General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

On 11/7/2017 at 02:20, XIII said:

Can't stand esports, why watch someone else play a game when you can yourself?

Aye why fork out good money to go to Pittodrie every other weekend when you can trudge out to the public parks with your pals and do it yourself?

Edited by Vanquinho.

• 1 month later...

Didnt want to make a new thread so thought this might be the best place for it.

Last couple of days I have been having issues with Online play on PS4 getting major lag across all games I play. I have tried restarting the router and changing the settings on PS but nothing worked. Never had a issue like this before always worked fine. Internet speeds are still normal no drop there.

Any ideas on what might have caused it or a solution?

• 1 month later...

Alright, I saw Madden 18 G.O.A.T Super Bowl Edition is £20.00, anyone know what it is?  I have fancied getting an American football game and that is about as much as I would pay, but if it is just their version of ultimate team then I will leave it. 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Alright, I saw Madden 18 G.O.A.T Super Bowl Edition is £20.00, anyone know what it is?  I have fancied getting an American football game and that is about as much as I would pay, but if it is just their version of ultimate team then I will leave it. 

Both are made by EA so you can guess how similiar it is to FUT.

That said you don't need to go any where near that mode and the rest of the game is really good. Its a shame that, much like the Fifa series, the core gameplay doesn't change much from season to season. Hence I only buy it every couple of years.

Edited by mrpaddyx

I bought a couple of editions, including last years and I wish I had the time to spend to actually get into the game and get good at it.  To someone with just a passing "ooh, the superbowl" interest in NFL, the game seems a bit impenetrable.  Was shite at defending, but did enjoy making the attacking plays.  

And I never got anywhere near as furious with it as I regularly do with FIFA.

I saw it and bought it last night. It's the game plus some packs for ultimate team.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

I saw it and bought it last night. It's the game plus some packs for ultimate team.

Ideal.  I'll buy it with my winnings from the Jags game night ^_^

• 5 weeks later...

I recently bought the Limbo/Inside double pack on the PSN sale for £11.

Loved Limbo.  Except the spider.

I'm playing through Inside just now and I honestly can't remember being so blown away by a game for years.  Everything about it is fantastic.  It's also creepy as f**k.

Talking about picking up random games, I recently bought Super Hot on the PSN when it was on sale. Can't say i've ever played anything like it. The basic premise is that its a first person game where time only move when you. Which is handy as on a lot of levels you are seriously outnumbered. Really enjoying it so far and I can't wait to try to VR version when I've completed the main game.

On 11/7/2017 at 02:20, XIII said:

Can't stand esports, why watch someone else play a game when you can yourself?

On 11/10/2017 at 04:03, Vanquinho. said:

Aye why fork out good money to go to Pittodrie every other weekend when you can trudge out to the public parks with your pals and do it yourself?

That is a great example.

That is a great example.
It's a bit different, I play games for the experience, for the thrill and emotions that games give you, why forfeit that experience and watch someone else go through that? (this is mainly my argument against twitch)

I only get a few hours a week to myself so I'd rather spend that actually gaming than watching someone experience it for me.

As for esports, I don't take mmorpgs seriously as a genre in gaming so of course I'm going to have no interest in it as a 'sport'. Again with esports games that I occasionally play (csgo and pubg) I'd rather play it myself, I have no intrest in watching other people play it

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Its partly that the skill level for games in the esports bracket is so high that there is an enjoyment to watching someone play at that level of skill especially when you arn't that capable yourself. In terms of viwership, games like counterstrike, dota or pubg are fun to bash around in but watching an organised team play is a totally different game.

Its interesting to see people who adore games like The Last Of Us maybe not have that same admiration for Twitch and the audience that caters for. The Last of Us is a fantastic game which just isn't that mechanically interesting in comparison to a Starcraft or a beat em up. Similarly most of the biggest games on Twitch have no narrative hooks so if that's what draws you to games esports are just going to sound dumb.

Its partly that the skill level for games in the esports bracket is so high that there is an enjoyment to watching someone play at that level of skill especially when you arn't that capable yourself. In terms of viwership, games like counterstrike, dota or pubg are fun to bash around in but watching an organised team play is a totally different game.

Its interesting to see people who adore games like The Last Of Us maybe not have that same admiration for Twitch and the audience that caters for. The Last of Us is a fantastic game which just isn't that mechanically interesting in comparison to a Starcraft or a beat em up. Similarly most of the biggest games on Twitch have no narrative hooks so if that's what draws you to games esports are just going to sound dumb.

As you'll be able to tell from the designated topic, I love TLOU. I really enjoy Twitch as well. I only tend to watch games with a story though. I don't understand how games like League of Legends is so highly viewed. I hadn't a clue what I was watching. I don't bother with sports games either tbh.

Any PS4 players here had this message? - "Cannot continue using the application. The disc cannot be read. Make sure that the disc is not damaged or dirty."

Keeps coming up with TLOU all of a sudden. Looked at tutorials and nothing works. I've a bad feeling it's code for "your disk drive is fucked". I think I may need to get in touch with Sony if it doesn't stop :(

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Any PS4 players here had this message? - "Cannot continue using the application. The disc cannot be read. Make sure that the disc is not damaged or dirty."

Keeps coming up with TLOU all of a sudden. Looked at tutorials and nothing works. I've a bad feeling it's code for "your disk drive is fucked". I think I may need to get in touch with Sony if it doesn't stop :(

Fairly certain that was the message my first PS4 was giving me just before it packed in.

I bought a couple of editions, including last years and I wish I had the time to spend to actually get into the game and get good at it.  To someone with just a passing "ooh, the superbowl" interest in NFL, the game seems a bit impenetrable.  Was shite at defending, but did enjoy making the attacking plays.  
And I never got anywhere near as furious with it as I regularly do with FIFA.

In franchise mode you can just choose to play on offence. What I do usually hate defence.

Thought Longshot was brilliant. Shame they never let you go into a career mode after it though.