Airdrieonians vs. Alloa Athletic

What we feeling for this one, then?  The form we're on, I think most Airdrie fans would be looking to win this, but Alloa are no mugs.  We beat Brechin last week - and 1-0 flattered them, I thought, and we need to be beating the teams around the top if we're to go up.

Prediction: tight game, home win.  Probably through a Russell penalty. 

Scott Stewart apparently said last week that he was hoping to be back in for this game, anyone heard any news on that?

Alloa fans - you missing any players for this one?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Full squad according to MW today.

Hugo given a reprieve ?

Looking to win this obviously, as are Alloa. We could have lost the first game easily, so it'll be interesting to see how both teams fair in this one. Looking forward to it though, as a win really puts us up there.

Tough game airdrie on a good run only one point off us 

Just shows if u put a good run together you can move up fast 

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn’t he, Gerry?

Same starting line up as Wednesday night except JG back for homer. Take our chances and we win by two clear goals

Airdrie on a good run and surely looking to keep it going.

Conroy and Leitch looked superb last week in midfield and I'd hope they continue to dominate as they've been doing.   Ryan has been dangerous too, again, hoping for more of the same.

Biggest question again is whether Stewart starts or not.  I'd hate to see McIntosh dropped.  He needs a run of games.   Normal managerial strategy is to stick to a winning team.

2 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn’t he, Gerry?

Same starting line up as Wednesday night except JG back for homer. Take our chances and we win by two clear goals

Great post keep the good work up ur going places 

Airdrie on a good run and surely looking to keep it going.

Conroy and Leitch looked superb last week in midfield and I'd hope they continue to dominate as they've been doing.   Ryan has been dangerous too, again, hoping for more of the same.

Biggest question again is whether Stewart starts or not.  I'd hate to see McIntosh dropped.  He needs a run of games.   Normal managerial strategy is to stick to a winning team.

Although McIntosh has performed very well, I think Stewart if fit gets his place back.

15 hours ago, Frank_Grimes said:

Agree to an extent regarding not changing a winning team but for me Stewart gives us something else going forward. Would have him back in.

I was only surmising what I think the manager may do whilst lamenting McIntosh being the fall guy.   Stewart, Ferguson and  Gorman all took a few months to fully settle and become genuine 1st teamers and McIntosh is in that process now.  Dropping him will set him back, we need to give him at least another month regardless of any errors to truly "blood" him.   

With Stewart being so versatile he could easily replace anyone in defence, midfield or wing who is needing pressured and rebuild from there.

I was only surmising what I think the manager may do whilst lamenting McIntosh being the fall guy.   Stewart, Ferguson and  Gorman all took a few months to fully settle and become genuine 1st teamers and McIntosh is in that process now.  Dropping him will set him back, we need to give him at least another month regardless of any errors to truly "blood" him.   

With Stewart being so versatile he could easily replace anyone in defence, midfield or wing who is needing pressured and rebuild from there.

How many games would you say he would need to play before he's truly bedded into the team.

From what I can see he's started 12 games so far this season.

So how many more does he need

Archived