The second worst accent in Scotland?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that you sound like David Cameron.

Scottish people using slang words shocker...

No.

And "Twa", "Seevin" and "Eleeven" in that context would not be slang, it would fall under colloquialism.

7 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

Anything east of easter house is horrendous. Anything north of Springburn. And the total embarrassing bunch of border thicko's. Basically if you don't have a West coast accent you are a bumpkin

To cultured ears like mine, or Kool Keith/Pete/Billy/Joe's, anything west of Currie is an abomination. 

Edited by Shandon Par

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Ayrshire accent is easily the worst for me.  It's like a Weegie accent but they don't want to be called a Weegie so inexplicably change the pronunciation of some words.

"Feeneeshed". 

tumblr_inline_mn7ttqfzDh1qz4rgp.gif

Not in my name. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The worst accent is the fishing villages on the way to Aberdeen, the likes of Buckie and Portsoy etc. Full of potential serial killers.

2nd worst is Glasgow Ned

3rd is the whiny posh Edinburgh accent that birds at Uni use.

poor guy.

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

You should watch Limmy. "That accent" is clearly the worst. Followed by the roasters in parts of Ayrshire who use words like "Twa", "Seeven" and "Eleevin" when counting.

This.

Theres a lassie at Uni who has a brutal Ayrshire accent, its fucking murder

54 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

Anything east of easter house is horrendous. Anything north of Springburn. And the total embarrassing bunch of border thicko's. Basically if you don't have a West coast accent you are a bumpkin

We need to build a wall at the far end of Balerno. 

Can someone explain what a Dundee accent sounds like? I used to knock about there 10 years ago and always just assumed it was thick east coast, much like leith and much of Fife, since living on the east coast I wouldn't be able to tell if someone was from Dundee if I met them.

18 minutes ago, throbber said:

Can someone explain what a Dundee accent sounds like? I used to knock about there 10 years ago and always just assumed it was thick east coast, much like leith and much of Fife, since living on the east coast I wouldn't be able to tell if someone was from Dundee if I met them.

My - meh

Pie - peh

fiver - fehver

everyone - ah beh dee

and so on. I actually like the Dundee accent.