Armadale thistle

Daleman

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Biggest I've been in there was v. Rob Roy in the cup a few years ago and the play off against Broughty. I'm  sure the Broughty game was given as 1600, or am I imagining that?

Broughty game roughly 600 midweek play off .  Potential for decent crowds in junior football (all non league football) if clubs improve facilities and look at alternative kick offs like the friday evenings tried succesfully by a few clubs . Also a need for transparency from clubs . Armadale are improving steadilly on and off the park with a strong support within the town for the club . 

Biggest I've been in there was v. Rob Roy in the cup a few years ago and the play off against Broughty. I'm  sure the Broughty game was given as 1600, or am I imagining that?

The Broughty game was 600 for a mid week game Auchinleck game was just short of 4000.The volley holds the record attendance for a game in West Lothian 12000 against Broxburn in a Scottish Junior Cup quarter final around 1954.

Great potential at the dale .the committee are commited to improving facilities at the volley .if only people would listen to the people working hard at volunteer park and the vision they have .maybe just maybe the dale will fullfill their potential . The proof as they say is in the pudding . Pop down to volunteer park .

On 28/12/2018 at 19:50, Vollyman said:

The Broughty game was 600 for a mid week game Auchinleck game was just short of 4000.The volley holds the record attendance for a game in West Lothian 12000 against Broxburn in a Scottish Junior Cup quarter final around 1954.

There were 11400 at Albyn Park in Broxburn in March 1951 for a 6th round Scottish cup tie V Kilsyth Rangers so maybe it was Broxburn fans who helped set your record. Was Bo'ness not in West Lothian at that time as I am pretty certain that they had some even larger crowds in that era?

There were 11400 at Albyn Park in Broxburn in March 1951 for a 6th round Scottish cup tie V Kilsyth Rangers so maybe it was Broxburn fans who helped set your record. Was Bo'ness not in West Lothian at that time as I am pretty certain that they had some even larger crowds in that era?

At that time Broxburn, Armadale and Bo’ness carried huge support. Bo’ness were beaten 1-0 at Newton Park by Ashfield before a huge crowd the week before the Armadale v Broxburn game. Armadale lost to Kilsyth Rangers in the semi-final after a replay both games played at Ibrox with attendances around 25000 for both games. Kilsyth went on to win the cup.

Draw today at lochore .probably fair result .dale best team in first half .out muscled second half by lochore who created a few good chances .lochore number 6 tried his best to get sent off with 3 terrible tackles and a deliberate hand ball . Decent entertainment on a baltic fife afternoon . Next week home game to harthill royal will be a big test of character against a strong streetwise royal side . 

• 2 weeks later...
:lol::lol: Not my fault you cant handle the fact nobody cares about your club.

We care but do not have illusions of granduer like your lot Barry is a disaster you made the Lowland League before the good teams like Linlithgow,Bonnyrigg and Bo’ness were involved in the EOS your at not in the same class as top Junior teams cash does not mean success when did you last win a game of football.

23 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

We care but do not have illusions of granduer like your lot Barry is a disaster you made the Lowland League before the good teams like Linlithgow,Bonnyrigg and Bo’ness were involved in the EOS your at not in the same class as top Junior teams cash does not mean success when did you (Kelty) last win a game of football.

Today v Camelon?

And why would it matter that those teams weren't in the EOS last season - Kelty beat them on their way to the Superleague the previous season...

You should probably stick to worrying about Livingston with their two games in hand.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, man in the jar said:

Passed by the Volley this morning.  Looking really well in  the Armadale summer sun.

Been a lot of work done over last 5 or 6 years in changing areas etc .but with asbestos removal and new roof , now the new toilet block under construction and work to east terracing ready to start the place is slowly getting its character back . Pitch has also underwent a lot of remedial works . Looking forward to the new season .