Patrick Thistle vs Rangers, 26th November

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also to be fair to thistle , one of the most "scenes" moment I have seen in an away end at ibrox was when they took the lead back in 2008 Scottish cup tie . Boyd went up and equalised more or less from kick off and we won the replay , this was during our uefa cup final season 

I love it when the players dive into the crowd like that :lol:

Scenes indeed

7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I love it when the players dive into the crowd like that :lol:

Scenes indeed

Any thistle fans remember why that tie was played midweek ? Think it might have been because we played Dundee Utd in the league cup final the weekend it was scheduled but not 100 percent sure 

This thread peaked about page 13. Joyous truly joyous.:lol:

Love the imagined 'Billy Boys' story that seems to be the default line anytime Rangers win:rolleyes:

Thistle posters claiming Rangers fans 'are a mess' 'seething' etc. You obviously were not at the game. What a state the Thistle end was as we taunted them with 'There's only one team in Glasgow' absolutely glorious seethe :lol:

As for the state of the Rangers support on leaving the game. Have you not seen the pictures of the Thistle lad that looks like David Luiz love child. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It was him who scored aye , couldn't tell you where he is now right enough 

Damon Gray was on loan from Hibs at us. Scored a couple against Clyde, iirc, and then of course that goal at Ibrox.

After he left us I'm sure he wound up at Berwick, though. Was playing in the Juniors, the last I heard. No idea if he's still even playing these days.

53 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

As for the state of the Rangers support on leaving the game. Have you not seen the pictures of the Thistle lad that looks like David Luiz love child. :lol:

Questionable David Luiz haircut > beetroot-faced losers in McEwans Lager strips from the 1990's. 

Thistle being bottom has nothing to do with what I had said before. Kris doolan is a prolific goal scorer. Not a single one of the 40 goals from this season, or the 3 before that doolan has scored has come from a penalty, a real quality striker that scores the goals he has too and occasionally scores a fantastic one too. Quality player that I'm pretty sure a lot of teams would be happy to have in their side.

Are you his Agent!? Sorry not good enough for us, but could certainly play at a bigger club, how about St Mirren?

Let's be honest, 5 subs and 2 goals in the second half, 4 minutes is pretty standard.

The fact that Thistle absolutely shat themselves is why they lost, nothing to do with injury time.

Let's not go down that paranoia route

Just thought I'd throw this up again since I only had to wait until the next day to prove my point. 1 goal & 6 subs in the 2nd half today and yet the ref adds on only 2 minutes. Where is the 'pretty standard' today for similar time lost?

So even if we go between your 4 & todays 2 and meet it in the middle, 3 mins exact would've ensured a share of the points for Thistle.

9 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

This thread peaked about page 13. Joyous truly joyous.:lol:

Love the imagined 'Billy Boys' story that seems to be the default line anytime Rangers win:rolleyes:

Thistle posters claiming Rangers fans 'are a mess' 'seething' etc. You obviously were not at the game. What a state the Thistle end was as we taunted them with 'There's only one team in Glasgow' absolutely glorious seethe :lol:

Has anyone claimed 'The Billy Boys' was sung?

I don't remember the claim or the song.  Plenty other unacceptable shite though.

9 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Questionable David Luiz haircut > beetroot-faced losers in McEwans Lager strips from the 1990's. 

That may well be true but this lad was a Ginger so with the best will in the World that surely tips the balance in favour over the Jakey with the old top on...Just.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Has anyone claimed 'The Billy Boys' was sung?

I don't remember the claim or the song.  Plenty other unacceptable shite though.

Yep it has been mentioned a few times. Believe me as i took my time enjoying reading the thread. Obviously i just skimmed over the drivel written by Norn Briton and the responses to him. People like that are best ignored

Archived