International Men's Day 2016

banana

On Saturday 19th November.

After pwning misandrist simpletons like Jess Phillips MP last year to have IMD recognised and debated in parliament as happens with IWD, Philip Davies MP has succeeded this year in bringing the debate to the main chamber of the house today. Equality on that point, finally!

Possible topics for discussion along gender inequality in law/policy and other lines include:

• Suicide rates
  • Life expectancy
  • Gender-specific health funding
  • Homelessness rates
  • Educational attainment
  • Father's rights
  • Divorce rights
  • Reproductive rights
  • Infant male genital mutilation
  • Sentencing and other criminal justice gaps
  • Domestic abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Sexual assault law
  • Anonymity in sexual assault cases
  • Workplace deaths
  • Quota discrimination in government, business and education
  • Low numbers of male primary school teachers
  • Negative media and educational portrayal/demonisation of boys and men
  • ...and the vast difference in gender-specific support, services and awareness on all these and other issues

Watch live here: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Commons

My work are having senior managers give talks about being a good male role model as part of IMD.

I'm not sure if they are doing them in my office but I'll be avoiding them like the fucking plague.  In fact, a dose of the plague would be preferable.

My work are having senior managers give talks about being a good male role model as part of IMD.

I'm not sure if they are doing them in my office but I'll be avoiding them like the fucking plague.  In fact, a dose of the plague would be preferable.

Agreed, this shit shouldn't be forced in the workplace, whether about men or women.

Sounds like yours though might be more of the same battering on how men should and shouldn't behave, 'toxic masculinity' and such bullshit.

1 hour ago, banana said:

Agreed, this shit shouldn't be forced in the workplace, whether about men or women.

Sounds like yours though might be more of the same battering on how men should and shouldn't behave, 'toxic masculinity' and such bullshit.

I doubt they'd talk in those terms, my work are actually really positive about this sort of thing.  It's not really me though.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

So is this steak and blowjob day or is it something different?

This Saturdays not a good day for me to have mens day. The wife is nightshift so I will miss out on going to Somerset Park and any potential drinking session to follow in order to look after my young bambino. Can we change it please?

You wont see your team lose at least :)

15 hours ago, banana said:

On Saturday 19th November.

After pwning misandrist simpletons like Jess Phillips MP last year to have IMD recognised and debated in parliament as happens with IWD, Philip Davies MP has succeeded this year in bringing the debate to the main chamber of the house today. Equality on that point, finally!

Possible topics for discussion along gender inequality in law/policy and other lines include:

• Suicide rates
  • Life expectancy
  • Gender-specific health funding
  • Homelessness rates
  • Educational attainment
  • Father's rights
  • Divorce rights
  • Reproductive rights
  • Infant male genital mutilation
  • Sentencing and other criminal justice gaps
  • Domestic abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Sexual assault law
  • Anonymity in sexual assault cases
  • Workplace deaths
  • Quota discrimination in government, business and education
  • Low numbers of male primary school teachers
  • Negative media and educational portrayal/demonisation of boys and men
  • ...and the vast difference in gender-specific support, services and awareness on all these and other issues

Watch live here: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Commons

The problem with men is that all these things can be fixed with a good w**k.

Archived