The Grand Tour

jimmy boo

On 17/11/2017 at 16:47, BullyweeClyde said:

They've got rid of 'The American' and Celebrity Brain Crash this season which is decent. Replacing Brain Crash with celebrities trying to drive around in half a car which  sounds like it could just be another pointless bit though

It cannot possibly be worse than having "celebrities" getting "killed" every week, a joke which wasn't funny the first week let alone by the end of the series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed that opening episode a lot.  Clarkson and May are really showing their age now,  Clarkson especially.  Hammond needs to stop dying his hair and beard.  Who is he trying to kid? :lol: The chemistry's still there though and I'd rather watch these three old men than the much younger team on Top Gear, not that they're particulary  bad or anything, just don't find them as entertaining.  How Hammond managed to come away from that crash relatively unscathed is a miracle. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Thought that was quite good actually

Pretty good with old style race and a wee pitch for better travel arrangements for wheelchair users. Have taken my Mum on holidays a couple of times and the staff training and communication was abysmal. Think it's maybe a bit too long, an hour would do.

Were we supposed to know who the new test driver is? I've not followed the revamped Top Gear,  so i thought it was Sabine Schmitz (having been hired & fired by Top Gear post Chris Evans). That's why there wasn't a proper introduction for her or a nickname, turns out its someone called Abbie Eaton.

On 12/16/2017 at 18:36, FairWeatherFan said:

Were we supposed to know who the new test driver is? I've not followed the revamped Top Gear,  so i thought it was Sabine Schmitz (having been hired & fired by Top Gear post Chris Evans). That's why there wasn't a proper introduction for her or a nickname, turns out its someone called Abbie Eaton.

Wid! 

Abbie Eaton stars as the test driver in The Grand Tour's second series

Enjoyed episode two as well. The new Ford GT looks stunning. It would look even better without the white racing stripe though.

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Wid! 

Abbie Eaton stars as the test driver in The Grand Tour's second series

Enjoyed episode two as well. The new Ford GT looks stunning. It would look even better without the white racing stripe though.

The GT40 has had a stripe since it's introduction in 1964 so it would seem Ford have no intention of ditching that tradition.

• 3 weeks later...