Dumbarton -vs- Bonnyrigg Rose - Part Two

Jan Vojáček

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelling Bonnyrigg fans.

Be aware that the bar inside our ground is for home fans only. The only reason for this is that we don't have access to the away fans seating area from the bar but we do for the home area. Sorry folks. The set-up with the social club at your ground is cracking but sadly we can't return the hospitality directly.

Luckily the bowling club at the end of the road - no more than about 100 yards from the ground - usually accommodates away fans on match day. Unless the club only open the home side since it's a non-season ticket game. Then you'd be fine for a pre-match pint in our ground.

Be aware that the bar inside our ground is for home fans only. The only reason for this is that we don't have access to the away fans seating area from the bar but we do for the home area. Sorry folks. The set-up with the social club at your ground is cracking but sadly we can't return the hospitality directly.

Luckily the bowling club at the end of the road - no more than about 100 yards from the ground - usually accommodates away fans on match day. Unless the club only open the home side since it's a non-season ticket game. Then you'd be fine for a pre-match pint in our ground.

Sadly not as cracking as we'd hope as we have no ties with them lol
Thanks for the shout tho mate bowling club hopefully for us [emoji1417]

Many home fans will be at the replay you reckon?

We have 400 season ticket holders, but given they aren't valid and it's near Christmas I doubt they'll all turn up. Aside from that we get very few paying punters, so I'd maybe take a guess at 300ish.

21 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

I suppose it's what would be expected as we never offer prices that would attract neutrals or a chance supporter.

in league cup no offers.

i suspect more Bonnyrigg fans could be on the cards . 

As usual try harder badge Dumbarton 

Both clubs set the prices for cup ties, so it's not solely our fault prices aren't cheaper.  We also need to remember that both clubs will be looking to maximise revenue here and there's nothing to suggest that a £10/5 split would bring in enough extra fans to make up the shortfall.

Mid-week matches in December are never a particularly enticing prospect for Sons fans. Normally freezing and if you squint hard enough you can just about make out the players under the dim lights. Coupled with our form and lack of entertaining football and I'd say you could be looking at a pretty dismal home attendance.

S'pose you could argue that the arrival of a side who have never played at the Rock might draw out some of our more curious fans; that and the fact we really should be prevailing with a few to spare.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:39, BallochSonsFan said:

Two buses booked into the Rock on Tuesday night. All welcome.

1/6 Dumbarton 

10/1 Bonnyrigg  

Interesting mark up  ?

While we should be and surely will be buoyed by our last two wins in the league, there's no way having seen the first attempt at this tie that Bonnyrigg should be 10/1.

I do think, and very much hope we prevail in this replay, and we should, for a speculative punt there's far, far worse out there than Bonnyrigg.

As much as we should win and I'd place quite a high importance on us coming through this tie, it's very worrying how our squad could be for Tuesday night. We're going to have such a thin squad that it'll be one proper sub again.

It doesn't bode well for Tuesday itself and leaves us open to real issues should anyone get injured, how bare our squad could be going forward.

I'm hopeful of another decent tie, as much as we were rotten in the first match i enjoyed the game and day out.

Hopefully we all get behind the team from the off and give them a boost. Every fit, available player will be involved for pretty much the third game in a row. Another big test for the squad in terms of attitude and application.

Aldo
Div barr bucky petts
Josh joe gaz andra
Ryan robbie

Bench will be brown, donald, faz, 2 boys.

1/6 Dumbarton 

10/1 Bonnyrigg  

Interesting mark up  ?

Id say it's fairly accurate. Yes we are pretty mince but, bonnyrigg are (with all due respect) a junior club. Odds were similar when we met rangers last season in the league and that was the same league.

Archived