Investment

In your opinion,

Will there ever be a time where clubs outside of the Old Firm will ever be on a level playing field as the big two financially?

i know that'll never happen through ticket sales and Merchandise But will there be another romanov (slightly less insane) to come in and give a team a platform to improve and properly challenge for the league?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In your opinion,

Will there ever be a time where clubs outside of the Old Firm will ever be on a level playing field as the big two financially?

i know that'll never happen through ticket sales and Merchandise But will there be another romanov (slightly less insane) to come in and give a team a platform to improve and properly challenge for the league?

You forgot about the Motherwell guy, he came after Romanov but it didn't end well.

In your opinion,

Not without that club subsequently going bust

Let's say I win the Euromillions on Friday and incest my hundred million on so into the Pars. I'd have to get them up, win the title, secure Champions League football for several years in a row and qualify for the group stages and hope that whichever team gets into the Europa League alongside us helps the coefficient enough that we start getting two into the Champions League or get straight into a group stage of either tournament and then keep that going for a good few years to make sure that when the money I put in ran out or I died then the club wouldn't pretty much do a Rangers and have to form a new club and start again. So in short, no. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Let's say I win the Euromillions on Friday and incest my hundred million on so into the Pars. I'd have to get them up, win the title, secure Champions League football for several years in a row and qualify for the group stages and hope that whichever team gets into the Europa League alongside us helps the coefficient enough that we start getting two into the Champions League or get straight into a group stage of either tournament and then keep that going for a good few years to make sure that when the money I put in ran out or I died then the club wouldn't pretty much do a Rangers and have to form a new club and start again. So in short, no. 

Win money and automatically think of incest? :lol:

It's quite amusing the op has asked if any team will ever close the gap on the bigots with investment.

Rangers already rely heavily on investment to stop being a diddy like the rest of us.

If they can't get it they just find new ways like not paying pesky PAYE or NI, a good old EBT or you can always screw over your creditors with a CVA.

I feel the other diddies need to get creative with closing the gap on Celtic the same way Rangers did.

Who needs to spend millions on players?

It would have been a natural progression had we been able to push on from finishing third and winning the Scottish Cup. We certainly would have won the league last season had Yogi managed to keep hold of Marley Watkins and fend of the pesky sheep from taking our then Captain and Scotland's best left back Graeme Shinnie of us. Ryan Christie might also have put of for a year joining Celtic knowing he was going to play a central role in winning the title instead of bench warming for a bigger but inferior team.

Not sure if the OP means long term investment or short term financial injection

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Wrong

In what way? John Boyle took over long before Romanov was here so your first part is wrong, and he stepped down in the middle of a run of appearing in Europe 7 years out of 8 including becoming the only non-OF club other than Hearts to make a Champions League appearance, and during the first season of finishing 2nd in the league 3 years running, so I'd say it ended pretty well and your second part is also wrong.

Unless Desp is right and you're talking about Les Hutchinson who was barely even an owner let along an investor, and merely a conduit to fan-ownership.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

In what way? John Boyle took over long before Romanov was here so your first part is wrong, and he stepped down in the middle of a run of appearing in Europe 7 years out of 8 including becoming the only non-OF club other than Hearts to make a Champions League appearance, and during the first season of finishing 2nd in the league 3 years running, so I'd say it ended pretty well and your second part is also wrong.

Unless Desp is right and you're talking about Les Hutchinson who was barely even an owner let along an investor, and merely a conduit to fan-ownership.

I was talking about Craigy Whyte the Motherwell billionaire who killed Rangers.

Can only assume pictures aren't loading for you.  

ETA - Apology accepted in advance :P

8 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

In your opinion,

Financially, we have more money than Rangers as it is. 

If you mean, "when will the other clubs spend multiples of money they borrow from the banks every year and plunge it into the abyss never to be seen again", then I think you'll be waiting a while.

Archived