Pollok v Talbot

Talbot Bing

The 'disparaging stuff' on this thread about Talbot support began with a dig at what support Pollok will bring next week.

Would be interesting to see in the West what the biggest league attendance for each team is each season and who it's against.

Would bet we are mentioned in the more than Talbot. Unfortunately most teams don't announce their figures.

In fact I recall a Glenafton supporter last season comment that our game was their biggest crowd - and Glenafton V Pollok isn't a derby match !!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 'disparaging stuff' on this thread about Talbot support began with a dig at what support Pollok will bring next week.

Would be interesting to see in the West what the biggest league attendance for each team is each season and who it's against.

Would bet we are mentioned in the more than Talbot. Unfortunately most teams don't announce their figures.

In fact I recall a Glenafton supporter last season comment that our game was their biggest crowd - and Glenafton V Pollok isn't a derby match !!

It wasn't a dig SP just factual

Unfortunately I am of an age that I can remember when most clubs had a reasonable support week in week out - I am sure that part of the reason for that was because it was far more local in those days - e.g North and South Ayrshire, Central 1, 2 and 3  - however there is no doubt that attendances are in decline across the board no matter who the team is or how good they are.

Correct southerner ,what does it matter who has the biggest home support or the biggest away support ,ffs its Junior football and we watch it home and away because we want to so please put the calculaters away and talk FOOTBALL

So I missed this thread haha, not sure what the problem is?? Was a split gate and we get to do it again, win win this early in the cup, Hope its a good crowd. first time I've seen the drum guy, those folk with the flags were dancing away most the game and added a bit to the occasion even though there was only a couple of them. Would like us to have similar though I'm sure there are those who wouldn't haha. Also enjoy the pre match music at Pollok.  

Any plans to upgrade/build more toilets at the park?  ...managed to turn this into a ground review.. haha. Agree with Chris that the Ref had a good game, got pretty much everything spot on imo and wouldn't mind if it's him Saturday coming. as one lok man said 'you would say that,he was feert to give anything that wasn't Talbots way'  hah

5 hours ago, superpollok said:

Pollok have a very good support, they now also travel and I'm sure will bring a fair amount next week. As for Glenafton, well they are none to keen on Talbot so would take what they say with a pinch of salt. Was at the league game earlier in the season and Talbot clearly outnumbered the home support. There are some Talbot regulars refuse to go to Loch Park because of some shenanigans a few seasons back. 

Factual - can you see the future?

Factual - newlandsfield for tie v Hurlford had 300 more people. The away team support created that increase in attendance compared to yesterday..

Was that not Quarter/Semi final stage? Probably the reason for the extra interest my man. What do I know though [emoji56]

10 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Was that not Quarter/Semi final stage? Probably the reason for the extra interest my man. What do I know though emoji56.png

The notion that the 300 extra fans were all Hurlford is unlikely in the extreme as they just don't pull out those numbers. That game was a semi final return leg, on a fairly nice spring day where I'm sure many more neutrals would have attended. Both Talbot and Pollok have very decent supports, saying Hurlford, of all teams had more at Newlandsfield than Talbot brought on Saturday based on the attendance being higher is about as plausible as Trumps Mexican border wall. This, and the Beith guy's tuppence worth, is just a spurious dig at Talbot by some roasters. Newlandsfield is a very good venue for the neutral fan, great location, quite central and cracking wee stadium. This depending on certain senior teams being on duty or not would, I imagine, also be a factor as to the crowds at this venue. For the record I thought both clubs were very well represented on Saturday, as you would expect. The last time the two met at this venue in the Scottish was 1985 and there was around 5000, but a different era and much later on in the tournament, plus a great day weather wise.  Those were the days though, but we now have so much more to compete with in attracting fans, Pollok and Talbot seem to be addressing this better than most even if they now can't get the numbers of the 1980s.!

The notion that the 300 extra fans were all Hurlford is unlikely in the extreme as they just don't pull out those numbers. That game was a semi final return leg, on a fairly nice spring day where I'm sure many more neutrals would have attended. Both Talbot and Pollok have very decent supports, saying Hurlford, of all teams had more at Newlandsfield than Talbot brought on Saturday based on the attendance being higher is about as plausible as Trumps Mexican border wall. This, and the Beith guy's tuppence worth, is just a spurious dig at Talbot by some roasters. Newlandsfield is a very good venue for the neutral fan, great location, quite central and cracking wee stadium. This depending on certain senior teams being on duty or not would, I imagine, also be a factor as to the crowds at this venue. For the record I thought both clubs were very well represented on Saturday, as you would expect. The last time the two met at this venue in the Scottish was 1985 and there was around 5000, but a different era and much later on in the tournament, plus a great day weather wise.  Those were the days though, but we now have so much more to compete with in attracting fans, Pollok and Talbot seem to be addressing this better than most even if they now can't get the numbers of the 1980s.!

Aye say that again [emoji23]

On 20/11/2016 at 12:52, Isabel Goudie said:

My good man, that is complete and utter consummate rubbish. I put on a post from a neutral that completely rubbished that statement the last time you came up with this. You are clearly envious and are willing to post anything to discredit Talbot. The Pollok guy is clearly suffering from the same green eyed monster to even consider that Hurlford could even muster anything like Talbot's crowd yesterday. BTW, I was at the Linlithgow tie and you are displaying the same inability to have anything approach an impartial judgment, you see what you want to the truth to be. I'm sure there is a phsycological name for it

Wind-upochosis,Isa?  :huh:

Archived