Clyde vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never in doubt tonight that surprised me arbroath looked a shadow of team seen previous this season linn didn't look interested but mc Neill played him superbly two Gormley goals were top drawer and cracking free kick can't say to much for penalties up at the other end
Thought defence was excellent and what a save from gibson at the end nice pay back for 4 0 couple of weeks ago

Anyway safe journey too the arbroath boys on way home Long treck after a 5 0 respect for making trip mid week

David Gormley was superb tonight. Take away his goals which were sensational, he was still comfortably MoTM.

First one was a shove in the back. Foul for the free kick the same. The second penalty the only doubt is was the Arbroath defender fouled first, after that he pulled Gormley's arm.

Flynn's red looked like two players going in for a 50/50 but someone near me said he went over the ball. Would need to see it again.

All in all a dominant performance.

First impression on Flynn challenge was he went over the ball need to see it again but did think it warranted a red surprising don't think I have seen him foul any one all season might be case of trying too hard having been on the bench

David Gormley was superb tonight. Take away his goals which were sensational, he was still comfortably MoTM.

Absolutely agree and I speak as one of his harshest critics.

Two great goals, involved in both penalties and a wonderfully fantastic long diagonal pass in the first half.

Well done David.

One of the easiest games we've won at Broadwood in a long time. Controlled the game throughout and Arbroath never got going.

First pen I didn't really see anything and for the second the Arbroath player had a hold of Gormley's arm and dragged him down. Both were well put away by Mcdonald. Can't remember the latest time we got a penalty in a match never mind two so a bit of fortune for a change. Mclaughlin's free kick and Gormley's double were all cracking finishes. Arbroath had chucked it by the time Gormley scored the 5th they gave him plenty of time and space to hit but it was a cracking finish all the same.

That's the quietest Linn has ever been against us. Arbroath did have two cleared off the line when the score was 4-0 and Gibson made a fine save right at the end but didn't threating at all while the game was still a contest.

Didn't think Flynn's tackled merited a booking never mind a red. Will have to wait to see it again. Miller can count himself fortune not to be sent off when he retaliated to Sukar. Ironically Ferguson obviously took him off to avoid him picking up a second yellow only to get Flynn sent off instead.

Archived