Jump to content

Pollok v Talbot


Talbot Bing
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

He supports Talbot so why take his weans to Ibrox?

The point is Gers were playing Dundee at roughly the same time as this game so there's a comparison to be made.

At Ibrox:

An adult with 3 kids would have to have bought all 4 tickets in advance (no choice of free entry or "lifting over the turnstile").

No turning up on the day and paying in.

Costing a MINIMUM of £22 for himself and 3 x £6 for the kids (ironically referred to on Gers' website as "Juniors") i.e. £40+ vs £15 at Newlandsfield.

No wandering round the ground or kicking a ball on the pitch at half-time.

More choice of food, drink and sweeties perhaps (?) but all considerably more expensive.

And, arguably, no more entertaining a match than Pollok v Talbot.

£3 each for nearly 2 hours of entertainment for your kids is not extortionate. Typical cost to take kids swimming is between £2 and £3 each.

Football clubs are commercial concerns and to expect automatic freebies off them is unrealistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, archieb said:

The point is Gers were playing Dundee at roughly the same time as this game so there's a comparison to be made.

At Ibrox:

An adult with 3 kids would have to have bought all 4 tickets in advance (no choice of free entry or "lifting over the turnstile").

No turning up on the day and paying in.

Costing a MINIMUM of £22 for himself and 3 x £6 for the kids (ironically referred to on Gers' website as "Juniors") i.e. £40+ vs £15 at Newlandsfield.

No wandering round the ground or kicking a ball on the pitch at half-time.

More choice of food, drink and sweeties perhaps (?) but all considerably more expensive.

And, arguably, no more entertaining a match than Pollok v Talbot.

£3 each for nearly 2 hours of entertainment for your kids is not extortionate. Typical cost to take kids swimming is between £2 and £3 each.

Football clubs are commercial concerns and to expect automatic freebies off them is unrealistic.

You seem to miss the point. The children in question are the Junior football fans of the future and we should encourage parents to bring them along not rip them off. The lad takes the kids to nearly every game and this season he has not been asked to hand over a brown coin from any other club. I could understand if the kids were primary seven but two of them were under 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can I just add that the pie and bovril facility is very poor at Pollok. Great pies but terribly slow. Is this being addressed? Is the person who sells the Pies being given extra tuition on how to pick up two Pies and serve customer within 30 seconds?
Surely this isn't much to add?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Can I just add that the pie and bovril facility is very poor at Pollok. Great pies but terribly slow. Is this being addressed? Is the person who sells the Pies being given extra tuition on how to pick up two Pies and serve customer within 30 seconds?
Surely this isn't much to add?

So, to summarise the Talbot position ...

"We won't support your fundraising (i.e. half-time draw) and we don't expect to pay for our kids to get in, but we DO expect you to provide us with better catering."

Ok, so we'll just wave a magic wand, shall we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, to summarise the Talbot position ...

"We won't support your fundraising (i.e. half-time draw) and we don't expect to pay for our kids to get in, but we DO expect you to provide us with better catering."

Ok, so we'll just wave a magic wand, shall we?




If you don't mind, thank-you
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Young supporters are the future of the juniors and should be encouraged to come along to the games,
Kilbirnie and a fair few other Ayrshire clubs let the kids in for free , (league games) if it's a cup tie you have to consult the other club as they are due half the gate , don't know if Pollok actually contacted talbot or if Pollok charge kids every game,
If you let the kids in for free they then spend their money on pie, sweets ect, plus it might get more paying adults in if their kids want to see a match with their pals .


Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, berryblastie said:

Young supporters are the future of the juniors and should be encouraged to come along to the games,
Kilbirnie and a fair few other Ayrshire clubs let the kids in for free , (league games) if it's a cup tie you have to consult the other club as they are due half the gate , don't know if Pollok actually contacted talbot or if Pollok charge kids every game,
If you let the kids in for free they then spend their money on pie, sweets ect, plus it might get more paying adults in if their kids want to see a match with their pals .

 

Rogue the weans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

In terms of letting kids in free, I'd have thought a common sense one would work - are they there to watch or to accompany dad/mum/ siblings etc... U5s are typically free for most things that they will likely be only passively involved in.

Doesn't matter for me. It's not like a Scotland game where they are taking a seat which could go to an adult. They're merely there to either play with their mates or to watch a game of football. At Junior parks it's hardly shoulder to shoulder. I know I joked about ripping them off for with sweeties etc, but it is a good point. Kids will ask for money for the shop.

Under 12's should be free. Simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Doesn't matter for me. It's not like a Scotland game where they are taking a seat which could go to an adult. They're merely there to either play with their mates or to watch a game of football. At Junior parks it's hardly shoulder to shoulder. I know I joked about ripping them off for with sweeties etc, but it is a good point. Kids will ask for money for the shop.

Under 12's should be free. Simple.

Why U12s?

And because it's 'hardly shoulder to shoulder', clubs can and will charge. It's really not rocket science. You devalue the product - and it is a product as the clubs are businesses with paid employees, and people pay to watch - by giving it away.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Why U12s?

And because it's 'hardly shoulder to shoulder', clubs can and will charge. It's really not rocket science. You devalue the product - and it is a product as the clubs are businesses with paid employees, and people pay to watch - by giving it away.

 

And that`s why year on year clubs are slowly but surely losing supporters and potential committee members for the future. If you don`t give them a chance to form an affinity with their local club during their formative years then by and large you can forget when they get into their teenage years. Clubs really need to look at how they engage with their future supporters and getting them in pre-teen is the best chance you have of getting them on the road to supporting in future. 2 kids with an adult will still return sales through snacks/drinks so it`s hardly letting them in absolutely free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why U12s?

And because it's 'hardly shoulder to shoulder', clubs can and will charge. It's really not rocket science. You devalue the product - and it is a product as the clubs are businesses with paid employees, and people pay to watch - by giving it away.

 

The product? Wtaf you on about?

See its sh**e talk like this that's made scottish football where it is at the minute in the dungheap.

Ffs just you stick to watching fitba let the weans in for free, eat yer pie and bovril and watch a good game.

It wisnae broken in the past when folk volunteered fir nowt but some bunch of suits meddled with yer "product" and now its nearly broken.

But don't You try and mend it cause you'll only make our worse.

Leave it ffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing with letting weans in is a hard one to get right but it's obviously going to be at the home club's discretion. Ultimately they're doing you a favour by letting the weans in gratis so if they occasionally ask for money then you can't really complain. If you're taking them to a dozen games a season you'll need to pay the weans in a couple of times at most, so it's really not that dear when averaged out. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...