Clyde vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temperatures have been hitting -6 overnight so not surprising at all. Would've been nice to have called it off at half 2 tomorrow though just to make these Angus tears even more pleasing.

The draw for the next round will have been made by the time this is played so that'll hopefully give it a bit of added interest. 

From the current weather report light cloud and 4 c. Looks like this one could have been played.

Would you have rather traveled down to find the game off?

An early decision was taken for the benefit of, I'd imagine, Arbroath fans.

The weather forecast was for fog and cold temperatures. Would you have rather taken the chance?

The weather forecast was for fog and cold temperatures. Would you have rather taken the chance?

Last night is a bit earlier than necessary imo.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Game could easily have been given until 10AM this morning and no-one would have been inconvenienced. Do you think all games should be called off 24 hours before kick off when a bit of fog is forecast?

Certain parts of the pitch get zero sun light at this time of year(mainly the penalty area at the stand behind the goal). It's always been a problem area plastic or grass. As frustrating as it is the correct call has been made. If the "warmer" weather had been from yesterday morning it might have had a chance.

Archived