Clyde vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pass Broadwood on my commute to work and it's been minus 6 degrees every morning the parks probably been unplayable since Tuesday 

What the park was like between Tuesday and Friday is irrelevant. Once the temperature increased by Saturday morning there was a good chance it could have been played.

What the park was like between Tuesday and Friday is irrelevant. Once the temperature increased by Saturday morning there was a good chance it could have been played.

Yeah cause it was like the fucking tropics here yesterday. It was still freezing cold and more than likely the parts of the pitch permanently in the shade would still have been unplayable.

It would have made sense to have the pitch inspection yesterday morning but I don't think it would have made much difference.

Yeah cause it was like the fucking tropics here yesterday. It was still freezing cold and more than likely the parts of the pitch permanently in the shade would still have been unplayable.

It would have made sense to have the pitch inspection yesterday morning but I don't think it would have made much difference.

Any idea why we're waiting till the 6th to get this done?

Someone said it earlier but why can't you just pour hot water over the bad areas on a plastic park? Temperatures were well above freezing all yesterday?

Should have just let all these Arbroath fans stand on the frozen areas and let those salty tears defrost the pitch.

Hey its you guys who have lost out on a bumper travelling support. Don't imagine we will bring as many on a Tuesday evening now. Cue salty Bully tears.

Hey its you guys who have lost out on a bumper travelling support. Don't imagine we will bring as many on a Tuesday evening now. Cue salty Bully tears.

Think you will find that the gate is split after expenses

Another football Einstein surfaces :)

3 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

The stand behind the goal doesn't allow that area of the pitch to get sun on it in the winter time,  it would have needed a couple of days of above freezing temperatures to help it thaw out. I think it was the right decision to call it off early there was no chance of it being on yesterday. 

Any idea why we're waiting till the 6th to get this done?

Guessing there is something else on that night probably an under 12 game or another BMX event.

Someone said it earlier but why can't you just pour hot water over the bad areas on a plastic park? Temperatures were well above freezing all yesterday?

No idea, not sure if the sudden temp change damages the pitch in some way. The plastic pitches take longer to thaw out than grass so may well have been that near enough the full pitch was still frozen. It's not the first game we have had called off on the plastic pitch.

Archived