Dundee Utd vs Hibernian - Friday night football

Big game for us. Chance to extend our lead over our title rivals Morton at the top. United will be hoping to snatch something to help their play off push. I expect a big support from leith around 2500 at least.

3-1 hibs and 1875/1888litchtie to enjoy the match with his half and half hibs and united scarf.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see how we handle a second weeks break in a month. Tough ask for the players and I wouldn't be surprised to see us play a behind closed door game later this week to try and get some game time into mcgeouch before this.

Any reason why this isn't being played this Friday? Neither side are involved in Hibernians Scottish cup yet?

Unless one team ruins it by scoring an early goal, I can see this being once of those turgid cancel-each-other-out sort of games. 0-0.

Although, given I can't go due to an obscenely early work Christmas night out (in Edinburgh, and most of the people in my team are Hibs fans), 4-3 us. Or 4-3 them. f**k it, I'll be too pissed to notice.

54 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Unless one team ruins it by scoring an early goal, I can see this being once of those turgid cancel-each-other-out sort of games. 0-0.

Although, given I can't go due to an obscenely early work Christmas night out (in Edinburgh, and most of the people in my team are Hibs fans), 4-3 us. Or 4-3 them. f**k it, I'll be too pissed to notice.

I'd be devastated to miss this one. Really looking forward to it, should be a great atmosphere. I've now cursed it.

Will be my first game at Tannadice in a few years as well, looking forward to it.

The absolute nick of our fans after travelling all the way to Motherwell for a Friday night game bodes well for this. c***s will be paggering on top of the train Mission: Impossible style.

I really enjoy Friday night games at Tannadice, the atmosphere is usually pretty good and the likelihood of a big away support allied to the fact that it's 2nd v 1st should make it even better.

Despite the run of results have been pretty mediocre this season, some nice passages of football but still too inconsistent.  I know this is repetitive but the lack of striking options is still the real concern.  I can't see us keeping a clean sheet against Hibs and with only Murray or VdV as options up front then we will struggle.

Maybe McKinnon will astound us all by playing Murray and Smith in a 4-4-2!

16 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Didn't realise it was company policy to go to works Xmas nights out?

Are you 1 of those saddo gits that live for yer work and believe the company would shut if you take a day off?

Get to the fitba petal

Archived