General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Don't watch him. I won't defend a racist but just watch something else. I find this whole 'but the gaming communitayyy' thing really weird. 

I watch twitch. If I tune into a streamer and they are a racist, entitled, whiny or otherwise annoying wee dick I move to one of the other very enjoyable channels. 

Btw YouTube streaming is shiiiite. Pewdiepie has always been as much of an irritating jobber as his name suggests. I really don't care if he embarrasses himself, it only affects him and his sponsors.

Never have, but it affects the platform. While not solely to blame, the YouTube adpocalypse that has crippled almost all channels, was in part due to his actions. 

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

So Destiny "2" is out, though in reality it looks like Destiny 1.1 seeing as its almost exactly the same game with only the most minor of changes. It even uses the exact same character creator just cut and pasted from the first game. Expensive marketing doesn't make up for being the exact same shit just repackaged. 

Oh Yeah, regarding the Pewdiepie N word crap, it seems not even a few days after his apology which i did think was pretty humble, the idiot had to stop himself from saying "Ma N***er" on another live stream.  To be fair when he realised he was about to say it he stopped himself, but come on dude, anyone would think you were just trying to bury the platform at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

House to myself this weekend and not much interesting football on so fling to dust off the old PS3 and buy a game from the second hand shop for the weekend. What games are good for PS3s? I'm not a massive gamer, but quite enjoy them when I've got some time on my hands. Any classics of fun games of that generation I should get?

I got a PS3 earlier in the year for watching films, but keep meaning to try one of the classics that aren't available on the PC. Got Heavy Rain for a quid a while back (and haven't played it yet), and keep looking out for a copy of Red Dead Redemption GOTY for a fiver, which is the arbitrary limit I've set for a game I'll likely never have time to play, so those would be my suggestions. Interested to see what submissions other people make, as there are always quality games you miss out on in every generation, unless you're independently wealthy.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Just downloaded Little Big Planet 2 as it was on offer on the PlayStation store, but will probably get something a bit more adult as LBP is more of a multiplayer.

I still get that confused with Little Big Adventure whenever it gets mentioned.

You can probably play that on your phone these days, never mind a PS3.

Edit: I was right!  :lol:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Whilst I'm on the topic, I had a look out of interest at FIFA 18 (not planning on buying it just wanted to see) and the regular game was about the price I would have expected. However there were two versions of the game, an Icon edition (with Brazilian Ronaldo on the front) and (confusingly) a Ronaldo edition (with Christiano Ronaldo on the front), for 80 and 90 quid respectively.

Having a look at what you get for paying so much more I can't really figure out what it is you are getting. Some sort of loan of Ronaldo for something called FUT, and season long loans of a few other things. What does all that mean, and does it really justify an extra £30?

The way EA and, in fairness a lot of other companies, have managed to convince people they need this stuff, is nothing short of astounding.

Whoever came up with FUT and the various cash grabs that go with it should have their name above the EA door.

Haven't touched a FIFA since they stopped doing the World Cup games on the PC, sadly.

A Greig Spence Ultimate Edition could change all that, though. Come on, EA, you know it makes sense.

I might be in the minority but really all I've ever wanted from a football game was the ability to play as Aberdeen or occasionally a better side, in some sort of tournament setting. Don't mind the management modes but really I would just stick on football manager if I wanted to play a management sim. It seems like all the add ons are speaking to a different footballing market to me. I have no desire to create a fictional team that don't actually exist, whilst trying to sign superstars to them, when I could play as Aberdeen and try to win the Scottish cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands this weekend as it was free to play and 50% off to buy. Still not convinced if i wanna buy it, its fun and looks great but its a very Ubisoft kinda game, stealth, recon, unlockables and free roam. Don't get me wrong those are the kinda things i enjoy, but i have this nagging doubt im gonna get bored of the game after i buy it