. I'm like you, don't play often, get the Cod/FIFA's most years but I'll always get the odd game I'll like. Buzzing for Red Dead and still play GTA 5. But TLOU looks superb, watched a walk through on YouTube the story was that gripping. There's also a second one coming out.

I'm looking to get back into gaming too, looking for a wee something to play before my RDR2 comes. Used to play non stop when I was in my teens but when you get to late teens/early twenties you find yourself out all the time. Mid twenties now and slowly getting boring so want to get back into it.

I'm Xbox One so thinking Fallout or something. Would've played Detroit become human and Spider-Man but they seem to only be for PS4 unfortunately