Pollok v Talbot

Talbot Bing

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Why U12s?

And because it's 'hardly shoulder to shoulder', clubs can and will charge. It's really not rocket science. You devalue the product - and it is a product as the clubs are businesses with paid employees, and people pay to watch - by giving it away.

Because over 12's are probably there to watch the game and not run about playing tig or crakin' for juice.

So by charging for wee tots that means that Junior football can be proud of what it achieves? Maybe it's going back to the fact that Pollok don't actually have a community mentality, but clubs exist as businesses because they service their clients well. By letting the weans in that's more likely to get the punter back for the next match and instill a common bond within the community.

As you said it's really not rocket science! 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we really arguing over £3.

Been watching Pollok and junior football since I was 7. Never when I was a kid did I get in for free at any ground.

My sons been going to home games from when he was born & away games in the last couple seasons & the only place he has paid at a league match was Newlandsfield the beginning of last season . Troon , Hurlford etc I offered to pay & they were adamant that he came in for free. He is 14 btw

Are we really arguing over £3.
Been watching Pollok and junior football since I was 7. Never when I was a kid did I get in for free at any ground.

By the power of deduction You're obviously of the generation where you have money in your pooch.

Am a bit older when I had next to fk all apart from a "piece in jam"

It probably why pollok don't have a community spirit in their support. Spoilt brats?

3 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

Do talbot have covers for the pitch, look at temps over the next few days the ground could be frozen

Covers were put down this morning at the dressing room end which tends to be more shaded.

By the power of deduction You're obviously of the generation where you have money in your pooch.

It probably why pollok don't have a community spirit in their support. Spoilt brats?

I am of a generation of any money I have is being fully earner and not a penny handed to me through any other means.

Also of a generation where you don't get things for free. If you attend any form of event sports, cinema, concert etc you expect to pay.

I am of a generation of any money I have is being fully earner and not a penny handed to me through any other means.

Also of a generation where you don't get things for free. If you attend any form of event sports, cinema, concert etc you expect to pay.

Am referring to weans but yer arrogance and pompous ignorance has obviously clouded your judgement so never the twain will meet on it.

It is possible that's why we have a solid foundation and support. You have a healthy home following because of your geographical location and that is all.

Soulless

Pollok don't have a community spirit in their support just as a result of being based in a large international multicultural multi faith area which is one would suspect rather different from Auchinleck.Spoilt brats-no.Realists in the urban and not rural 21st century-yes.

Lok generate a fan base in the face of apathy.Auchinleck have a ready made fan base where there are few alternatives.

3 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

49 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

Am referring to weans but yer arrogance and pompous ignorance has obviously clouded your judgement so never the twain will meet on it.

It is possible that's why we have a solid foundation and support. You have a healthy home following because of your geographical location and that is all.

Soulless

And your argument falls apart when you look the support of other Glasgow sides in high populated areas (Maryhill, petershill etc)

And for the top point my judgment is absolutely spot on thanks. 

And your argument falls apart when you look the support of other Glasgow sides in high populated areas (Maryhill, petershill etc)

And for the top point my judgment is absolutely spot on thanks. 

I redirect your thinking but I can't debate with someone who doesn't know any better. If you have always known what you think you know then so be it.

In my opinion its always better to see the other side before making a judgement call. Plenty of kids could get involved with the juniors if they were allowed in to watch for free.

I'll give you koudos on your support argument though ????

Growing up I never got in at Talbot, Kilbirnie or anywhere else for free. I'm 22 so this must be a fairly new thing? That's with me going to the games most weeks from the age of 8. Taken my cousin to a few games and he's 9 and paid as well (only away game was KRR). 

Its a a couple of quid, and it helps finance the clubs. If I have kids in the future and take them to away games I'll happily pay the £3 in general support of the juniors, as others will pay to get into Newlandsfield.

Regarding our "community" you'll never get a everybody knows each other and is related like a lot of the Ayrshire villages. The mentality in areas like Shawlands/Newlands outside a city the size of Glasgow mean we'll never have it. This presents a challenge but makes the clubs constant high crowds more remarkable. We have the second biggest club in Scotland a few miles down the road and still had an average league attendance of 580 last season. The club has put in a fantastic effort in creating a community around Pollok as a football club and it's really paying dividends now. 

Archived