The Grand Tour

jimmy boo

This one was decent. Don't think I could bear to watch another minute of banter on Top Gear, it's unbearably artificial. Which it is on the Grand Tour but they're better at pretending.

This one was decent. Don't think I could bear to watch another minute of banter on Top Gear, it's unbearably artificial. Which it is on the Grand Tour but they're better at pretending.

The bit with the wee Citroen was quite entertaining in that they rarely do stuff with small engined, affordable for Joe Public motors. I have the exact same traction control system in my van and can confirm it does work well off-road as shown.

If that wee Citroen moving that ship without any assistance was infact real, then that's quite impressive. Everytime I see the Alps on Top Gear or The Grand Tour, the more I want to go there on a driving holiday. Absolutely stunning views.
Indeed. I still wouldn't take a Citroen though[emoji1]

Enjoyed the 1st part about the Ferrari Testarossa and Lamborghini Countach. Loved these two cars when I was younger but always favoured the Lambo. The track test times were a bit misleading as the track was clearly wet and both would have favoured alot better on a dry lap. The hot hatch comparison was quite good as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Great episode. I thought that was the final one for some reason but I see there's another next week.
Never knew that. Would have been a good way to go out. I hope they have something special lined up for next week to end it. That's the last series they're doing , isn't it? I'm sure I read that but not sure if it was just speculation or been confirmed?[emoji848]

30 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Never knew that. Would have been a good way to go out. I hope they have something special lined up for next week to end it. That's the last series they're doing , isn't it? I'm sure I read that but not sure if it was just speculation or been confirmed?emoji848.png

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a25578807/the-grand-tour-renewed-series-4-major-format-changes/

It's coming back, but specials only. 

On 17/03/2019 at 11:21, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Enjoyed the 1st part about the Ferrari Testarossa and Lamborghini Countach. Loved these two cars when I was younger but always favoured the Lambo. The track test times were a bit misleading as the track was clearly wet and both would have favoured alot better on a dry lap. 

The two cars belong to Harry Metcalfe (of Harry’s Garage). I think they can also be seen as part of the Top Gear set too. He has done some decent videos of him taking them on long trips (took the Testatossa to the Sahara!).

Good last episode and the tent and audience won't be much of a loss, since the Grand Tour started the audience have had zero role anyway. Hope they still do the odd documentary type programme mixed in with the big adventure ones. The latest Top Gear series have shown how hard it is to create artificial banter, like the early days of Clarkson, Hammond and May. Hopefully Top Gear switch to something more like 5th Gear instead of stubbornly trying to duplicate the pre Grand Tour days, it just doesn't work.