The Grand Tour

jimmy boo

Watching the latest episode where the tent is at the top end of Loch Ness. Ashamed to say that the audience is the ugliest I've ever seen, and still no hint of them doing the North 500. Not enough road trips in the new series, they're too lazy.

Need to attempt watching that episode again. Fell asleep watching it the other night. Good shout for North 500 though. It would surely be a better episode than that two part beach buggies one was.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Need to attempt watching that episode again. Fell asleep watching it the other night. Good shout for North 500 though. It would surely be a better episode than that two part beach buggies one was.

This is the new one, kept the tent there for another week.

Watched the final episode there, probably one of the better episodes and didn't have that annoying American guy in it. 

Have to say the entire thing has been a bit of a let down. I was expecting big things after the first episode but there was far too many bad episodes. Hopefully they'll improve it for the next series.

Whole series has been a bit meh, not bad enough not to watch though. Some dreadful episodes, like the double one driving up and down a few miles of beach in Namibia. Not making use of locations either, like tonight's episode only doing a drag race instead of heading out to the desert highways with the hyper cars/van, and being too lazy to do the North 500 while the tent was at Loch Ness for 2 episodes ffs. Nearly all the filmed segments were done in the South of England near where they live, and they clearly can't be arsed doing long road trips anymore, however contrived the competition elements were. The interaction with the audience has gone down to near zero, which is a shame given the different locations. Basically they're a trio of overpaid lazy cunts who know they can get away with it because morons like me will keep watching. 

• 9 months later...
Are any of the episodes just pure road trip nonsense?
I have zero interest in cars in any way, shape or form, but despite myself I quite enjoy the idiot abroad element.  

There is a few of them.

I went back and rewatched them recently, the reviews were okay, but it looked like they didn’t know what to do without the BBC keeping a leash on them.

Hopefully they’ve sorted it out and improved what had to be done.

30 minutes ago, mizfit said:

There is a few of them.

I went back and rewatched them recently, the reviews were okay, but it looked like they didn’t know what to do without the BBC keeping a leash on them.

Hopefully they’ve sorted it out and improved what had to be done.

There was one awful one where they were supposed to race to the Alps but the weather was a bit shit so they had a boring thing in a Channel container port instead. Something like that anyway.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What are they on?

Covenant (Kodi) and Terrarium app. There are four series from Australia....2008 to 2011. One series from America this year with Tom Ford who previously presented 5th Gear when he was double his size. (Not to be confused with the previous incarnation TG USA) 

There is a one off when the Aussies came to the UK and took on Clarkson, May and Hammond in an Ashes special. I eventually found that on Youtube.

First season was ok, but nothing on peak Top Gear of yesteryear. 
Will give the second season a watch but my hopes aren't high.

I actually could have enjoyed the Grand Tour as much as Top Gear if they’d just extend the road trip movies and car features etc and cut out the shite studio bits like Celebrity Brain Crash.

I actually could have enjoyed the Grand Tour as much as Top Gear if they’d just extend the road trip movies and car features etc and cut out the shite studio bits like Celebrity Brain Crash.

Yeah I can’t help but feel that they wanted something to fill the star in a car segment but couldn’t work out what was the best route.

I’d like to see them do something different like driving across Siberia or something but I doubt they will.

Yeah I can’t help but feel that they wanted something to fill the star in a car segment but couldn’t work out what was the best route.

I’d like to see them do something different like driving across Siberia or something but I doubt they will.

Yeah, that segment is apparently a dig at the BBC’s attempts to stop them interviewing celebrity guests and regurgitate the star in a reasonably priced car bit.