The Grand Tour

jimmy boo

I've been loving the radio adverts for the new series. Having Clarkson, May, Hammond saying to each other "you're a complete *******", and having the offending word drowned out by an engine revving is top top banter, and in no way reinforces any prejudices I might have that it's desperately lame and tragic stuff.

Stuck the first episode of the new series on last night.  I've not watched any of it since the second or third episode of series one, as I thought it was pretty shite.

I see they've ditched all pretense of it being anything other than Top Gear on a different channel, which I'm not saying is a bad thing.  At one point Clarkson even referenced something that they'd done on TG.

Watched the two part Columbia trek and I enjoyed it as well. If the rest of season 3 is this good it will easily be the best from The Grand Tour I reckon.

Very much felt like one of their top gear specials. No over the top stunts or that. Just some amazing scenery and a couple of chuckles.

Between Clarksons description of Pablo Escobar & Maya vote Brexit sticker I was laughing.

This is turning out to be a decent series, if the rest of the episodes are as good as the first three then it will be a treat, the episode when the car parts are air dropped looks good, but will never beat them in Knockhill.

21 hours ago, Adam101 said:

This is turning out to be a decent series, if the rest of the episodes are as good as the first three then it will be a treat, the episode when the car parts are air dropped looks good, but will never beat them in Knockhill.

Knockhill?

6 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
10 hours ago, Adam101 said:
When they build the Caterham faster than the stig driving one up from the factory.

I must've missed that one!

Sadly its not on Netflix but this is it - 

Really enjoyed these first three episodes. Ditched all the chaff like the celeb chat to just focus on cars in ep1 and the Colombia two parter was a good watch. Even my daughter who is a posh wee eco warrior type laughed all the way through and asked if there were any more episodes. Colombia is spectacular.