General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's my thinking, unfortunately. Did you contact Sony or just chuck it?

Sent it to Sony, they said it would cost like £200 or something to fix. I told them to shove it and send me the PS4 back, went to GAME knowing that the only game that still worked was FIFA, luckily enough, it was FIFA they stuck in to test it was working, so I traded it in and got a PS4 Pro.

Ps f**k GAME.

Any PS4 players here had this message? - "Cannot continue using the application. The disc cannot be read. Make sure that the disc is not damaged or dirty."

Keeps coming up with TLOU all of a sudden. Looked at tutorials and nothing works. I've a bad feeling it's code for "your disk drive is fucked". I think I may need to get in touch with Sony if it doesn't stop [emoji20]
Quality control?

Guy a took it to reckons it could be the hard drive as some games are working. I was going to invest in a 1TB anyway so I suppose it'll kill two birds if that's the problem.

I've got a normal PS4. Can someone recommend where to buy the 1TB from if you have installed it yourself?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Guy a took it to reckons it could be the hard drive as some games are working. I was going to invest in a 1TB anyway so I suppose it'll kill two birds if that's the problem.

I've got a normal PS4. Can someone recommend where to buy the 1TB from if you have installed it yourself?

This is the one I got

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was the process easy enough? Transferring your data from the old one to that one and general installation?

Knew I had posted about it before. It's a doddle if you follow the instructions.

On 1/7/2017 at 19:48, Mark Connolly said:

I got this hard drive for my PS4 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installing it was a doddle - I used the ign instructions - http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Replace_a_PS4_Hard_Drive

Also got these screwdrivers to help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O12YNRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Be prepared for some long waits reinstalling games, etc though.

Cheers.

Last query I swear! Has anyone upgraded to a Pro from an older model? I'm thinking this may be the excuse I need to invest in one.

My question is if I save my game save data to the Cloud via PS Plus, is it a simple process to transfer all my data and trophies to the new console?

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cheers.

Last query I swear! Has anyone upgraded to a Pro from an older model? I'm thinking this may be the excuse I need to invest in one.

My question is if I save my game save data to the Cloud via PS Plus, is it a simple process to transfer all my data and trophies to the new console?

I went from a early edition PS4 to a Pro. The transfer process was really simple. IIRC the 2 consoles were linked and all the data was transferred over in about an hour or so.

Modern Gaming is Rubbish: An Occasional Series

Picked up CoD WW2 yesterday and stuck it in last night to have a wee shot when the missus was out at the gym.  Fully expected a colossal update to need to be downloaded, but be able to play it offline.  Nope.  Game wouldn't even start without a 15gb update.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I can beat that.  I bought Battlefield One last night as CEX had it for £12.  Put it in - 30.2Gb update.

I assume if I had put it in without my PS4 connected to the internet it would have let me load up and play the (presumably horribly broken) v1.0, but as I was connected, it's decided that it wants the patch and wouldn't let me start the game without it.

Thought Longshot was brilliant. Shame they never let you go into a career mode after it though.

Longshot is dreadful. It's nothing but cutscenes and some of the most ridiculous clichès I've ever seen. The evil producer ????????

I've managed to get the Jets to the AFC Championship game after going 9-7 in the regular season. Full 15 minute quarters so takes about 90 minutes to play one game. I'm really enjoying this year's Madden.

Longshot is dreadful. It's nothing but cutscenes and some of the most ridiculous clichès I've ever seen. The evil producer ????????

I've managed to get the Jets to the AFC Championship game after going 9-7 in the regular season. Full 15 minute quarters so takes about 90 minutes to play one game. I'm really enjoying this year's Madden.

Yeah Longshot is very cliched and a bit ridiculous but enjoyed the story and liked playing in the high school games and doing the challenges, something a bit different. I also really liked the FIFA one too though so maybe just a fan of them in general, looking forward to see where they go with this and how they expand on it in the future.

And f**k that’s some commitment that, think I’m just the 6 minute half’s, I used to play the full game but enjoying it more just playing offence I’m pretty hopeless on defence. Had a season with the Raiders where I got to the Championship game after going 13-3 but got pumped by the Dolphins. Marshawn Lynch is great fun to play with.

Not played in a while because of real life getting in the way and coursework needing done but fancying firing up a Browns franchise season.

22 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Longshot is dreadful. It's nothing but cutscenes and some of the most ridiculous clichès I've ever seen. The evil producer

I remember playing a game of Super Soccer on the SNES for 90 minutes with a mate. The final score was something rediculous like 83-52 ha ha

Edited by mrpaddyx

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the most appropriate place for this question. Rise of the Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein II have began downloading on my PS4 (the former has finished and is working). These are two games I've never played (though want to), never purchased and never so much as looked at on PS Store. Yet they've come from nowhere and I have them on my console. Has this happened to anyone before/have I missed something where Sony are giving these games away for free? No one else has access to my console so it's not as if someone could have accidently ordered them, and I've checked my bank. No orders are pending.

I recently transferred my old data from my other PS4 onto this one and I recently purchased another game from the store. I don't know if somehow Sony have made a balls up and I'm certainly not complaining but I find this very strange indeed.