Pollok v Talbot

Talbot Bing

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tremendous cup tie. Pollok came close to taking an early lead when Allan McKenzie came close from around 6yds.
Talbot took a firm grip of the game, & a couple of decent free kicks from Graham Wilson, & Mark Shankland brought out the best in Pollok goalie Jordan Longmuir.
Graham Wilson gave Talbot the lead in the 2nd half,when he got himself between Pollok central defenders Ross McCabe, & Paul Gallacher & coolly placed the ball into the Pollok net from around 6yds.
Pollok were doing well at this stage of the game & the classiest midfielder in the West Liam Rowan, grabbed an equaliser for Pollok when he brought a fine Pollok move to an end, by shooting high into the Talbot net from 16yds.
That ended the scoring, but the drama was only beginning, Talbot were awarded a penalty late in the game when Paul Gallacher grabbed Graham Wilson inside the penalty box. Graham was enjoying the game that much he blasted the spot kick high over the bar, to ensure a replay next Saturday. I'm looking forward to it already.

Decent summary of the game - only bit I would add, while Talbot took a grip of the first half Pollok still had the better changes. Winters 1 on 1 with a poor effort and then the breakaway that again winters ball to McKenzie was poor.

From a pollok point of view, we let too many crosses in to our box and while we defended most of them if you keep giving a good team chances to put the ball in the box then the will likely take one.

Credit though for how we fought back and created a good equaliser.

Decent summary of the game - only bit I would add, while Talbot took a grip of the first half Pollok still had the better changes. Winters 1 on 1 with a poor effort and then the breakaway that again winters ball to McKenzie was poor.

From a pollok point of view, we let too many crosses in to our box and while we defended most of them if you keep giving a good team chances to put the ball in the box then the will likely take one.

Credit though for how we fought back and created a good equaliser.

Talbot had the pollok attack contained. Winters had two chances but to be honest you had very little else. Game should have been put to bed for Talbot at the penalty

Talbot had the pollok attack contained. Winters had two chances but to be honest you had very little else. Game should have been put to bed for Talbot at the penalty

In the first half we had McKenzie chance in first minute from McCann cut back

Winters 1 on 1

Winter / McKenzie breakaway

McKenzie turn at edge of box that your keeper made a good safe from.

At the other end your best chance was the wide left player cutting inside and being one on one. The other saves from Longmuir were shots from outside the box

Not denying you had a lot of the ball and put a lot of balls in our box but you were mostly restricted to shots out the box.

Second half I don't think either keeper had any real saves of note - well that I can recall.

Agree Talbot should have won it with the penalty, when given a gift like that you need to take it - we have a second chance and hopefully get a dodgy penalty in return next week.

I couldn't tell if it was Tony, Sheldon or Murdie the ref spoke to.

Anyway whoever it was I am sure they were just checking the ref hadn't imagined an infringement at the penalty that would require a re take.

The Ref had a word with Tony.

Tremendous cup tie. Pollok came close to taking an early lead when Allan McKenzie came close from around 6yds.
Talbot took a firm grip of the game, & a couple of decent free kicks from Graham Wilson, & Mark Shankland brought out the best in Pollok goalie Jordan Longmuir.
Graham Wilson gave Talbot the lead in the 2nd half,when he got himself between Pollok central defenders Ross McCabe, & Paul Gallacher & coolly placed the ball into the Pollok net from around 6yds.
Pollok were doing well at this stage of the game & the classiest midfielder in the West Liam Rowan, grabbed an equaliser for Pollok when he brought a fine Pollok move to an end, by shooting high into the Talbot net from 16yds.
That ended the scoring, but the drama was only beginning, Talbot were awarded a penalty late in the game when Paul Gallacher grabbed Graham Wilson inside the penalty box. Graham was enjoying the game that much he blasted the spot kick high over the bar, to ensure a replay next Saturday. I'm looking forward to it already.

Have to take issue with your statement of Liam Rowan being the classiest midfielder. Your right with the Liam but McGuinness is far & away the best out there

Have to take issue with your statement of Liam Rowan being the classiest midfielder. Your right with the Liam but McGuinness is far & away the best out there

Don't compliment Mcginto too much, he likes a wee sneaky peak into this:blink:

I just can't fathom out why Pollok didn't lift their game until they lost a Goal? it was a cup tie and there they were playing at a snails pace,at home in the scottish.

If that had been my team playing like that and had gone out I would have been fizzin.

Game only really came to life in the second half imo and when it did it was pretty exciting stuff...... that ref made some real baffling decisions today....a guy in the crowd shouted "you got talbot on yer coupon ref" and tbh you could see where he was coming from.

Archived