Pollok v Talbot

Talbot Bing

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was talking to a lad that was made pay £3 each for three children under ten.

Cup game both teams share the gate. The way I would be looking at is £4.50 to my club. This guy sounds like a chancer " can you just let the weans in " type.

45 minutes ago, juventus said:

Cup game both teams share the gate. The way I would be looking at is £4.50 to my club. This guy sounds like a chancer " can you just let the weans in " type.

99% of Junior clubs turn a blind eye to kids coming into the park. I think a chancer is somebody who sells raffle tickets in a 1300 crowd and puts out a £9.99 bottle of vodka as a prize.

99% of Junior clubs turn a blind eye to kids coming into the park. I think a chancer is somebody who sells raffle tickets in a 1300 crowd and puts out a £9.99 bottle of vodka as a prize.

Coming from a club who charge folk to buy drink in their social club.......

If you are relating to the donation box as you go into the club then this is actually law down our way. Non-members must be signed in by a member and a donation made. This makes you a sort of daytime member and keeps the licensing board away. You can also do what I will be doing and boycott the thing that irks you. I won't be buying another raffle at Newlandsfield so maybe you could stay out the club.

If you are relating to the donation box as you go into the club then this is actually law down our way. Non-members must be signed in by a member and a donation made. This makes you a sort of daytime member and keeps the licensing board away. You can also do what I will be doing and boycott the thing that irks you. I won't be buying another raffle at Newlandsfield so maybe you could stay out the club.

Didn't irk me tbh. Maybe the two bookends at either side of the table that enforce said 'donation' irk me more.

3 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

Clubs can't win with this one , fair enough in league games if that's how others feel  then let the little lads in for nothing but when a split gate then the onus is to be perfectly fair and charge everyone as its between both clubs , I know when I was on a gate that was split I charged everyone as for me it was only fair on both clubs .

As for turning a blind eye I'm sorry that was never for me regardless .

I think Auchinleck fans might also not be aware that their club insisted on having gate checkers at every entrance to Newlandsfield last Saturday to make sure that every person coming into the ground paid to get in and was issued with a ticket 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

I think Auchinleck fans might also not be aware that their club insisted on having gate checkers at every entrance to Newlandsfield last Saturday to make sure that every person coming into the ground paid to get in and was issued with a ticket 

There is a culture at Beechwood where the young kids can on many an occasion get in for nothing, but it sometimes depends on circumstances and personnel. Personally I think that is a good thing and encourages the next generation of fans. However, if the price is set for a concession at £3 and you are subsequently asked for it, can there really be a legitimate complaint? As for Talbot having gate checkers, no one could ever accuse them of not being on the ball!

7 hours ago, superpollok said:

There were 4 prizes at the weekend in the raffle. Whiskey Vodka and wine. As jack asked what wonderful prizes should we expect down at Talbot.... saying that probably a two bedroom house in Auchinleck is comparable in value. 

It depends how many tickets the Talbot supporters buy, because you lot are not renowned for putting your hands in your pockets.

It depends how many tickets the Talbot supporters buy, because you lot are not renowned for putting your hands in your pockets.

Examples to back up your comment?

As it's pretty clear on this thread it's the AT supporters moaning about £3 admission for concessions or a £1 raffle ticket.

12 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Examples to back up your comment?

As it's pretty clear on this thread it's the AT supporters moaning about £3 admission for concessions or a £1 raffle ticket.

We still paid it though. That's the difference. 

Archived