Pollok v Talbot

Talbot Bing

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, energyzone said:

Do you have a record/list of the highest attendances since the turn of the millennium?

No, but I do have highs and lows from the times I was involved with the website:

1998-99 - low 270 (St. Anthony's, Sectional League Cup), high 2173 (Arthurlie, Scottish Junior Cup), average 691 (league 663) League Position: 8th
1999-00 - low 199 (Neilston, Sectional League Cup), high 897 (Neilston, League), average 619 (league 643) League Position: 2nd
2000-01 - low 252 (Petershill, League), high 974 (Rob Roy, Scottish Junior Cup), average 510 (league 526) League Position: 6th
2001-02 - low 368 (Renfrew, League), high 1001 (Tayport, Scottish Junior Cup), average 632 (league 624) League Position: 3rd
2002-03 - low 270 (St. Anthony's, Sectional League Cup), high 1132 (Arthurlie, Central League Cup), average 642 (league 717) League Position: 1st
2003-04 - low 240 (Maryhill, League), high 970 (Kilwinning Rangers, League), average 570 (league 581) League Position: 3rd
2004-05 - low 342 (Renfrew, Sectional League Cup), high 1477 (Renfrew, Scottish Junior Cup), average 663 (league 691) League Position: 1st
2005-06 - low 300 (Benburb, Sectional League Cup), high 1485 (Arthurlie, Scottish Junior Cup), average 615 (league 585) League Position: 3rd
2006-07 - low 286 (Lanark United, Central League Cup), high 1684 (Irvine Meadow, Scottish Junior Cup), average 555 (league 557) League Position: 1st
2007-08 - low 317 (Benburb, Sectional League Cup), high 1873 (Montrose, Scottish Cup), average 616 (league 565) League Position 1st
2008-09 - low 277 (St. Anthony's, Sectional League Cup), high 1480 (Clydebank, Scottish Junior Cup), average 650 (league 598) League Position: 2nd
2009-10 -
low 232 (Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, League), high 813 (Arthurlie, League), average 483 (league 507) League Position: 5th

On 11/16/2016 at 21:52, superpollok said:

Bizarrely there is an article on BBC news tonight that east Ayrshire is ranked worst in the U.K. for racist and homophobic tweets.

You could have knocked me off a tall building with a fiery cross when I saw that.

Talbot have never been a problem at Newlandsfield anytime I can remember. There is only a limited number of opponents that require police and stewards. Hope the SJFA are paying the bill!

Never seen any trouble at these fixtures. Maybe the SJFA got mixed up with the colours and thought we are Ladeside [emoji23]

To be honest Lok should have segregated fans at the Kilbirnie game so that the away support wasn't in any part of the enclosure.Have never seen trouble with Talbot at Newlandsfield however.

It was asked at the time but Pollok committee deemed it unnecessary anyway back to the game & if we weren't playing I would take this 1 in. Fancy it to be a tight match with either a draw or a narrow away victory

No, but I do have highs and lows from the times I was involved with the website:

1998-99 - low 270 (St. Anthony's, Sectional League Cup), high 2173 (Arthurlie, Scottish Junior Cup), average 691 (league 663) League Position: 8th
1999-00 - low 199 (Neilston, Sectional League Cup), high 897 (Neilston, League), average 619 (league 643) League Position: 2nd
2000-01 - low 252 (Petershill, League), high 974 (Rob Roy, Scottish Junior Cup), average 510 (league 526) League Position: 6th
2001-02 - low 368 (Renfrew, League), high 1001 (Tayport, Scottish Junior Cup), average 632 (league 624) League Position: 3rd
2002-03 - low 270 (St. Anthony's, Sectional League Cup), high 1132 (Arthurlie, Central League Cup), average 642 (league 717) League Position: 1st
2003-04 - low 240 (Maryhill, League), high 970 (Kilwinning Rangers, League), average 570 (league 581) League Position: 3rd
2004-05 - low 342 (Renfrew, Sectional League Cup), high 1477 (Renfrew, Scottish Junior Cup), average 663 (league 691) League Position: 1st
2005-06 - low 300 (Benburb, Sectional League Cup), high 1485 (Arthurlie, Scottish Junior Cup), average 615 (league 585) League Position: 3rd
2006-07 - low 286 (Lanark United, Central League Cup), high 1684 (Irvine Meadow, Scottish Junior Cup), average 555 (league 557) League Position: 1st
2007-08 - low 317 (Benburb, Sectional League Cup), high 1873 (Montrose, Scottish Cup), average 616 (league 565) League Position 1st
2008-09 - low 277 (St. Anthony's, Sectional League Cup), high 1480 (Clydebank, Scottish Junior Cup), average 650 (league 598) League Position: 2nd
2009-10 -
low 232 (Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, League), high 813 (Arthurlie, League), average 483 (league 507) League Position: 5th

Seems to be a pattern of the highs mainly are Scottish Cup games. Perhaps this will be this years highest?

2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

It was asked at the time but Pollok committee deemed it unnecessary anyway back to the game & if we weren't playing I would take this 1 in. Fancy it to be a tight match with either a draw or a narrow away victory

And the Lok Committee badly misjudged the potential for trouble at the fixture as there is no doubt that segregation should have been in place at that game.

And the Lok Committee badly misjudged the potential for trouble at the fixture as there is no doubt that segregation should have been in place at that game.

Sad state of affairs that a junior game needs segregation. Never needed to do it at a game I have attended and hopefully never will be put in place. Let clubs deal with their own idiots rather than punish everyone else.

25 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Sad state of affairs that a junior game needs segregation. Never needed to do it at a game I have attended and hopefully never will be put in place. Let clubs deal with their own idiots rather than punish everyone else.

I actually agree with this. Pollok Talbot fixtures at Newlandsfield, or Beechwood, have absolutely no history of any trouble. This tie is a Blue Ribbon Junior occasion where fans and clubs can revel in the occasion and make some money, both these things will now be adversely affected. No need!

I actually agree with your post in part that it shouldn't be needed . But if 1 club contacts another suggesting it be put in place then I would say they are attempting to deal with any problems they may have are they not? And the blame not wholly falls on the home club who refused the segregation

6 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

This is simply not true.

4 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

The Pollok Committee has discussed the issue of segregation on more than one occasion even though to the best of my knowledge (in recent times at least) there has been no request for it either from the SJFA or from any visiting club.

The layout at Newlandsfield would not lend itself to segregation of fans, even with a major security/police presence to enforce it.

There is only one set of turnstiles so fans would be queueing together and virtually impossible to separate once inside.

There is only covered area in case of inclement weather and toilet facilities are exceptionally limited.

Anyway, as has been said many times and in relation to this thread, there is no history of crowd trouble at Lok vs Bot games so it should not be not an issue for this fixture.

The Pollok Committee has discussed the issue of segregation on more than one occasion even though to the best of my knowledge (in recent times at least) there has been no request for it either from the SJFA or from any visiting club.

The layout at Newlandsfield would not lend itself to segregation of fans, even with a major security/police presence to enforce it.

There is only one set of turnstiles so fans would be queueing together and virtually impossible to separate once inside.

There is only covered area in case of inclement weather and toilet facilities are exceptionally limited.

Anyway, as has been said many times and in relation to this thread, there is no history of crowd trouble at Lok vs Bot games so it should not be not an issue for this fixture.

Yes it is

There are 3 exits from the park as far as I'm aware . It wouldn't be rocket science to convert 1 of them into a paybox for the day

Edited to say sorry for going over old ground & enjoy your game tomorrow whatever the result

11 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

There are 3 exits from the park as far as I'm aware . It wouldn't be rocket science to convert 1 of them into a paybox for the day

Trust me, this HAS been considered and, while not impossible, it's just totally impractical with a sizeable crowd. And as I've pointed out, entry/exits aren't the only issue.

11 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Edited to say sorry for going over old ground & enjoy your game tomorrow whatever the result

That is much appreciated thanks, hoping for a stonking big happy crowd and a good game with a fair result.

Archived