Strachan remains

Gutted that Strachan is staying, just shows that his media pals rallying around him has worked. Spineless decision making at the SFA who obviously bought his sales pitch about him being the new Joachim Lowe (can just see him lecturing the cretins and them having to put their hands up to ask a question). Concerning that a manager has the ability to decide his own fate due to the weak characters around him at the SFA. 

This guy has had his chance, poor team choices, results, tactics and an absolute unshakeable, and misgiven, belief in his own ego and ability (which has been questionable for the last couple of years) and along with McGhee has treated the fans and media like dribbling idiots. Have no interest in the Slovenia game now, most of the fans have been lost and we'll be in the same position come March. This whole 'we cannot get anyone better' just shows that we have come to accept mediocrity in Scottish football, a new manager may not have made us France but would have at least got the fans back on board and injected fresh ideas into the team. 

Sad thing is we actually have a handful of players (McGinn, Burke, McCormack, Tierney, Griffiths) who are worth the admission fee but rarely get the opportunity. 

Another 4 months wasted...... :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strachan's whole attitude when it comes to the media is wrong. His dry personality and wee funny(not imo) one liners might be funny for the armchair fans but when people like myself and many others on this board are investing our hard earned and arranging work and holidays around the games then it really boils my pish.

His behaviour during the Malta interview was nothing short of scandalous, whether he has been there for 20 seconds or 20 minutes he has a duty to speak the paying public. This episode also raises questions about the SFA's media team, its up to the SFA media liaison officer or whatever self important title the give themselves to organise interviews and if he/she felt that Rodney was taken the proverbial then they would have stepped in but they didn't. Strachan is only the head boy in regards to the playing staff everyone else he is answerable to, or in my opinion that's how it should be. I'd like to think he was censured for bringing Scottish Football into disrepute.

In the lead up to the Lithuania game he refused to answer question posted on Twitter. We pay that obnoxious little küntz wages.

It's bang out of order the way he conducts himself. Instead of watching players who could maybe be on the fringes of the set up in the flesh he goes on BT or ITV for some pocket money.

He's not been good enough, simple as. It's one thing saying "who else is there" but keeping and rewarding a failure is not a valid reason not to change things

He's shameless.

If he had anything about him, he'd walk.

I have a lot of time for Strachan but even I'm amazed he's still in charge.

But surely your post doesn't follow logic. I'd have thought quitting would be a pretty weak character trait to have?

By all means blame the sfa for not sacking him, but he seems to be taking the approach that he got us into this particular predicament and he's going to do everything he can to keep going until he sorts it.

Anyone saying that he doesn't care is just clearly talking pish.

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

But surely your post doesn't follow logic. I'd have thought quitting would be a pretty weak character trait to have?

By all means blame the sfa for not sacking him, but he seems to be taking the approach that he got us into this particular predicament and he's going to do everything he can to keep going until he sorts it.

That's just rubbish.

It takes more courage and humility to admit to personal deficiencies and allow someone else the chance to do better.  That's not weakness.  It's self awareness and pride in how you conduct yourself.

Pig headed, self serving stubbornness is not the same thing as strength.

Of course the real scandal is that Strachan has any say at all, beyond being given the right to fall on his sword like Hodgson.

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Georgia away aside it was a decent effort with some good results and performances.

No it wasn't.  Failing to take anything from a below par Germany side, whilst other teams in the group took points off them.  Only taking 2 points from the Poland games when we could have taken much more.  Playing for a point in Ireland.

The Georgia result wasn't what stopped us qualifying.

Playing for a point in Ireland.

The Georgia result wasn't what stopped us qualifying.

We were delighted to lose 2-1 in Dortmund but we played well, the same could be said for the return at Hampden

Other countries have the belief they can go away and win where as we want to settle for "a point here, a point there, we can afford to lose there and hope ***** do us a favour" if you can't qualify on your own merits then you don't deserve to qualify at all

I have said this all along. In Dublin we were awful for the first 20 minutes but defended well then we came onto a game. The second half we were battering them and it was only a matter of time before we got a second, he bottled it and took Naismith or Maloney off for Berra so he could sit in

I think I was the only person in Dublin who was disappointed at result, I was told I was negative and it was folk with my attitude that we needed to get rid off!!

The "Fück off James McCarthy" and "In Gord We Trust" brigade with there match badges and glengarrys were celebrating at full time as though it was a victory. To settle for a draw against your closest challengers is a terrible attitude to have

Don't even get me started on the applause at full time in Tbilisi never mind the wanqers at full time in Faro

We are nation of complete losers and the Tartan Army deserve everything we get

Or another take on this could be.

Ok SFA members. We accept your belief that Strachan and Co. can get us out of this mess and into 2nd place and we will accept that with honour should they achieve it.

However if he fails and we finish 4th or well off the pace then not only should he and ALL his backroom team go, but every single one of the SFA committee from top to bottom should hand their blazers and ties in, From Regan , to Petrie every single one of them should go without so much as a whimper.

However we all know that Strachan will fail and they wont bat an eyelid.

A shameful bunch.

We were delighted to lose 2-1 in Dortmund but we played well, the same could be said for the return at Hampden

Other countries have the belief they can go away and win where as we want to settle for "a point here, a point there, we can afford to lose there and hope ***** do us a favour" if you can't qualify on your own merits then you don't deserve to qualify at all

I have said this all along. In Dublin we were awful for the first 20 minutes but defended well then we came onto a game. The second half we were battering them and it was only a matter of time before we got a second, he bottled it and took Naismith or Maloney off for Berra so he could sit in

I think I was the only person in Dublin who was disappointed at result, I was told I was negative and it was folk with my attitude that we needed to get rid off!!

The "Fück off James McCarthy" and "In Gord We Trust" brigade with there match badges and glengarrys were celebrating at full time as though it was a victory. To settle for a draw against your closest challengers is a terrible attitude to have

Don't even get me started on the applause at full time in Tbilisi never mind the wanqers at full time in Faro

We are nation of complete losers and the Tartan Army deserve everything we get

This is an example of an easily made but actually pretty weak point.

The idea that if only we wanted it more, demanded more, pushed for more, refused to settle - then it will happen?

We're all losers and deserve everything we get? What are you talking about? Folk follow Scotland for many different reasons, but to be on the winning side is not one of them. They don't celebrate failure at all, they simply refuse to allow defeat to spoil the whole fucking process.

What kind of arsehole would you be if you followed your team abroad, only to get yourself into a flaming rage or depressing spiral of unhappiness every time we lost?

And James McCarthy can f**k right off, he's a c**t.

James McCarthy was absolutely correct to turn his back on Scotland.

The buffoons running Scotland were told time and time again about him when he first started out at Hamilton. He was ignored because he was playing for such a small club. Ireland swooped and the rest is history.

I find it hilarious how much seethe he brings out of the Tartan Army.

James McCarthy was absolutely correct to turn his back on Scotland.

The buffoons running Scotland were told time and time again about him when he first started out at Hamilton. He was ignored because he was playing for such a small club. Ireland swooped and the rest is history.

I find it hilarious how much seethe he brings out of the Tartan Army.

My country isn't picking me so I'm going to take the huff and play for another country?

He's a c**t.

On 17/11/2016 at 23:39, pandarilla said:

I'm sure he threw in the towel at Middlesbrough when he knew he was out of his depth, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Going on that 'logic' I thought he would have quit.

He probably cares more than anyone, but he doesn't have the ability, the tools or the right employer to do anything to change it.

I'm sure he threw in the towel at Middlesbrough when he knew he was out of his depth, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Going on that 'logic' I thought he would have quit.

He probably cares more than anyone, but he doesn't have the ability, the tools or the right employer to do anything to change it.

Yeah I think you're right, he did seem to quit at boro.

I think he genuinely believes he can turn it round. He's not just stealing a wage for the sake of it.

It's up to the sfa to sack him.

Genuine question. Do you think the sfa are aware of the anger and mood amongst the fans? Or do they think most fans are willing to give him more time?

Do they think the public are with them or are they taking a principled stance that they think it's worth giving the manager time?

Or are they just skint (as Tom English says)?

The horrible wee ginger c**t is staying to force the sfa to sack him that way he gets a pay off,   but the sfa blazers are so money orientated these days they would rather let him run down his contract and continue to get stuffed on the pitch to save a few bob.  This is the fucking mentality of the people who run our game is f**k the results let's just make money

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah I think you're right, he did seem to quit at boro.

I think he genuinely believes he can turn it round. He's not just stealing a wage for the sake of it.

It's up to the sfa to sack him.

Genuine question. Do you think the sfa are aware of the anger and mood amongst the fans? Or do they think most fans are willing to give him more time?

Do they think the public are with them or are they taking a principled stance that they think it's worth giving the manager time?

Or are they just skint (as Tom English says)?

I think the SFA are that arrogant, they don't care what the fans think.

I'd be genuinely surprised if they are skint mind.

The whole James McCarthy episode, is just another damning episode in the failures of the SFA.

Any Tartan Army member that gets their knickers in a twist about it, needs to take a good look at themselves.

Take their ire out on SFA and Scotland management team for failing to act, not on the guy.

IMO I don't think he's that great tbh.

Archived